Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cjtea Workshop Wips

(PSN)Balwon

The D3dpixel workshop

Here you'll find all my warframe workshop wips, links to the contest alt helmet I made, and links to my workshop items on steam!

First off, here's the link to Ecktor (aka skutter) my alt excalibur helmet in the steam work shop and the wip pages

Steam store

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566755408

Warframe Wips Alt helm

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/561267-wip-excalibur-helm-skutter/

Polycount Wip Alt helm

http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2387877#Comment_2387877

I'll also be adding page links in here for easier navigation of this wip thread in the future :)

Edited by (PS4)Balwon

This will be a smaller syandana. Thinking it will fall just below the characters pelvic area. The width should sit nicely between the sholder blades, if not just over them.

The syandana itself is almost an inbetween, full infestation and its original form.

Ok, so ill do a tester and post it too, but what do you guys think about moving the cloth bits so they appear to come out of the pod like pieces up higher, and taking the bulb feeler bits and placing them where the cloth was?

*Ignore all that* completely breaks the flow imo, so onward with this latest design :)

Edited by (PS4)Balwon

Alaikit. You've certainly got the infested style down. The shape of the metal bit looks like it's meant to be rigid though (possibly cause it's paneled and well, metallic all around). Can't imagine it being very believable unless they only fold at the segments.

Alaikit. You've certainly got the infested style down. The shape of the metal bit looks like it's meant to be rigid though (possibly cause it's paneled and well, metallic all around). Can't imagine it being very believable unless they only fold at the segments.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it! The intention was to give it a thin rubber feel, similar to batman kinda feel. Able to hold rigid shapes in the design, but felxible. Though after thinking about it yesterday, and with the addition of your comment, I think it may be best to go with the fin/wing look similar to the other that is in-game.

Perhaps i could loose the tongue looking bits that line the shape and go with a torn look...like a ripped "skin". Make it all bumpy and nasty. I'm almost always open to suggestions.:) thanks again

Yeah, the way you have it broken up like panels with lights doesn't sell the "rubber" look as-is. I don't think it necessarily has to be changed to skin, but something that has a more flexible feel to it would sell it better. I do like that this material contrasts the infested bits though, so personally I'd probably go with some sort of ribbed rubber/cloth kind of look, with a mainly vertical flow to the details rather than horizontal.

Yeah, the way you have it broken up like panels with lights doesn't sell the "rubber" look as-is. I don't think it necessarily has to be changed to skin, but something that has a more flexible feel to it would sell it better. I do like that this material contrasts the infested bits though, so personally I'd probably go with some sort of ribbed rubber/cloth kind of look, with a mainly vertical flow to the details rather than horizontal.

Ok, I'll work up one of those too. Maybe I can translate what I'm seeing in my brain mind for this too. Ribbed rubber look idea has spawned a few neat ideas :) as always, thanks for the feedback!

p2_zpsiasj5xz8.jpg
p1_zpsvszdyhhg.jpg

I'm really digging the ribbed look and I can easily use the design style to blend into the wedge connector, however, I'm leaning towards the torn bit. Perhaps i can save the ribbed look for another...could even go so far as to try combining the 2 hmmm, might be neat.

Edited by (PS4)Balwon