Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U18Megaspoiler-Do Not Read If You Haven't Done The Second Dream]-Vor...

Ludovsky

... the Second Dream has me thinking a lot about him lately.

The Lotus was scared a lot by Vor putting his Ascaris on the "Tenno" at the start of the game.
But as we found out in the Second Dream.... the Tenno was never physically at risk.

So for a moment I wondered... why such urgency from the Lotus? Sure a Grineer-controlled Warframe would have been a -most- dangerous contraption for the Grineers to get... but the Tenno would still be on the Moon.

Then I realized one thing.
Vor -knew- that the Tenno was indeed the true "divine light" for which the Warframe was just the "focusing lense". But he also assumed that the Tenno was -inside- the suit. However, that was still a scary close guess.
But the real threat of his Ascaris was never him getting control of a Warframe.

It was that he was himself about to re-enact Transferance. He only half-knew Orokin lore.... but enough to reproduce some of the tech as seen in his pistol. Enough to get half an inkling of what a Tenno's power is(not their Warframe's, which is just a physical component).

And without realizing it, he was about to reproduce Orokin transferance tech and actually discover the true mind of the Tenno.

Vor was wrong all along in assuming the Tennos were inside the Warframe and that this body just had to be brought back alive to uncover its secret. His knowledge was the kind of half-knowledge one could get from examining a tech, old barely decipherable lore and gleans only fragment of secrets.

But with his Ascaris, without ever realizing it, he was just about to find the -real- truth of the Tennos. That their bodies are Elsewhere.
And he was the kind of Grineer that was just crafty enough that had the Lotus had let him, he would have got there.

In the end, the Lotus was not afraid of losing a single Tenno.
She was afraid she would lose -all- of them to Vor uncovering the Truth.
And until the Second Dream, this is what made Vor the most dangerous threat the Tennos ever encountered, without them ever realizing it. 
Even Alad V who likely actually re-enacted Transferance tech with his Zanuka project never realized what he himself might have stumbled upon. His best guess had always just been that something was "wrong" with the Tennos' bodies yet he never even guessed at the truth.

Meanwhile, Vor had stumbled upon it since the very start but had yet to just fully realizes the extent of it.

Edited by Ludovsky

One whole in your theory here. The ascaris was noted as Corpus tech in some of the dialogue for starter quest iirc.

Correction: Darvo simply remarked that it was similar to tech that Corpus use on their proxies. Similar enough that he had an idea of how to counter it. It was still Vor's invention.

Correction: Darvo simply remarked that it was similar to tech that Corpus use on their proxies. Similar enough that he had an idea of how to counter it. It was still Vor's invention.

Adding to that, Vor's invention may have been inspired by Corpus technology, since the Corpus are confirmed to have a fascination for the Orokin and their Technology. Vor may have studied some of their tech before making his own based off of what he knew about the void and Orokin.

Good one mate, just like his body, he had half-knowledge of the things xD

But just enough to be -truly- dangerous!

I mean, Alad V likely reproduced Transferance(with how he remote controls Zanukah, a creation made out of Warframe parts) and never realized that is what Tennos are doing himself and that it could be done on a Warframe.

Vor was about to do that -AND- tap into an actual Tenno mind while doing it. And that's where the danger had been all along. Not his manipulation of the body.... but his ability to find the mind. 

And with that, more than likely where the -true- bodies are.

Edited by Ludovsky

but now vor is part of the void too, shouldnt he know things about and in the void? or now atn least have other thoughts on his mind?

Personally, my take is that whatever quest he had before his "Ascension" is now meaningless to him in (in his eyes) Ascended form.

He seem to me as the kind of person who's now -that- drunk on Void energy or whatever he's now made out of. Something tells me even the Orokin wouldn't have expected something like his corrupted self to come to be. He's likely a "fluke" of his own manipulation of the Janus key, his perceptions now all too warped by his "religious epiphany" to care about any of his older concerns anymore beyond defending "His" Void.

Personally, my take is that whatever quest he had before his "Ascension" is now meaningless to him in (in his eyes) Ascended form.

He seem to me as the kind of person who's now -that- drunk on Void energy or whatever he's now made out of. Something tells me even the Orokin wouldn't have expected something like his corrupted self to come to be. He's likely a "fluke" of his own manipulation of the Janus key, his perceptions now all too warped by his "religious epiphany" to care about any of his older concerns anymore beyond defending "His" Void.

However, the Sorite system along with some various trailer scenes imply that he still very much has some vested interest outside of the void. We still wage campaigns against him post "Ascension" which means that he still seems to have some influence in the Grineer. In addition, a trailer scene shows a group of Grineer bowing before him in his Void form.