Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Eclipse/total Eclipse Damage Buff/resistance Bug

Lt.Nagae

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Who Mirage
What Eclipse ability and Total Eclipse Augment not giving apropriate buffs
Where Anywhere

CAN YOU REPRODUCE THE BUG? Y

REPRODUCTION STEPS: How did you come upon this bug, what are the steps to recreate it?
1.Equip Mirage
2.Equip Total Eclipse
3.Activate Eclipse

As Shown in image Below, i'm running a Mirage with:

VOsmRaU.jpg

Which results on this abilities stats:

OZ5Ibaz.jpg

Test Conditions

Using as target for tests a Crawler level 65.
Lanka as Weapon, with no mods and full charged.

n0TxiRO.jpg

Critical hits will be rejected.
Series of 10 Shots without Eclipse and 10 Shots with Eclipse
As crawler doesn't have Resistance or Weakness to Eletricity and no armor, should display just the raw damage
Place of tests : Simulacrum

But is resulting in This:

Eclipsed Deactivated

wFumj7p.jpg

All Shots Resulted in 524 damage, which is the damage of a Full charge, as shown on Simulacrum:

Eclipsed Activated

Reference: Eclipse without any kind of mod

cSphUBk.jpg

With 246% Strength

mkc3Pzl.jpg

Eclipse damage modifier goes by this equation:

(1 + 2 * (Power Strength/100) )* Damage = Total damage

using results in

(1 + 2 * 2.46) * 524 = 3102.08

All Shots resulted in 1063 damage, which by the Equation:

(1 + 2 * 0.515) * 524 = 1063

So, the game is considering as was running with 51% Power strength

Same thing happens with Darkness version, which should have 95% damage reduction, is actually giving 21%

This behavior is replicated on allies when using Total Eclipse, but with a aditional problem, the effect is being aplied on a 5 meter diameter, not radius.

Posting the Short Description and Link to this Report on the Megathread.

Edited by Lt.Nagae

Update on Issue(Thanks to KAZANATOR for aditional information)

Seems like the main issue is on the netcode system, as when as host, the Eclipse and its Augment, Total Eclipse is working as intented, but when as client, the problem happens. So, probably the bug is related with the information about Power strength not being transmited in a apropriate way, potetially creating a gamebreaking bug with frames which have abilities which give buffs of some kind to yourself or other team members, as example, Mirage or Chroma, which is the KAZANATOR case

Edited by Lt.Nagae

Update on Issue(Thanks to KAZANATOR for aditional information)

Seems like the main issue is on the netcode system, as when as host, the Eclipse and its Augment, Total Eclipse is working as intented, but when as client, the problem happens. So, probably the bug is related with the information about Power strength not being transmited in a apropriate way, potetially creating a gamebreaking bug

ill post some vids in my topic after i came back from work.

Edited by KAZANATOR

Thanks for posting this info. My TE Mirage usually gives a 440% light/95% shadow buff to allies and the effects appear to have been cut down to 25% of their normal potency giving only 110%/23%. I was confused and thinking this was some recent nerf to make her pretty much useless on defense/mobile defense missions. Glad to know it is just a bug that will probably be fixed soon :D

Thanks for posting this info. My TE Mirage usually gives a 440% light/95% shadow buff to allies and the effects appear to have been cut down to 25% of their normal potency giving only 110%/23%. I was confused and thinking this was some recent nerf to make her pretty much useless on defense/mobile defense missions. Glad to know it is just a bug that will probably be fixed soon :D

I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible, because this can be bigger than it looks. But until now, no signs of life or any kind of response in this issue. already thought about submitting a support ticket.