Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Melee Weapons Don't Have Charge Attacks

Soup2504

Basically what the title says... I've tried the jat kittag and the orthos prime so far, and neither of them have charge attacks IF you have a stance mod equipped. If you don't have stance mod equipped, they have charge attacks. However, my scindo prime and prisma skana have charge attacks with a stance equipped. As it turns out, if the stance mod you have equipped doesn't list a charge attack in its combos, that weapon will not have a charge attack with that stance.

please fix FIXED

EDIT TIME:

another thing i've noticed: if a stance mod has an "e hold e" combo, charge attacks will not work. it will do the hold combo if you charge. This is likely because of the fact that the game does 1 normal attack before activating a charge, thus reading your input as "e hold e" instead of just "hold e". However, if there is an "e e hold e" combo, the charge attack works. But apparently it IS possible to pull off charge attacks in stances with e hold e combos, IF you attack twice before charging. This seriously needs fixed.

Stances that dont have charge attacks:

Primal Fury

Exalted Blade

Stances that HAVE charge attacks, but have an e hold e combo interfering with them:

Eleventh Storm

Gaia's Tragedy

Burning Wasp

Blind Justice

Decisive Judgement

Vermillion Storm

Malicious Raptor

Atlantis Vulcan

Final Harbringer

Vulpine Mask

Hope I didn't miss any!

But I'm surprised that the re-introduction of charge attacks came with an entire weapon class missing charge attacks, a bunch of stances missing charge attacks, and a bunch of stances where a combo interferes with a charge attack.

EDIT AGAIN: They fixed most of the stances missing charge attacks! yay! but exalted blade and primal fury are still missing them, and e hold e combos STILL interfere with charge attacks

So, I edited the post and removed outdated stance information, and added more to the e hold e section.

Edited by Soup2504

Basically what the title says... I've tried the jat kittag and the orthos prime so far, and neither of them have charge attacks IF you have a stance mod equipped. If you don't have stance mod equipped, they have charge attacks. However, my scindo prime and prisma skana have charge attacks with a stance equipped. As it turns out, if the stance mod you have equipped doesn't list a charge attack in its combos, that weapon will not have a charge attack with that stance.

please fix

You beat me to it. I hope that this is a bug, and not intentional. 

Also. As far as charge attacks go. Mios was the first to get it back. Originally I did a small spin (so i could hit near by enemis and protect myself as it charged.) Now it has been reduced to on a vulnerable waiting period before the melee equipped charge attack ensues. This makes high damage and low armor frames (my favourite) a lot harder to with my favourite weapon. The mios.

]\'[

it is the weapon stance. Orthos for example has an Hold E combo. If I hold E, this combo is induced. If you remove the stance, charge attacks work.

It's not always the stance, there is a possibility that some weapons may not have a charge attack at all. I don't have all the melee weapons, but I can confirm that the Dex Dakra swords don't have a charge attack with and without a stance.

Edited by NekroArts

Odds are the weapon stance is interfering with the charge attacks. I was testing my Orthos Prime with Bleeding Willow on and was not able to perform charge attack, but after taking it off I was able to. 

This is true and kinda what I implied. But I do want to point out that any "hold e" combos in the stance is not the only thing that affects a weapon not being able to charge attack. A weapon needs a charge attack listed in its stance for charges to work.

I use shattering storm on my jat kittag. There is no combo anywhere in it that involves holding e. There is also no charge attack listed in the combos, like some stances have. So we can tell right there that any hold e combo in the stance would not interfere with the jat charge attack, because there simply aren't any of those combos in the stance. However, with this stance equipped, the jat kittag CANNOT charge attack at all. This is because there is no charge attack listed in the stance. Take the stance off, it has a charge attack.

Wrong topic entirely, however in the case of nikana, you CAN use charge attacks by executing a charge attack after the hold E branch(hit E twice then hold instead of press and hold).

huh. I just tested this out on a bunch of other weapon stances (a stance with with charge attacks listed, and an e hold e combo interfering, of course) and it does indeed work. It seems like the intention was to have charge attacks work by just holding e, though, as the stances (that have charge attacks listed, of course) simply say "hold e" for the charge attacks. So I feel like this "hit e twice, then charge, and THEN the charge will happen" isn't intentional, and obviously still needs fixed. Along with a lot of stances not having charge attacks at all.... and... dual swords not having a charge attack with AND without stances....

de please

Edited by Soup2504

At this point I'd rather they'd just bound charge attacks to another key entirely(R, for example) and keep charge attacks to melee only mode. Not like allowing people to use them while shooting does anything productive, nor does it promote thoughtful gameplay-- believe me I loved galatine charge spamming back in melee 1.0 but it's no better than equipping orthos prime and mashing E until the room's dead. I'm not saying keeping it melee only will solve the "mash to victory" mentality of melee, but it may just alleviate some of the nonsense associated with it.

I really think they should change all the combos with the "hold e" or "pause e" mechanic with only combos implying "RMB + e", "Down + e" or "Up + e"...

What this solves ? First, no more interference with Charge  (yay :) !); second, this makes all combos evenly possible with all the melee weapons (some attack so fast the "hold e" is impossible, and "pause e" can be very tricky :/ ...).

But they need to fix the "Down + e" issue that appeared with U18 to begin with...

EDIT : And make Charge useable with Stances. It does not make any sense to have to give up a stance with useful combos only to get the charge available. Especially when most of the combos deal way more damage than the Charge attack due to the charge time and the poor charge multiplier :'( ...

Edited by Arkhenbarn