Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Specific Dodge Maneuvers.

(PSN)oracle-ryuu

this is an idea i had that would make each war frame even more unique. 

the idea would be that some warframes have unique effects tacked onto their dodge rolls, or even an all new dodge maneuver.

the idea is simple, and would reflect what the war frame is themed off of. For instance, EXCALIBUR's new dodge technique would have him side stepping instead of rolling while parrying enemy bullets from the front. 

another example would be ember. her new dodge maneuver would be a a sidestep maneuver too, but would have her twirl in the air and surround herself in fire, making it an offensive maneuver.

loki however, would have the same dodge roll as is currently implemented (unless you wanted him to leave behind a short term decoy to get his enemies distracted, but that might be a little too powerful.)

so what would determine whether a frame gets a new dodge technique or not?…..well..its hard to say. We can divide them into a couple of categories, such as heavy armor, or caster frames vs not caster frame, but in the end its really on a Frame By Frame basis.

for instance, i can se limbo with a special dodge technique that has him slip to the side while phasing into or out of the rift, whereas mesa would probably do and old fashioned dodge roll. why did i let limbo have one and not mesa. for some reason it just makes sense that way. (not saying mesa couldn't have one, again, this is sort of up in the air.)

so what do you think? would this be a neat implementation? and if so, whats your ideas for a given frames dodge technique?

Some ideas:

-excalibur parry technique:

-limbos phase technique:

-Zephyrs whirlwind technique: becomes a whirlwind and flings nearby enemies away.

-equinox, a short twirl, changing their current form.

-Rhino, a heavy dodge roll the knock enemies over 

-volt zap: volt does a short teleport in the direction he's dodging, by becoming lightning and zapping to the point, then quickly reverting form. 

etc.

I think ways to dodge attacks would be awesome, but I'm thinking more of something like bloodborne or dark souls rolling/sidestepping. Not everything needs to be flashy, in fact, using a dodge power that wasn't reliant and some super technology would reinforce the feeling of being a ninja. It would also make melee more interesting.

+9999 OP

unique dodge animations for each frame would be badass

also think about unique jumping/running/parkour? super badass

but the amount of work would be huge

i think it might just be more reasonable to have 3 sets of animations for a light/medium/heavy frames, then DE could monetize them like the current unique frame idles

this would be a HUMONGOUS plat sink if DE did it right...

+9999 OP

unique dodge animations for each frame would be badass

also think about unique jumping/running/parkour? super badass

but the amount of work would be huge

i think it might just be more reasonable to have 3 sets of animations for a light/medium/heavy frames, then DE could monetize them like the current unique frame idles

this would be a HUMONGOUS plat sink if DE did it right...

all of this is true, it would be a lot of work, but it would also give mrs reasons to play specific frame, plus, some of the maneuver could be reused and slightly altered effects. dodges like embers and zephyrs would be similar, with unique effects, that would reduce the work down a lot. the same could be said for frames like rhino and atlas. both would have the same heavy roll mechanic, with slightly altered visuals to reflects their theme. and some wouldn't even need to be changed, reducing the wrk even further.

still, i do appreciate your input and i have actually though that the three different armor classes (heavy medium and clothe) need to have different parkour techniques. so limbo and mesa would have much more maneuverability than rhino would, but rhino's parkour has more offensive, or defensive advantages, while the mid class would have a decent balance of both. maybe even just what we have right now.