Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Request] Lucerne -- Slow-Firing (Approx 450 Rpm), Hard-Hitting Automatic Rifle

Vaskadar

What I'd like to see is a sort of small magazine capacity automatic/assault rifle that can hit fairly heavily, but is automatic, fires faster than Latron, slower than Braton Vandal.

Hopefully in the same vein as the old M-14E2 Automatic Rifles. Early M-14E2 rifles had a detachable 20-round box magazine, select fire, and were chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (.308), and could hit like a truck because of that high-powered round.

It isn't the most imaginative rifle, but it's a niche that should be filled. I chose the name Lucerne because there was a hammer of the same name that had a good amount of reach, had multiple uses, and could pierce armor plate with one of the spiked ends.

Weapon Type

-Rifle

Base Damage: 30

Base Firing Rate: 7.5

Accuracy: 24.2

Base Magazine Size: 20

Base Reserve Ammunition: 540

Base Reload Speed: 2.8s

Base Critical Chance: 7.5%

Base Critical Damage: 150%

Stun Chance: 15%

Following image is high-resolution, but may be slightly out of focus. This is the first iteration of my design.

eotzDIE.jpg

Edited by Vaskadar

Details could be nitpicked forever, but I agree we're missing the AK-47. We need a heavy automatic that can do single shots for good medium-long, but not long-long, range headshots. The devs might not like that though. They nerfed the Gorgon's cone of fire recovery for being able to do sustained fire as well as tap off headshots IIRC.

I also think we're missing a pump shotgun. The HEK is more of a four barrel break action, and the STRUN/Boar are more so semi-autos. I would like a shotgun with a large magazine like the BOAR, but a slow fire rate and medium damage, somewhere between the HEK and STRUN. Trade off being that it reloads one shell at a time, so you could potentially be very powerful at a full magazine but more likely you'll be frantically reloading a few shells, firing, reloading a few, firing, and so on. I really enjoyed that in Defiance and lots of first person shooters as well.

Strun's still a pump. Fires slower than the Hek, but I digress a little. A true semi-auto energy shotgun would be nice as well.

A true intermediate automatic rifle would be good though... something this game lacks, really.

Edited by Vaskadar

Main disadvantages

Lower DPS than fast-firing rifles, higher per-shot recoil, and relatively smaller magazine which means more time spent reloading.

Main advantages

Hard-hitting and efficient ammo economy, decent base stun chance. Accurate in single-shot.

Edited by Vaskadar

I've posted something similar to this, although mine is a bit higher damage, closer range. Also, I'm assembling a thread that compiles every high quality weapon suggestion on this forum (that I could find) mind if I use yours?

Here is my "Maul"

"Maul" Battle Rifle, a powerful, automatic weapon that can shred through enemies at close and long range, however, at long range this weapon must be burst fired due to its unmanageable recoil in full auto. (Recoil would be greater than the Grakata, 1.3 to 1.5X)

Base Damage: 35

Base Firing Rate: 7.4

Accuracy: Medium to low, I have no idea what these numbers are supposed to mean (Snipetron has lower accuracy than Grakata?)

Base Magazine Size: 20

Base Ammo Pool: 200

Base Reload Speed: 3.2 s

Base Critical Chance: 3%

Base Critical Damage: 200%

Edited by Nuntium

Both suggested weapons would be superior to Latron purely due to dps.

Latron needs a buff overall, but making automatic weapons with better dps than Latron, while having the same accuracy isn't really thinking balance.

I think what we really need is a stat redesign of semi auto rifles.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Latron needs a buff overall, but making automatic weapons with better dps than Latron, while having the same accuracy isn't really thinking balance.

Mine is supposed to be higher DPS than most rifles, because it is very hard to control and pretty inaccurate. 

Semi-autos just need a higher crit chance. The Latron already has very justifiable damage. The problem is that the Braton mk2 raised the DPS floor quite a bit for all the weaponry.

Mine is supposed to be higher DPS than most rifles, because it is very hard to control and pretty inaccurate. 

A bigger recoil than what Latron has would render a higher rate of fire weapon pretty useless in automatic mode. Crosshair would travel half the screen upwards in several shots.

Current state of automatic rifles is pretty balanced and we've yet to see how the corpus lmg performs.

Frankly anything with damage close to the damage of Latron and higher fire rate would render Latron inferior. Low accuracy/high recoil is a design no no for automatic guns in fast paced games where you need to be able to quickly switch between targets.

Semi-autos just need a higher crit chance. The Latron already has very justifiable damage. The problem is that the Braton mk2 raised the DPS floor quite a bit for all the weaponry.

Actually I'd like to see it get default armor penetration so that it stands out from a similar sidearm, Lex, which to me is actually better than Latron.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Latron is okay but you guys know my "the more content the better in a beta" way if thinking.

Agreed, we need a hard hitting combat rifle along the line of an M14 only more... Futuristic.

Something along this (designwise) line, maybe?

default-33943-5e6d36e8-sz850x637-animate

Edited by Kasamoto

Latron is okay but you guys know my "the more content the better in a beta" way if thinking.

Agreed, we need a hard hitting combat rifle along the line of an M14 only more... Futuristic.

Something along this (designwise) line, maybe?

Don't be silly, that has a magazine, and a grip you could actually fit your hand around!

Edited by Nuntium

Nah, not even. Gorgon's a general purpose machine gun... I'm asking for an automatic battle rifle.

Besides, in closed beta, couldn't you get the thing to... I dunno, ridiculous magazine sizes? I remember having my Gorgon sitting at 250+ rounds in a mag, with 1000+ rounds in reserve. It was pretty absurd.

Edited by Vaskadar

One word: Lex.

I hated leveling that thing up. Just wasn't 'fun' to fire and requires that you be extremely precise whereas other weapons don't.

Lex is a sidearm and a slow-firing pistol, so.... your point is moot.

Also: Gungnir wouldn't be a bad name for a sniper.

Edited by Vaskadar

Well, Mjölnir wouldn't be too weird for a rifle I guess.

I mean, Mass Effect has the Mattock.

Still, lower RoF please.

Something in the 3-5 range.

Higher damage and crit chance to cover for it.

Something like... 42 accuracy (do the numbers even mean anything?).

Anyhow, I support the cause.

The burstron would sound right if it wasn't for the whole burst-shot thing.