Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re Balancing The Galatine

phoenix1992

Hello, fellow space ninjas.

I want to start with an disclaimer - I love my Galatine, and I hug her tight. Yet that does not mean that the weapon should stay like that in my point of view.

Galatine - what is it, what are the pros, cons and the issue for me.

Galtine is an heavy blade - one of the 4 available in the game (to my knowledge: Scindo, Scindo Prime, Gram and Galatine), she requires MR 3 rank and considered an multipurpose melee.

Pros - Enormous range, Not so bad basic stats, Not racist towards enemies, Does not need so many rare mods, Cleaving whirlwind provides almost 360 hit coverage.
Cons - Slow, Impact and Puncture damage is low, stance mods are not easy to find.

Here is my build for this weapon:
EmcbX1J.jpg

You may notice that the mods are mild, and I only needed forma for the stance. With this build the weapon just cleaves trough enemies up to 50 level with little to no stops. I don't think it should be like that - such brute force that can carry on for so long should not be on MR3, or the recipe should be an Dojo research. Also the slot capacity - 9 left, without any forma and the weapon still stays strong (as strong as to get you to T4 towers and keep it up). Now if/when we get our hands on Primed Fury, this will become even more strong weapon and the last official drawback on it will disappear.

Please, say state your opinions as well.

Edited by phoenix1992

it does that cuz viral damage and crit build u have on.... also, it`s fuggin slow even if with fury on, so I think its balanced

and nah slash damage falls off pretty badly and quickly against armored enemies, scindo p in t4 hardly ever kills a level 60 gunner (using tempo royale)

heavy weapons are not overpowered, it`s the other weapons that are underpowered

wow, we have quite different builds. though I can see how the Viral helps, even if I don't use it personally.

Honestly, the Galatine should stay as-is. It's nice to have a weapon you won't get laughed at for bringing to high-level play that nearly anyone can access. Granted I've been MR19 for a while now and that's not an issue for me, but for newer players it's nice to have something reliable by your side (or err... on your back) that'll support you up to and through high level play. it's very satisfying to look at the high-level OP players and see "Wait, they're using THAT weapon. I CAN BUILD THAT!" and then using it yourself to have something you won't need to change out very often

I'm VERY excited for Primed Fury when it comes out, because it'll make my Eternal War Valk a cacophony of destruction

You are using Heavy Trauma and Rending Strike on a Slash based weapon...

Those mods add damage based on the damage of their type, so Heavy Trauma adding +90% Impact to a base of 10 damage will only increase damage by 9 points, for example. I strongly suggest switching those two mods out for basically anything.

You see weapon with mild (bad) mods, that still does the trick. For me this is kinda not okay for MR3 and easy recipe.

PS: Swapped Heavy Trauma for reach - the reason why it had heavy trauma was for mod fodder after formating the Stance slot- did not have anything to put in there, put Trauma.

Edited by phoenix1992

You see weapon with mild (bad) mods, that still does the trick. For me this is kinda not okay for MR3 and easy recipe.

most of meele weapons work more or less till enemys lvl 50 with halfbaked buidls  a MR3 will get one shoted with a enemy lvl 50  so dont worry

Mine works level +100 it's a decent build with the skill to make it work

but u are not MR 3 and dont have a halfbaked build for sure...

and enemy s100+ u have weapons that work better then gelatine

Edited by venon23

Please for the love of god, we already have enough of a pointless nerf community on the forums. Melee weapons tend to deal substantially less damage than ranged weapons in this game, they tend to put you in a more risky position than ranged weapons, and they are generally impractical unless you are using one of the few frames suited to melee. The Galatine of all things does not need a nerf.