Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloud Walker Bugged?

Nefarious

I know there are a bunch of those Wukong threads here already, sorry for that, in my defence though - none of them seem to mention this bug that i've found so i thought this needed a bit more attention.

Otherwise Wukong has been a great release, really loving it so far, but the Cloud Walker only works properly when i move horizontally.

So, as i try to float through the battlefield as a cloud, everything works perfectly as long as the movement is horizontal.

Vertical movement is buggy as hell, very rarely am i free to move straight up by looking up and pressing W, usually it's like i'm gliding against an invisible skybox and still moving forward regardless of where my mouse is pointed.

Now, looking up, pressing W and repeatedly tapping A & D seems to make it so that i can slightly move up, but still it seems restricted by something.

As an occasional stealth player this was pretty annoying to deal with.

Or am i missing something and this really is just a bug that happens to me for some reason as others haven't mentioned it?

EDIT!!

Temporary fix

What i've found is that crouching somehow affects how the invisible skybox behaves that usually would restrict the upwards vertical movement.

I don't know what this means, but i'm sure it'll help with debugging.

How to reproduce this?

First of all, make sure you're using hold to crouch.

Hold down the crouch button then cast Cloud Walker and try to move upwards while still holding down the button, don't let go of the crouch button.

I think it should be noted that even this technique only worked about 7 or 8 times out of 10 for me, but at least i'm sometimes able to move straight up now.

DE notice pls? :(

Edited by Nefarious

Vertical movement idk if its intended or not but. Lets say I cast it 10m up in the air. I can go horizontal but not up. If I go down I cant go back up to my original 10m height.

That has been the case for me as well, vertical movement upwards seems to be very buggy, downwards seems to work perfectly fine though, in my experience at least.

Does holding the jump button do anything?

No, i already tried using jump for "UP" and crouch for "DOWN" as it would make sense, as the ability pretty much is noclip with the exception of not being able to go through walls.

Edited by NefariousSeraph

I think whats happening is when the skill is cast it uses the ground as a reference so your still walking on the "clouds" even though you cant see them and it uses the ground as a reference point or something. Cause if your cloud walking you wouldnt need to go up really I mean just look at Mario when he walks on the clouds, theyre flat.

Sirius%20Mario%20Bros%202_Mar26%2010_26_

I think whats happening is when the skill is cast it uses the ground as a reference so your still walking on the "clouds" even though you cant see them and it uses the ground as a reference point or something. Cause if your cloud walking you wouldnt need to go up really I mean just look at Mario when he walks on the clouds, theyre flat.

So are you trying to say that this was intentional?

Because vertical downwards movement doesn't seem to be restricted at all, all you have to do is point and hold W and it works.

Going up however, seems to work if you hold W + A OR D and then look up at about an 45 degree angle, you will glide up, but i'm sure this wasn't fully intended.

Edited by NefariousSeraph

Probably just a way to restrict the skill so you cant float through a map without being hit.

I dont think it's intentional, my bf can freely move in all directions for whatever reason and when the skill was shown on the Devstream rebecca was able to move completely freely as well.

I dont think it's intentional, my bf can freely move in all directions for whatever reason and when the skill was shown on the Devstream rebecca was able to move completely freely as well.

So this is definitely a bug..but it seems that not many people have Wukong yet OR they're not using him enough to notice this.

My thread is getting lost among all the others too and DE won't see :*( 

So are you trying to say that this was intentional?

Because vertical downwards movement doesn't seem to be restricted at all, all you have to do is point and hold W and it works.

Going up however, seems to work if you hold W + A OR D and then look up at about an 45 degree angle, you will glide up, but i'm sure this wasn't fully intended.

So after doing your go sideways a bit to eventually go up it actually worked. I eventually went up so it is a bug. Awesome how we get to debug China too :3

Edited by rawr1254

So after doing your go sideways a bit to eventually go up it actually worked. I eventually went up so it is a bug. Awesome how we get to debug China too :3

Yeah it's definitely a bug, seems that it is going unnoticed for the most part though..

Inb4 DE takes months to fix this.

I've tried running different settings too, thinking that maybe VSync or something affects it, but no luck so far. 

Yeah it's definitely a bug, seems that it is going unnoticed for the most part though..

Inb4 DE takes months to fix this.

I've tried running different settings too, thinking that maybe VSync or something affects it, but no luck so far. 

Also interesting correct me if Im wrong I never noticed this being true for other frames but, for his 4th skill host lag determines the cast time :\ Also Ive been able to go into a nullifier and kill it with this skill sometimes.

Edited by rawr1254

Pretty sure its just a invisible skybox. I took this screenshot in the simulacrum yesterday to see how high i could go and i went up just fine.

Also this is the feedback section, bugs dont go in here but in the bug report section. -snip-

So how can it be possible that some people are affected by it, but others are not?

Unless the borders of a map are client-side and the graphics driver somehow messes up?

So how can it be possible that some people are affected by it, but others are not?

After some DE's weighed in on the issue internally it looks like this is caused by collision with an equipped Sentinel - so those without Sentinels equipped would not be seeing the problem to the degree that those with Sentinels are seeing.

After some DE's weighed in on the issue internally it looks like this is caused by collision with an equipped Sentinel - so those without Sentinels equipped would not be seeing the problem to the degree that those with Sentinels are seeing.

Of all possible causes for issues... This could not be funnier.

Now I have to ask, is there any particular reason players have collision with their own Sentinels? Or for Sentinels to have collision with anything that isn't a projectile?

Thank you for the answer.

So, use kubrow instead for now.

I am assuming that this is something you guys can fix and it'll be included in the next hotfix?

Hope so, thanks anyway.

Any news about Wukong bugged ultimate? It's not working with range mods despite showing his staff get bigger.