Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Communication Overlay Heads Are Enormous

DoomFruit

Since U18, the size of the "talking head" overlays (eg. Lotus, Ordis) which play when receiving a transmission has increased massively, blocking out even more of the gameplay than they used to. There also doesn't appear to be any kind of option to reduce the size.

I agree, it feels like every update they get bigger and bigger.

I would like it if there was a slider to control their size, so players can make it how they need it.

Personally, for example, I have heard everything Lotus has to say, in every mission type. Unless it is vital to the story, a quest, or something out of the oridinary, I would like to not only reduce the size of Lotus's informatory transmissions but remove them entirely. Same for Ordis. Ordis's transmissions inside the liset are so common and he is so large he is actually interrupting me from doing tasks around my ship.

Give the player these controls in Audio, so we can each make it how we desire it.

I agree, it feels like every update they get bigger and bigger.

I would like it if there was a slider to control their size, so players can make it how they need it.

Personally, for example, I have heard everything Lotus has to say, in every mission type. Unless it is vital to the story, a quest, or something out of the oridinary, I would like to not only reduce the size of Lotus's informatory transmissions but remove them entirely. Same for Ordis. Ordis's transmissions inside the liset are so common and he is so large he is actually interrupting me from doing tasks around my ship.

Give the player these controls in Audio, so we can each make it how we desire it.

Bigger & bigger...  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That'd be cool to choose Lotus & Ordis lines as options because hey, if they can do the same for "an element from the second dream quest", they can add the option for the Lotus & Ordis too, I guess!

(Not that I'm fed up of hearing "Stay away from the fire" or "Operator, I've been counting stars.All accounted for." but I know some people who can't handle these repetitive lines anymore)

Just came here to note my annoyance about the issue, since the topic was linked in the patch notes.

I never checked my UI scale slider, and they are definitely bigger. Big enough to block out even more stuff.

However...

what I find even more annoying than the increased image size, is the lack of black background behind the subtitles. It gives the increased image another "bleeding randomly into my vision" feel which I find increasingly annoying. In case anyone thought that is a good idea for immersion? It's not.

If you want to emulate how the "environment" speaks to us directly, for immersion's sake, then we should be given OPTIONS to customize HOW we want this immersion to take place. At the very least, it's our head / mind that these images are projected into. Right?