Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Revamp For The Pvp Community

Pythadragon

Currently, the pvp community faces two major problems when trying to discuss pvp matters.

1. pve players enter the discussion not realizing it is a pvp discussion

2. lack of pvp subforums i.e. designated places to talk about things.

Solutions:

1. Teshin background when viewing a pvp subforum

It is not sufficient to put 'pvp' in the title of a thread. I've done it, and I've seen it done. It doesn't always work, and pve players keep barging into discussions and derailing the topic by suggesting we put 'pvp' tags in our thread titles.

Having a separate pvp theme when viewing a topic in a pvp subforum would be a huge visual indicator. One much bigger than the size 10 font 'PvP Feedback' title on the top of the page. It should not be a 'social etiquette' requirement to put a pvp tag on the top of each pvp thread when this could be shown in the actual forum itself.

2. Proper pvp subforums.

Currently all we have is pvp feedback, which simply does not fit the needs of the community. Suggested subforums are as followed:

A. Pvp general discussion

A place to talk about pvp. Want help getting started in pvp? Ask it here. How it's fun/not fun. Lore connections. What you like about it/dislike about it. The future of it, ect. Want to rant about how you missed pvp 1.0 or how you're pumped for darksectors to return? Do it here.

B.  Pc pvp balance + feedback

The current pvp subforum, with an emphasis on balance concerns and suggestions.

C. Console pvp balance + feedback.

Console pvp has repeatedly shown that it is a different beast than pc through the feedback of its members here. Not to mention the whole, 'console is on a different update version than pc' thing. And the 'console is a different experience than pc due to controller vs keyboard/mouse' thing.

Edited by Pythadragon

Having the forums add a [PvP] Tag to the start of all PvP feedback is the best solution. If a player doesn't look at or see that in the title- they're not going to take notice of Teshin in the background. There's nothing you can do about players that don't care to think for more than 5 seconds before posting on something. I for one have not realized I'm in a PvP thread quite a few times- but never ONCE did I not realize when the poster put a PvP tag.

Agreed.

The lack of distinction between PVP and PVE threads causes a lot of wasted time between the OP and other posters just trying to clear up the whole, "This is PVP feedback, not PVE." It seems to happen nearly every time that a PVP thread pops up, which truly hampers feedback from enthusiasts.

The background change is a good idea. It's a nice, striking difference that'll likely prevent auto-pilot responses from people misinterpreting the thread.

EDIT: Although, I use the Dark Theme. I wonder if the difference won't be as noticeable between the Light Theme and the proposed PVP theme.

Extra subforums will do wonders in organizing PVP-related topics. Although, "General Discussion" tends to be the subforum with the most traffic. My only hope is that separating the PVP forums won't cause the actual feedback threads to be overlooked.

Edited by Otenko

Why not just separate PvP feedback subforum away from "feedback categories" category and creeate  "PvP discussion" Category where there would be PvP content (montages and stats boasting) , weapon feedback, frame feedback and PvP discussion, PvP help.

That would be much better and would encourage people to NOT mix up frame and weapon feedback turning the thread into mess of whining (like some of my threads were - I was talking about frost and tonfa weaponry actually hinting at what I face recently) .

E.g : If there is an annoying meta - it is discussed in discussion. If weapon is itself imbalanced whether used on mag or saryn -> PvP Weapon feedback.

P.S. : Yeah , things that would actually noting you that this is teshin's hell of whining a.ka Teshin's 2nd floor of inferno, would be awesome.

P.P.S: (3rd floor is 1v4 matches where everyone uses ash prime and rhino with shotguns whereas you have no shotgun in all your 5 builds actually leaving you in close range disadvantage.  :(  )

Edited by pavlo555