Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Excavation Missions (Lv. 20~30) Damage Values

Kobi_Blade

Grineer damage values on Excavation Missions between levels 20~30 are off the charts.

They hit harder than Void T4, even high rank players (15~20) get killed in seconds, the excavators don't last 1 second after deployed.

Playing this missions solo and/or without a frost to protect everyone, it's impossible.

Let's do some quick check here. In which planet are you doing your excavation on?

This happens in every excavation mission on the levels 20~30 agaisnt grineer.

I had to call help on recruit, from players rank 15 to 20, and we still got rekted, one of them had to go get frost, in order for us to be able to complete the mission.

The first excavator that spawned, was destroyed in less than a second, we didn't even had time to defend.

Most recently this happened on the Phobos Alert.

Edited by JoseSnake

I agree, today was vauban chassis alert with some grineers around those levels. Its just like OP said, the extractor gets minced in seconds, and they DO hit as hard or harder than T4. Its mainly due to how crammed enemy groups get but when they just fire at you you just MELT.

This was harder to solo than T4, no question about it. But mainly just due to how fragile the extractor is. In the end it was doable with some energy restores and spamming volt shield like no tomorrow and having 2 other guys to clear stuff up. still for those levels, or for alert for something like vauban part? that's bit too merciless IMO.

I'm having this problem with the first excavation mission for the limbo theorem (Earth, 22-30 iirc).

We're able to pinpoint the problem to the Elite Frontier Lancer. Any other enemy does a reasonable damage for the mission lvl, EXCEPT the Elite Frontier Lancer.

This is not a problem with the number of enemies, just tried again on the recent Mag Helmet Alert, and the problem is still there.

I can tank 3x more enemies Void T4 (Lv 80), than I can agaisnt those Grineer Excavation (20~30).

A single Gunner right from the beginning, disabled my shields (Over 800) with less than 3 hits.

It's really their DMG that is not normal.

Edited by JoseSnake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grineer excavations are an absolute pain, the poor excavator can't stand 3 seconds before getting exploded to oblivion.
I'm stuck at Limbo's helmet excavation, I can't stand my ground with any of my potatoed warframes, they're too strong!
Please don't tell me this is only doable with Frost...

I maybe noticed it wrongly but it seems that defense excavator's HP doesn't seem to scale? while other defense (pods) seems to scale accordingly.

Could be, I tried a 26-31 lv excavation against Corpus and no problem at all, the excavator took a solid good time before being destroyed.

Maybe it's because the mission it's on Earth, being a really low level planet, the pods behave like a 1-5 lv mission being weak overall, but this is not a 1-5 excavation mission against 1-5 enemies, we have to stand against 22-30 lv grineer. Hell, I was rushing in melee like a madman against the Corpus, Gray Foxing my way in and out of them, I could never hope to do that against the grineer in the quest, something's off.

I can confirm this,I did a syndicate mission with that level range and it was insane how much damage we took. We were able to finish the mission, but barely. This was tougher than T4 void missions. My friend was laughing at me when I told him I couldn't finish the quest, but when he came to help, he wasn't laughing anymore. Dmg tables are out of whack for sure.

I can also confirm that the Elite Lancers are way too insane for the level range presented by these missions, it was next to impossible to collect the excavation parts of the Limbo quests, we managed to have Kubrows tank half of the enemies on the Earth one but I am now completely stuck on Phobos because the excavator dies instantly preventing any sort of progress. Would be apprecaited if the damage of enemies could be tweaked here, or the excavator's given the defense scaling treatment, especially considering the power cell shield refill mechanic, which is basically worthless here.

Editting because the issue has been resolved, and the damage scaling seems to have been fixed. Just in case someone comes back to read this and doesn't see the patch notes. lol

Edited by Guest

Problem is still there (patch 18.4.3), went to do Nitain Alert on Phobos, whole squad killed in seconds.

Can confirm, there were literally dozens of spawns within seconds, and they kept coming, continuously on the FIRST excavator.  It was quite insane, without a constant frost or limbo i'd wager impossible.  Possibly one or two other frames can kill fast enough but I doubt it, they destroy it in a second or two at most without protection.