Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Turbulence Ineffective On Certain Projectiles Via Missiles And Ramparts (Ignore's Turbulence)

HalfDarkShadow

EDIT: Recently noticed this past hotfix (18.3.1 + 18.3.1.1) corrected the projectile problem. It wasn't mentioned in any the patch-notes though, so it definitely was a nice sneaky surprise. I noticed still some claims that the Ramparts still have no effect because of Turbulence, but I'll edit this again later if I can confirm that or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So about two nights ago, I was putting together an entire thread on a bunch of Zephyr bugs, be it confirmed or just claims, and creating actual images and videos for what I found that is still relevant post Update 17.12.1.

My stupid self accidentally clicked on something else on the page, and lost about 2 hours of work, and it was 2am so I said screw it and I'll do it another day. So I'll recreate an entire topic about that later this weekend, but for now I wanted to get out of the way a more larger issue that apparently has been an issue since September (and even longer for the issues it had before) regarding Turbulence and projectiles via missiles.

When I testing somethings out the other night, I wanted to actually record the issue of when bombards start shooting missiles at Zephyr while Turbulence is active, instead of being properly redirected such as Mesa's Shattershield, it will such make a complete 180° turn and will continue to target Zephyr. If in air long enough, it will just continue to spin around you until either it collides with another object in the environment, looses its homing (it'll just stop after a little while), or hits another player.

What I think is going on, is that since the missile doesn't actually collide with Turbulence as it does with Shattershield via the redirection only applies when it actually touches Mesa, I assume nothing is telling the missile to continue to trail off somewhere else, hence the continuation of it homing in on you (Zephyr)

So interestingly enough, this does not happen anymore; this is what I found:

Missiles completely ignore Turbulence now, making the overall issue much larger than it was previously.

After searching around for a bit, I found one or two short topics regarding this has been an issue as far as back as October, as well as Ramparts not being affected either since September as well (and as a Zephyr player, I'm surprised I didn't even notice this).

Topics:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/548115-another-issue-with-turbulence/?hl=zephyr#entry6157380

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/535134-zephyrs-turbulence-is-not-deflecting-grineer-rampart-projectiles/?hl=turbulence

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/537648-ramparts-are-not-affected-by-zephyrs-turbulence/?hl=turbulence

Most seasoned Zephyr players have known this has been ongoing issues for months on end, and now the fact it completely ignores Turbulence poses an even more of an issue. I understand its been hard for Zephyr bugs to get even remotely noticed and noted (i.e. Turbulence not giving hitscan weapons any sort of accuracy debuff for almost half a year) due to the small amount of us, but at least I might as well post this for now, and then later in the week post my much longer post of the few smaller, to the more significant bugs such as this that we've been having to deal with since her (might as well be) inception.

I do hope after U18 releases, some hotfix or what not in the future will fix this issue, (and with Turbulence as a whole being fixed).

With only having 15 armor, Turbulence absolutely must be functioning properly in order to even use her in higher level play. Having the highest Shield+Health pool in game or not; it doesn't mean anything if we can't even have her only defensive ability work as it was intended too (as we have been dealing with for over a year now with everything else in-between).

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

This is ratter important.

However,I have a question: OP, what were your stats, in particular power Range? Maybe the missile isn't ignoring turbulence. Perhaps its exploding on contact with it.

not the case tested with 235% range it still comes straight thru both radius to punch you in the gut directly.

• 2 weeks later...

This is ratter important.

However,I have a question: OP, what were your stats, in particular power Range? Maybe the missile isn't ignoring turbulence. Perhaps its exploding on contact with it.

My apologizes for such a late reply, but as Prideswrath has mentioned, regardless of Range, it will go through both inner and outer radii.

In my video, my test/control build was at the default 100% range. Only thing that I modified was Duration and additional Shields+Health.

After that recording, I did try to see if any difference was made if the Bombard fired within the outer and inner radii, but hence nothing changed.

This bug is still here as of 18.0.8.  I do hope they fix this soon so it can function like Shattershield again as it once was.

Not to mention the Slow Aura bug when using Jet Stream Mod on Zephyr, if you get slowed by the Slow Aura of an Arctic Eximus with turbulence on (with Jet Stream mod, tested with 175% power strenght http://bit.ly/1lBXfEu) you stay slowed till turbulence end, that's really annoying.

Detailed information of the bug:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/568459-u18-bug-report-megathread/page-29#entry6527075

Edited by xHiryuuGames

Not to mention the Slow Aura bug when using Jet Stream Mod on Zephyr, if you get slowed by the Slow Aura of an Arctic Eximus with turbulence on (with Jet Stream mod, tested with 175% power strenght http://bit.ly/1lBXfEu) you stay slowed till turbulence end, that's really annoying.

Detailed information of the bug:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/568459-u18-bug-report-megathread/page-29#entry6527075

Ahh, oh my! I wasn't aware of this bug actually. This is very interesting, as now after trying this out myself not to long ago, this is definitely troubling.

Thanks for the information anyway! I'm still planning/middle of working on an entire Topic of a collection of Zephyr bugs post Update 18.0.8, so I'll definitely include your topic in it as well!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

• 1 month later...

Just quickly updating that the bug, as of HOTFIX 18.3.1 + 18.3.1.1 has been fixed. It as well doesn't weirdly loop back to you either and properly deflects the missle(s); similarily to Mesa's Shattershield, like it once was.

It has not, however, been noted in the patch notes. So I'm just giving a heads up regarding this. I'll edit my original post as well.

The slow aura bug I am not sure if it has been addressed yet, so I'll go take a look into it later when I get the chance.

Thanks!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow