Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finisher Attacks No Longer Bypass Shield

aerosoul1337

Finisher attacks deal finishing damage but they can not bypass shield any more.

This bug effects stealth finisher, counter finisher, blade storm and skill prompted finisher such as paralysis, teleport, radial blind etc...

Finisher damage bypasses shields.  It's a damage type that is not done by stealth finishers, counter finishers or other prompted finishers (Except when using Hysteria).  That being said, Blade Storm does do finisher damage, and should still be ignoring shields, that needs to be fixed.

Also, yes, it is dumb for finisher moves, and finisher damage to have no correlation.

• 1 month later...

xXRampantXx, you're thinking of the fact that "ground finishers" don't deal finisher damage.
Prompt finishers (stealth, stun, etc.) deal finisher damage (ground ones don't have prompts).

I went into the Simulacrum with an unmodded Valkyr and an unmodded Cerata, dealing various melee attacks on Corpus enemies to test things.  I'm using Valkyr for Paralysis in order to induce finishers while avoiding the 4x melee damage caused by invisibility.

The Cerata is pure Toxin, 35 base damage.

ZJlzVIP.png

If I hit a Corpus Power Carrier with it normally, his health is damaged, not his shields.  This is to be expected, because Toxin bypasses shields.  It deals "52" damage on normal hits because Corpus health has a 50% weakness to Toxin, and 35 * 1.5 is 52.5 and the display floors damage.  In this clip you can see it dealing 105 damage on a crit, showing that the 0.5 was just truncated for display and not lost.

gBDPl0s.gif

However if I stun him and then deal a finisher attack, his shields get damaged first.

EuTnXQP.gif

This shows both that it's not dealing Toxin damage (which is right, it's finisher), and that finisher damage is hitting shields first (which is wrong, as the OP says it should bypass shields).  Further attacks hit just health once his shield is down (as expected).

unGj109.gif

And the further attacks deal 1600% damage to his health, with the Cerata's base damage that's (35 * 16) = 560 damage, and since finishers force a crit (yellow number) we double that for 1,120 expected damage.  We see 1,118 in the gif (Warframe is known to round arsenal stats so this variance is acceptable).  This also shows that it's dealing Finisher damage and not Toxin, because Toxin's 150% damage versus Corpus health does not happen on these attacks.

So I have two concerns from testing.

1 - As the OP states and I showed, finisher damage is currently hitting shields, not bypassing them.  It apparently bypassed shields in the past and we were not told about this change so it's assumed to be a bug.  It may be related to a change in logic with the introduction fo the Covert Lethality mod.

2 - Finishers deal 2x the 1600% damage because they force a crit... a 2x crit.  Increasing the crit damage on the Cerata did not change the number at all, I would always deal 1,118 damage even with Organ Shatter increasing the crit multiplier of the weapon to 3.8x.  The Skana with 35 damage and a 1.5x base multiplier also deals a fixed 2x.  Is this known/expected?

xXRampantXx, you're thinking of the fact that "ground finishers" don't deal finisher damage.

Prompt finishers (stealth, stun, etc.) deal finisher damage (ground ones don't have prompts).

My apologies, this was not always the case (or at the least, the wiki did not always state this was the case), and my information was outdated.  Thank you for correcting this.

On topic, Finisher damage being inconsistent in its shield ignoring abilities has been a regular problem since its introduction.  It would be great for DE to address this problem.

Edited by xXRampantXx

So from posts on Reddit and further testing, it's not the "finisher" type damage itself hitting shields, 'cause stuff like Undertow and Energy Vampire still go right to health.  Apparently the specific type of damage stealth prompts do (which is technically a different damage type) is what's erroneously striking shields first.

2 - Finishers deal 2x the 1600% damage because they force a crit... a 2x crit.  Increasing the crit damage on the Cerata did not change the number at all, I would always deal 1,118 damage even with Organ Shatter increasing the crit multiplier of the weapon to 3.8x.  The Skana with 35 damage and a 1.5x base multiplier also deals a fixed 2x.  Is this known/expected?

There are some misinformation on your calculations on melee finisher damage. All finishers regardless of weapon type deal 3200% damage or 32x. This change happened awhile back. Unfortunately wiki has not been updated to reflect the changes. Crit damage is applied separately like any other melee attack (Finisher attacks do not force a crit.)

(Although since around u17, finisher crit damage is not being properly affected by crit multiplier but that is a whole other bug issue.)

Here's the proof: https://forums.warfr...79-update-1513/

Its under Stealth Finisher/Affinity Updates: 

• Finisher damage will now increase based on weapon rank and enemy level. Finisher Damage for stealth kills capped at 8x damage with max rank melee weapon!

The 8x damage is multiplied by the the 4x stealth bonus, therefore making it 32x.

So I want to say "using Paralysis isn't Stealth" but I tested to see and...

Cerata
35 base damage

175 spin damage
+50% toxin to Corpus health
175 * 1.5 = 262.5

hBVL3q5.png

262 dealt damage on a spin attack, it matches.

Using Paralysis first, I get 419 on a normal hit.

l50pAaH.png

35 (base) * 1.5 (toxin->flesh) * 8 = 420
Is that last multiplier 8, or a 2x (crit) and a 4x (stealth)?

And for stun'n'spin, I get stuff like 2096...

w3JO4qI.png

Or 2358...

P4PZeuw.png

So I'm not sure what those are coming from at all.

• 1 month later...