Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Trinity And Lens.

CrazyKarateSpaceNinja

Question

So I recently got Trinity Prime, and i'm a few levels from maxing her. I bought a Great Madurai Lens from the market cause I thought they were pretty cheap and I'm wondering if I should put it on her. At first I was okay with the plan since Trinity was my new go-to frame, but then I realized that you only get affinity by killing things. And Trinity is nearly impossible to get kills with (at least for me.) So instead of that should I just switch the lens onto one of my main weapons I use on Trinity like my Soma or my melee?

10 answers to this question

If you make a kill with a weapon, half the affinity goes to your frame and half to the weapon. So it doesn't matter which one has the lens.

Ideally you'd place a lens on a frame that makes lots of kills, but if it not gonna be a frame you use a lot it kinda defeats the point.

Well, First off all of your weapon kills go towards your warframe's lens. Your warframe's end-mission focus points is directly equal to the sum of your weapons(if you only used weapons to kill). You would have a much easier time if you simply put your focus on a warframe that you are comfortable with using their powers to cause mass genocide with the least amount of effort.

If you're not quite comfortable with a DPS Trinity then I suggest not putting any lens on her. Put your lens on something that you don't have such a hard time using your powers to kill with or even just a Invisibility-frame and run around stealthing exterminates.

I, on the other hand, enjoy a DPS Trinity. I use my many Trinities to house all of my greater focuses and it allows me to enjoy the game while maxing out my daily focus cap quite easily.

Well, First off all of your weapon kills go towards your warframe's lens. Your warframe's end-mission focus points is directly equal to the sum of your weapons(if you only used weapons to kill). You would have a much easier time if you simply put your focus on a warframe that you are comfortable with using their powers to cause mass genocide with the least amount of effort.

If you're not quite comfortable with a DPS Trinity then I suggest not putting any lens on her. Put your lens on something that you don't have such a hard time using your powers to kill with or even just a Invisibility-frame and run around stealthing exterminates.

I, on the other hand, enjoy a DPS Trinity. I use my many Trinities to house all of my greater focuses and it allows me to enjoy the game while maxing out my daily focus cap quite easily.

what do you mean by a DPS trinity? is it a specific build? *not really a trin player*

what do you mean by a DPS trinity? is it a specific build? *not really a trin player*

you realised that EV Trin is 1 of highest damage on single high lvl mobs.. well of life+ right timed energy vampire

Edited by DIIc3

Trinity does damage with guns, She has other sources, but they're trivial compared to just shooting (or stabbing) your enemies.

What she can do is get in their collective faces and dare them to do something about it while she guns them down in job lots. There aren't many warframes that can do with with impunity, but Trin is one.

So, lens on Trin or her favorite gun? Depends how you play. If your Trin uses only one weapon, well, then the decision is easy. If you constantly switch weapons on Trin, but play her a lot, then you know what to do as well.

It's worth mentioning that Steve said on Twitter that shared XP will accrue Focus Points in a coming update. So Trinity will be able to top off just fine with Draco.

Several patches latter this still hasn't been added, why?

That being said if only have one lens and don't have access to a Warframe who's powers do damage your on the lowest end for focus gain.

Warframe Powers 100% Efficiency 

Any Weapon 50% Efficiency (Stealth Kills add bonus)

Several patches latter this still hasn't been added, why?

That being said if only have one lens and don't have access to a Warframe who's powers do damage your on the lowest end for focus gain.

Warframe Powers 100% Efficiency 

Any Weapon 50% Efficiency (Stealth Kills add bonus)

There's a possibility that they want to come up with a solution that takes Draco into account. At least, this is what I'm hoping for.