Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #64!

[DE]Rebecca

4CYGIbE.jpg

Get ready, Tenno! Devstream #64 is this Friday, and there is lots going on in this two-part stream!

PART ONE:

Join us for 'The Second Dream' preview Stream!

Who? The usual suspects join Rebecca on the couch and PC!

What? We will be previewing parts of Warframe's next major Update, 'The Second Dream'. From the upcoming Archer-themed Warframe to playing the new Sortie system, tune in for a look at what is (and isn't) coming Soon!

Where? Twitch.tv/Warframe

When? Friday, November 27 at 2 p.m EST! Find your timezone here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Bonus: And here's your chance to get even more involved! Think you've got a loadout that's Sortie-worthy? Post 'I Volunteer as tribute' in this thread to have your Alias entered into the mix to be copied to our Dev Server and we will run a Sortie with your loadout! Ensure you make a Loadout named 'Sortie' for us to use! All platforms can participate.

PART TWO:  

Our Movember-madness-marathon featuring Rob of AGGP!
What & Where? From 3 p.m EST onwards, a group of Mustached Tenno will be equip the most stylish 'staches and take to Survival for the ultimate endurance run. For every minute Survived, $5 will be donated to Movember! To join this group, get your best style on and meet us in the Orcus Relay on Pluto for selection! Only the most Stylish will be considered! www.warframe.com/movember

A few questions.

1 - Why did you nerf Saryn's health? You want her to be a melee 'frame but she is as tanky as wet paper.

2 - Will we see any new syndicate weapon augments soon?

3 - Any plans to implement dedicated servers to raids and PvP?

4 - We have a flamethrower that can go through walls, why can't we pick up items while in the Rift? (not just Cataclysm, the WHOLE Rift)

5 - Any plans for Stealth 2.0?

6 - Any more Kubrow buffs?

7 - Why can we have millions of alloy plate but only 1 Kubrow Egg?

8 - Will there be an Ammo rework/Ammo 2.0?

9 - Can we have the ability to turn off the AI in the simularcrum? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/557191-simulacrum-addition-killing-ai/

10 - Can we please be able to distill the old Arcane helmets and put the Arcane on a different helmet?

Hopefully some of these questions get answered.

Q1- If you went back in time to show your past selves (at the time of the initial closed beta) the current build of Warframe, what do you think they would like/dislike about it? (From your specific department or in general)

With the great strides we make in life, sometimes looking back at how we used to think can show us how much we've really changed. Things you love or learned presently, may not have been well received earlier in your life. I'd be interested in hearing how your way of thinking now stands against how you thought about development when you starting working on Warframe.

Q2- I recall hearing word about the option to downsize Clan tiers is to be coming, either in update 18, or following after. As a Co-Leader of a Clan, I am very much interested in downsizing our Clan, however, it has been proving difficult. Our Clan sits around 350 members, which makes us a Moon Clan, and the limit is 300. With this, we are close to the bare qualifications of being a Moon Clan, but with the fullest of costs. I feel as though all the other tiers have pretty solid limits, but Moon tier jumps to a gap of 300-1000.

I was curious if a tier would be created between Mountain and Moon, and if so, what timeframe could be expected in its implementation?

My thought being this new Clans limit would be 500 or 600, with Moon Clans being above to 1000. I feel as though this could allow some tweaking to the current tier costs and balance them further for a wider variety of group sizes and give some relief to all Clans in terms of resource requirements.

Q3- Are there any current plans for Syndicates in regards to how oppositions/enemies work in the game and their significance to the "World" outside of relays?

Currently, every Syndicate has an ally, opposition and enemy and this keeps the Syndicate chart in balance, for the most part. Unfortunately for me, the factions I really like (Perrin Sequence and Steel Meridian) are complete enemies with each other which makes it impossible to gain standing without exclusively performing somewhat complicated gymnastics with factions I don't like and don't want to support.

As someone who really likes that Syndicates "react" to your support choices and has 5 syndicates in the positive with only one of them just under max rank, I'm 100% happy that it is possible to achieve my goal, even through very trying means, but I'd rather be able to support the Syndicates I want without this obsessive level of effort. With that said, I'm absolutely aware that my completionist tendencies aren't the intended design and are not meant to really be a viable option, but I kind of wish it was.

I volunteer as tribute.

Didn't know about the Movember stuff, I'll keep on the stream if I can!

On the Sortie thing, I'd like to ask if there's anything that wouldn't be copied? Cosmetics with Arcane Enhancements, or enhanced helmets.

EDIT: Also, question for the stream please!

-Now that the last big update of 2015 is (almost) here, what have you guys in mind?

-Quest system: Now that the biggest quest yet has arrived... How are the plans to make the quests replayable going? With the possibility of even more story in 2016 done via those, it would be a huge step forward for the game.

-Also, this one as a last one: What has proven most difficult in this Update? (unless the answer contains spoilers of course :P)

As a note I'd have liked to ask for the team personal balance on 2015 (as in, retrospectively looking at the game what goals have been accomplished and etc) but I'm taking there will be a Devstream later this year to focus on this so... I'll save this for later.

Edited by NightmareT12

It was mentioned that a cold themed melee weapon might be coming. May we have an update on this?

The cerata marks a new, neater, sleeker, and more lethal looking infested weapon aesthetic appearance. Can we and  will we see more weapons that follow this design? More infested weapons in general would be appreciated

When will we see an update to the channeling system? Currently the system VASTLY favors large damage 1 hit weapons, especially the great sword and hammer weapons, due to their efficient channeling (and they restore more health per hit with life strike to save you energy). Even then, we have yet to see a weapon that has any variance in the stats for channeling

Will we see new nikanas? The nikanas EFFECTIVELY have 1 weapon in their class, being their namesake. An interesting suggestion could be a nikana dedicated to channeling that is more efficient or more damaging

Closely related is the possibility of new greatswords. It has been a while since a new one has come (not including the scindo prime since it is a prime and an axe) and a new one would be appreciated

New questions:
Despite the chronological occurrence of reworks, limbo is in the greatest need of a rework. He has yet to even be mentioned. He and nekros (though limbo more so) need more. I, and I know others, still want to see desecrate removed from nekros' base ability set. I personally feel that an entire skill dedicated to RNG is inherently bad to the frame (and as pointed out, it turns him into a stationary spam caster). Limbo is in an even worse state though, so word on there reworks or if there are any basic plans and ideas for these 2 (and others I am sure) would be appreciated

New Question 2: There are quite a few people who have decided to follow the 4 syndicate method. I am one of those people. I love the veil, but sadly I cannot wear their sigil if I want to stay in the positive with suda and hexis. My question is, can we see aesthetic only sigils from syndicates? You can wear them but will not accrue rep from them. Perhaps some end all sigil that costs 100k rep, to show dedication to that syndicate and that you have dedicated yourself to them and is the most extravagant in terms of animation, design, and such but is only aesthetic. For veil, for example, a better sigil that shows their usual animation and perhaps has dynamic flames on the sigil? Meaning their are flames on the edge of the sigil that move and dance on your frame, with more noticeable animations. Basically, a way to wear a syndicate sigil that is meant to show the utmost dedication to said syndicate. Though, badges would be nice too.

Another question relating syndicates, will we see sentinel and kubrow mods from syndicates? Like a mod that might give each kubrow a bit of x kind of damage, a syndicate effect, and such. Another possibility, kubrow (and when they come cavat) fur patterns that are unique to that syndicate. Perhaps even color patterns, or kubrow prints from the syndicate. It could help add another layer to kubrows and syndicates alike

new question. Related to syndicate, and I am sure many other people have asked about this, will we see syndicate armors? Brief and simple question

Another new question. Will we see another contest like the old enemy design or weapon design contests? People of the community making something to go in game that isn't just a skin. I know that tennogen is still fairly new and something like that contest again could easily be far off, but I personally am still curious. 

That, or will we see a typhus esque frame? Typhus is a great frame, but something even typhus esque in theme and appearance would be amazing.

Another New question. Will the daikyu either get a dragon version or a buff? It is in a poor place. Status weapons can be strong, and the daikyu could work as a gas build status weapon with it's high base damage, but it does not due to the physical damage. Combined with the need to fully draw every shot, low crit chance, and low draw speed it makes for a semi lack luster bow. While I do love the look of the daikyu, and would love more great bows in general, will the daikyu get some love through a dragon form or a buff?

Regarding the above question, is the dragon prefix going to only go for the nikana or will other weapons ever receive dragon variants?

End of series of new questions

More questions to come

Joke questions

Can we have viking stuff? Like viking helmets, viking axes, or Surtur's sword of the sun of dead gods

New: I volunteer as tribute

Edited by Surtur

So, ETA on the hotfix that'll add daily decay to Nitan Extract?

I mean, that's the obvious next step.

Rare resources are damnably rare, but clearly not rare enough, so people stockpile.

Enter Argon, with its daily decay, gated behind both low droprates and Void keys.

Still not rare enough.

New resource! Tellurium, Archwing (Urgh) only!

Woops! It drops on sharkwing maps (though still subject to rare drop rates), and for most of a week was a guaranteed drop due to a droptable bug.

Too common!

But no worries, ALERTIUM TO THE RESCUE!

Rather than farmable-but-low-chance, it's now a pay-to-sleep/have-a-life resource (which you can't even buy).

But sooner or later, it'll become too common, since it's stockpileable.

So, Alertium decay when?

Edit:

Why yes, I am a little, teeny bit 'salty'. But, until someone gives some rationale, I find my displeasure reasonable.

All the above said, I'll be keeping an eye on Alertium frequency over the next week. Haven't decided how little of it I'll be spending ingame yet.

Edit 2:

It's no secret that our Credit Alerts are largely uninteresting, so we wanted to freshen up and add variety to the alert system. We have given it a new use by including Nitain into the system.

These alerts will be running at least 4 times a day on all platforms. Essentially we've taken some of the previous 'Credit Only' Alerts and appended this resource to them <snip>

Alright, this is already much better than I was expecting. Thank you very much for this bit of information.

(And I, personally, would've been less upset had it been included in the introductory patchnotes to begin with.)

<snip>

Please add this piece of information to the patchnotes. Edited by Chroia

My questions ^^

1- What Happened to the "Fire Sigil"? the one we saw on Devstream 38. I want it :c

Sigil.gif

oh look! there are 2 "fire sigils" now i want both D:

2- can we have "custom emblems" like the clan emblems but with our images?,  It can cost 100p+ no problem for me (and not only one, I would love to see an unlimited number of emblems to use) 

3- can we, normal forums users, have custom images in the forums? It can use some moderation but I guess it's a good idea. Maybe not for in-game but I will like to see custom images on forums)

4- can we get more customization options? Like different colors configurations for different things, for example we can get different colors combinations for syandanas and shoulders.

Can't wait for the steam ^^

So, the Sentients, can we finally know about details on them! Can we see them or have their mechanics explained?

Of the upcoming warframe reworks (Rhino aside) which ones are currently being worked on? Which one is the closest to being done and could we get a preview or be told details of them? (In Bladestorm's case please let Ash himself do the killing)

Hello Devs, last time I posted questions none were asked hope this time at least one gets picked.

1. Have you thought of making Dual Nikana weapons, sense the dual swords are based off of the Wakizashi/Tanto combination?

2. Will there be any more archwings? If so Do you have any ideas/concepts in mind?

3. Will endless missions ever get a major rotation/reward overhaul? 

4. Any thoughts on adding a utility mod for Item collecting? The need to walk over every loot seems odd  In a fast pace action game such as warframe. Yes there is the carrier/carrier prime but then we miss out on other companions.

5. will the one Kubrow egg limit ever be removed?

Edited by (XB1)DarkNoah1