Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attacks. Issues And Feedback.

Burnthesteak87

Noticed different things.

1) First of all on some weapons to start correctly a Charged Attack you should be in Melee Only, and the command sequence (Hold E) doesn't work properly.
For some weapon to start a Charge Attack is necessary starting a base melee first (so E, Hold E).
This doesn't apply to Glaive Weapons since the Throw Attack and Animation have been replaced. You can Charge Attack even if not in Melee Only.

2) You can actuallly Parry (Holding RightMouseButton) and Slide while Charging. That's clever.

3) Some weapon didn't receive its own Charge Attack, like Ninkondi.

4) Exalted Blade has not a proper Charge Attack. Can't say for Hysteria. Just to note it.

5) An important question is: Why can't we control how and when to Discharge a Charged Attack? (Similar to how Ichor's old Charge Attack was working)
At the moment the Charge lasts some second and then it Discharges automatically. The fact we can't control it, makes things harder to manage and often will result in a miss or a bad landed hit.

5b) Also Dischargin a Charge Attack before its charge time results in no action, neither a normal melee attack or a Charge attack with any multiplyer.

6) Toying with Charge attack I noticed that Lacero/Mios can charge attack even when not in Melee Only.

Also every weapon has 2 different charge attacks, always triggered with the same command, the only difference is each one is executed on the basis of which foot you have forward.
With right foot forward it execute a deep stab, With the left foot forward it execute a stylish multihit cut.
In melee only it works at the same manner, it makes different hook attacks on the basis of which foot is forward.

IDEAS:

I think they could add some feature to:

1) Make it scale greatly more with Melee Combo Counter or...
2) ...consume it all to proc an effect (ala Sindacate Aoe, some Health Orb or Energy generation abilities, ...)
3) Popping out a shell blocking every projectile when Charging.
4) What about Charged Attacks also when in mid-air?
Edited by Burnthesteak87

I think they could add some feature to:
1) Make it scale greatly more with Melee Combo Counter or...
2) ...consume it all to proc an effect (ala Sindacate Aoe, some Health Orb or Energy generation abilities, ...)
3) Popping out a shell blocking every projectile when Charging.

It's plenty of nice ideas to fit in.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

The way the original charge attacks worked, I think, was better than what we have now.  Back then, you could hold the charge for as long as you wanted and strike at desired moments.  There was also a moving gauge to show if and when you were fully charged.

I clearly remember that you couldn't discharge whenever you wanted, it was just an Ichor's feature/issue.

The way the original charge attacks worked, I think, was better than what we have now. Back then, you could hold the charge for as long as you wanted and strike at desired moments. There was also a moving gauge to show if and when you were fully charged.

There was no gauge, and only a very, very few weapons had a hold charge feature. The old system was still better, however - much more fluid than what we have now.

Toying with Charge attack I noticed that Lacero/Mios can charge attack even when not in Melee Only.

Also it has 2 different charge attacks, always triggered with the same command, the only difference is each one is executed on the basis of which foot you have forward.

With right foot forward it execute a deep stab, With the left foot forward it execute a stylish multihit cut.

In melee only it works at the same manner, it makes different hook attacks on the basis of which foot is forward.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

• 2 weeks later...