Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Should Have Innate Punch-Through Or Better Aoe

Aetrion

I freaking LOVE the Opticor. Six forma in it and I love obliterating lvl 100 Heavy Gunners with a head shot!

That being said, the AoE blast is kind of useless. It doesn't do a lot of damage, only activates when you hit a non HP having surface, and it's small...though I heard the size (and consiquently the damage) increases with the Fire Storm mod on.

However, I would trade the AoE for innate punch-through. When I take my heavy laser into battle I don't plan on shooting feet all day. Hell, it does have a huge amount of puncture damage... I mean, really.

Yea, the AoE is simply not worth missing on purpose for, which is what you have to do to even get the AoE damage. Adding Shred to the weapon at least lets you hit one targets leg and still get the AoE if it hits the ground second, but overall it's a gimpy mechanic and it's just annoying that a weapon that is so much fun otherwise is hampered by such a half baked secondary effect. 

he isnt asking for a buff he is asking for a mechanic change exchanging the aoe which bugs out half the time anyway for punch thru which a weapon with 1000 base puncture damage should have come with anyway.

that mechanics change would result in it being buffed. It would do better than it already is. There is no reason for it to be that way unless we lower the damage or something sinilar

Performance wise, it doesn't need a buff at all, however I still support the innate punch through because when I've used it against crowds of enemies, the time I need to sacrifice to charge this huge hulking cannon, is wasted because I hit ONE enemy with enough damage to explode a star, and the grineer butcher behind him is perfectly fine, then my carrier one shots him with his shotgun. I'm sitting there with a cannon that's done no better than my robo-pet's shotgun. Think of other charge weapons. Bows have innate punch through. Drakgoon had innate punch through on charge shot. Most similarly, lanka has 5m punch through. Opticor, the biggest gun in the game needs punch through.