Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Ideas That Can Make Volt's Overload More Fun & Usable

Scarachus

As we all know, Volt's ult, Overload is a bit on the underwhelming side. It's extremely situational, slow, makes you vulnerable to enemy fire and is overall not very useful. However, I feel that it could be improved and be made atleast somewhat more useful or fun to use. Here are my 2 ideas/suggestions.

First, Idea A

Volt will have a passive ability that increases power strength, range and status duration for Overload (and Overload only) that is affected by Electric, Magnetic and Radiation damage/procs respectively when done to shields. It'll work similarily to Chroma's Scorn while using Vex Armor, only instead of being an ability, it's a passive ability, and instead of increasing armor, it increases power strength, range and status duration, like I said.

Second, Idea B

Volt's Overload's animation speed will be halved, but he gains invulnerability while he is casting the ability. Any damage done to him during the casting animation will increase the damage that Overload will do. Electric damage will increase more damage than other types, of course.

While these ideas certaintly will not make Volt top tier, it will definitely make his ult a lot more interesting and maybe even usable.

Edited by Scarachus

Initial damage needs to be increased with the arc'ing damage staying the same. A channeling aspect can be added that when you reach your peak it drains a certain amount of energy every second yet increases the speed inwhich the arc'ing damage occurs. Longer you remain at the peak the faster the arc damage occurs and the energy drain per second increases.

Edited by KanesDeath

What Overload needs right now is a method to make it retain damage even after blowing out all the lights.

What I suggest is making Overload able to spark off each current Electric Shield on the field (capping the amount of Electric Shields that can be available at a same instance) and that alone will make Overload viable again