Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 Game Breaking Bug: Invulnerable Eximus

aerosoul1337

U18 bug:

I used to 1 shot those GUARDIAN eximus with the same weapon, and in this video those corpus are only level 20...

Please try to watch in high resolution:

Another try and I got some conclusion:

Guardian Eximus with proto shield such as Corpus Tech, Nullifier, Sniper Crewman, their shields have high damage resistance against Corrosive and Heat damage.
But it's bugged now, they take no damage from Corrosive, Heat and Puncture at all.

My atomos is well modded, and I keep it Corrosive/Heat against all factions because I can kill everything fast enough.

And I don't want to use magnetic/toxic damage even in a corpus map because it takes forever to kill New Loka's Ancient eximus platoon. And Oxium Osprey have high Ferrite armor actually.

But after U18, if an enemy unit with proto shield spawn as a GUARDIAN eximus, they are immune to Corrosive/Heat damage.

And of course I bring Corrosive/Heat set to void runs, but Corrupted Nullifier Eximus(guardian version) are completely immune to those damage type as well.

And I think there are other damage type related bugs introduced by U18.

Edit:

I just tried puncture damage, it is bugged too.

What I used is rhino's iron shrapnel, and I have like 10k health of iron skin.

10k puncture but deal 0 damage.

So Proto Shield is bugged, it has no damage resistance cap.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Are we absolutely sure that fire and corrosive used to work against proto-shield guardian eximus units before U18?

Proto-shield has 50% resist to fire and corrosion, and Guardians have another stacked 50% resistance to all elements, so that much actually seems working as designed. Once you get through the shield they take ordinary damage.

-----------------------------------------

Tested against sniper crewman eximus

* chaining continuous weapons

* single target continuous weapons

* projectile weapons

* warframe abilities (ember)

All ineffective against guardians when using fire,  or corrosive, or fire+corrosive damage types.

Tested physical weapon with fire as a 4th damage type (mk1braton+fire), fire aspect was not effective.

Tested corpus crewmen eximus and moa eximus, all working fine. Initial report seems accurate, bug affects enemies with a base "proto shield" health type.

Ember also ineffective even after casting Accelerant, << This seems like a bug, order of operations problem with damage modifiers?

Edited by Momaw

Are we absolutely sure that fire and corrosive used to work against proto-shield guardian eximus units before U18?

Proto-shield has 50% resist to fire and corrosion, and Guardians have another stacked 50% resistance to all elements, so that much actually seems working as designed. Once you get through the shield they take ordinary damage.

I am 100% sure.

Because I use my Corrosive Heat combo Atomos against all factions (and T4S solo too).

Even proto shield has high resistance against those two damage type.

I still could kill Guardian Eximus really fast. (compared to armor scaling, their low health and the 75% reduction are not big deal)

No enemy ever had 100% resistance against any type of damage (even Eximus's resistance is capped at about 75%).

If damage resistance is NOT capped and will be added by 50% as some eximus forms...

all cloned flesh grineer eximus will be immune to gas damage (but they are not), Alloy armor eximus will be immune to Slash, Electricity and Magnetic (but they are not). And most infested Eximus will be immune to Radiation and Viral damage (but they are not).

Edited by aerosoul1337

I am 100% sure.

Because I use my Corrosive Heat combo Atomos against all factions (and T4S solo too).

Even proto shield has high resistance against those two damage type.

I still could kill Guardian Eximus really fast. (compared to armor scaling, their low health and the 75% reduction are not big deal)

No enemy ever had 100% resistance against any type of damage (even Eximus's resistance is capped at about 75%).

If damage resistance is NOT capped and will be added by 50% as some eximus forms...

all cloned flesh grineer eximus will be immune to gas damage (but they are not), Alloy armor eximus will be immune to Slash, Electricity and Magnetic (but they are not). And most infested Eximus will be immune to Radiation and Viral damage (but they are not).

Then, what changed is resistance stacking.  Because 50% damage resist on the proto shield plus 50% damage resist for being a Guardian eximus is pretty clearly 100% damage resist.  From your experience it sounds like what it used to do is reduce incoming damage by half, and then by half again, in two different operations rather than adding the two resist values together. It's up for DE to say whether this change was deliberate or not, though since it's not in the patch notes I think it's more likely not intended.

Then, what changed is resistance stacking.  Because 50% damage resist on the proto shield plus 50% damage resist for being a Guardian eximus is pretty clearly 100% damage resist.  From your experience it sounds like what it used to do is reduce incoming damage by half, and then by half again, in two different operations rather than adding the two resist values together. It's up for DE to say whether this change was deliberate or not, though since it's not in the patch notes I think it's more likely not intended.

This is absolutely a bug.

If they change this Stack rule, then...

Charger's Infested health has 50% resistance against radiation and viral.

All eximus of Charger have 50% more resistance.

But I still can kill them with Radiation + Viral weapon.

Guardian Eximus' Proto Shield is bugged.

Having 100% damage resistance to 3 damage type is just so wrong.

Edited by aerosoul1337

BUMP.

C'mon can we have this fixed please?

Those enemies are immune to puncture, heat and corrosive damage which are the most important damage type for most void missions.

I did encounter this issue when I had to kill enemies(defense, interception and extermination), and I had to give up and quit.

Infected Toxin Healers are immune to Gas Damage, is that normal, or part of this bug too?

The aura of Toxic ancient provides high resistance against poison and gas damage.

And Toxic ancient itself are immune to poison and gas proc. -> This is correct, but they are NOT immune to poison and gas damage.

But now Toxic auras stack and the resistance has no cap so that multiple aura stack and effected enemies became immune to poison and gas damage completely.

2 stacks of aura results in 100% damage resistance. -> This seems bugged.

Edited by aerosoul1337

I think there are some resistance uncap bugs.

I can even see a lot of 0 damage when I use Mag's Shield Polarize against Corpus Eximus units.

No enemy unit is supposed to have 100% Magnetic resistance, and... they are Corpus which is the only faction that magnetic damage is useful to use against.

After Corrosive, Heat and Puncture, now some Corpus exmius are even immune to Magnetic damage? This doesn't make sense :/

Edited by aerosoul1337

Pure radiation + viral damage against Parasitic Charge eximus:
50% innate resistance + 50% resistance (from Parasitic upgrade) against radiation and viral = flat 100, but capped at 75% resistance.

So does cloned flesh + eximus resistance upgrade (which is NOT immune to gas damage).

Why the hell is guardian eximus' proto shield is immune to puncture, corrosive and heat damage... remain unfixed ? (A bug introduced from U18)

I installed my focus on my atomos :C

Edited by aerosoul1337

Pure radiation + viral damage against Parasitic Charge eximus:

50% innate resistance + 50% Parasitic resistance against radiation and viral = flat 100, but capped at 75% resistance.

So does cloned flesh + eximus resistance (which is NOT immune to gas damage).

Why the hell is guardian eximus' proto shield is immune to puncture, corrosive and heat damage... remain unfixed ? (A bug introduced from U18)

I installed my focus on my atomos :C

Toxin Healers are immune to Gas Damage though.

Toxin Healers are immune to Gas Damage though.

They are not directly immune to gas damage. They're only immune to toxic proc (and gas since it does toxic dot).

But their aura resistance against toxic and gas damage stacks.

2 Toxic ancients can provide AoE toxic and gas damage immunity. This is possibly a damage resistance cap bug too.

Because I used to be able kill tons of infested with syndicate Truth AoE gas damage even if there are multiple Toxic ancients nearby.

• 4 weeks later...

I've also encountered immune enemies.. but I was able to kill them after a few minutes of waiting... (even happened in single player)

I had an immune Ancient Eximus in a friends game,

and an immune Corpus Eximus in a single player Excavation which I've marked and were later able to kill as he got teleported to me.

I thought this to be some weird bug.. good (or bad) to see that you've found means to reproduce it..

Yet I only had this issue twice.. While either using Corrosive+Blast or Blast+Radiation+Viral so they shouldn't be immune in any case..

Edited by ShiroiTora

I dont know if it is fixed too...

Sometimes in DSD on Eris there spawned Paracyte Eximus which had huge dmg resitance.

Example:
I had Tonkor and the war. On a normal paracyte Eximus- Tonkor: 30k dmg-War:600 dmg
but then spawned an abnormal one:
Tonkor 450 dmg and War 20~50dmg. And it changes sometimes: Some Eximus got 1200dmg- some got 450 dmg- some 150 dmg. But just the Paracyte one. I know they have dmg resistance against many Damage Types. But the dmg Resitance should be the same in the same enemy level, right?

I dont know if they spawn with the  resistance or they just getting it though some bugs... who knows...
I just saw them when play speed runs. They survive till the end and i need to fight them for a long time.

It did not affect every single one Paracyte. Just a few. But it is annoying.