Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Sentinel Ideas -- Combined

Dubey

*Rolling Updates*

I noticed that we had a whole bunch of posts about sentinels and thought, wouldn't it make more sense to combine them all into one post for the devs to read...

So here it is.

Old Sentinel Fixes Proposed

- Wyrm

--- Add a delay to Crowd Control so it catches more than one enemy. [Dubey]

- Shade

--- It Cloaks Nyx whilst she Absorbs [Volt_Cruelerz]

--- Not cloaked by Loki [2ply]

- Dethcube

--- Laser colour based on energy colour. [LuxAngel7]

--- Laser sound reduced. Atm it's very loud. [TunaMayo]

-General

--- Sentinel's attract too much aggro. [Dubey]

--- Immunity to Leeches [Azure_Kyte]

or

--- Sentinel's roll when we do. [Drasiel]

--- After every extraction attempt in defence, sentinel's are regenerated if dead. [coolitic]

New Sentinel General Ideas

--- Display the sentinel's health and energy on your HUD [Chris9428]

--- The ability to summon / dismiss your sentinel [coolitic]

--- Optional ability to control sentinel abilities. [raiden1337]

--- --- Potentially via a smartphone app, or utilizing function keys.

--- Sentinel Commands. {Defend/Follow/Ceasefire/Fire at will} [Cerebrate Joe]

--- When we crouch, sentinel's fly behind our back so they are blocked from excessive damage. [Volt_Cruelerz]

or

--- When we block, the sentinel's fly behind our back so they are blocked from excessive damage.[Knysliukas]

New Sentinel Mod Ideas

--- Add warframe mods such as Thief's Wit and Enemy Sense to them. [Getzu]

--- A mod to 

New Sentinel Ideas

Name: Hunter [Dubey]

Weapon: Shotgun

Look: Big, heavy, menacing.

Ability 1: Predator: Cloaks self when near enemies, can attack enemies whilst invisible.

--- Upgrading it increases the range at which it cloaks itself. {2m/4m/6m/8m/10m}

Ability 2: Seeker: Extends a leash based on your warframe's position for hunting enemies.

--- Upgrading it increases the leash's range. {10m/15m/20m/25m/30m}

Short Description: It acts like an attack bot, hunting down enemies near you and shooting them. Simple.

Role: It supports class's that enjoy skirting around the edge of a battle.

Name: Medusa [Dubey]

Weapon: None

Look: Multiple Tentacles, venomous.

Ability 1: Lock: Locks a number of targets in stasis. Drains energy per second to do so.

--- Upgrading it increases the number of targets it can lock down, and increases the range. 

--- --- {1/2/2/3/3 Targets}, {4m/4m/8m/8m/12m}

Ability 2: Load: Regains energy per second.

--- Upgrading it increases the amount of energy regained per second. {1/2/3/4/5 energy}

Short Description: It holds a number of enemies in stasis whilst you deal with others.

Role: It supports those who like jumping into the thick of battle, and helps protect snipers from sneaking enemies.

Name: Vampyr [Dubey]

Look: Small, sleek with a toothy hole.

Ability 1: Lifelink: The sentinel heals your shields and health based on the damage it deals.

--- Upgrading it increases the percentage healed. {10%/20%/30%/40%/50%}

Ability 2: Drain: The sentinel targets an enemy and continuously drains hp from them. Goes through shields.

--- Upgrading it increases the hp drained. {5/10/15/20/25}

Short Description: It drains life from enemies and applies it to your shields and health to keep them full.

Role: It supports those who enjoy being in the thick of things and adds some tankiness to more fragile frames.

Name: Harvestor [Onite] {NotaCobra}

Look: Factory, gears and such.

Ability 1: Manufactory: Causes gained affinity to be converted into crafting materials.

--- Upgrading it increases the range of materials it can produce. High rarity has a lower chance of being produced.

Ability 2: Repository: Stores gained affinity and converts it into Fusion Cores.

--- Upgrading it increases the level of the fusion core produced.

Name: HoverTank [TheGameYouJustLostIt]

Weapon: Cannon

Look: miniature tank. {hovering just above the ground}

Ability 1: Cannon Attack: slow rate of fire, basic attack.

--- Upgrading it increases the range it engages at.

Ability 2: Rocket Barrage: Barrage's the furthest unit it can find with a slurry of homing rockets.

--- Upgrading it increases the number of rockets fired.

The Roller as a sentinel. [bakaGamer]

Edited by Dubey

I have a whole new idea for the Sentinels,
They are cool, but they could be a little bit more useful.

I was thinking about an App for Smartphones, in which you could control the Skills of your Sentinel.
For example: You choose when the Sentinel cloaks you instead of letting the Sentinel choose.
Also it can display the Health and Shield of your Sentinel.

I don't know if it's possible to develop this Feature, but i guess this would be a great idea 
to give a Sentinel a little bit more tactical purpose.

Someone had an excellent idea about a sentinel that would convert excess xp into mods/credits/mats at the end of the mission.

That was me.

Also what?

"

Name: Harvestor [NotaCobra]

Look: Factory, gears and such.

Ability 1: Manufactory: Causes gained affinity to be converted into crafting materials.

--- Upgrading it increases the range of materials it can produce. High rarity has a lower chance of being produced.

Ability 2: Repository: Stores gained affinity and converts it into Fusion Cores.

--- Upgrading it increases the level of the fusion core produced."

This was my idea...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55158-excess-exp-crucible-sentinel/#entry569740

Even though its been said they pets really need to aggro less unless they shoot at the target before the player does... its saddening to see greneer crap them selves over a floating cube than the warframe with a huge sword/axe/hammer, flying glave, going for their face...

Yeah, we really do need a subforum for sentinels. If you guys see any other sent posts I've missed, link me them here.

Post future sentinel ideas here so we keep this on top for the devs to find easily. =)