Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler]They Adapt To Our Abilities Too!~ Q ^q (A Deeper Analysis On The Sentients) + Excalibur Blind & Exalted Blade Vs Sentients!

Zarozian

So I decided since the Battalysts dual wield rail guns, it would probably not be wise to use Iron Skin like I did with the Conculysts, so I went for the Duration and Power Range build~

It was working out quite well until the third Stomp.....

So I'd say tanky or CC frames with overpowered hard hitting weapons for the Battalysts, since they don't get that tornado invulnerability that the Conculysts have, and they are far more squishier than the Conculysts. But then again these Battalysts are practically impossible to beat alone, you'd need the abilities of other Tenno, and take turns, so that when it becomes immune to one of your abilities, you still have 3 others to keep them off you which would give you enough time to finish hem all off quickly with your OP weapons.  So it's a good idea to hit them hard and fast, since they take a bit longer to adapt, but they hurt a lot.

Fortunately I doubt we will see huge hordes of these guys. At best we'll only see 4 of them and a ton of Conculysts.

warframe.jpg?w=720

I know this because look at this picture^ 

Only 4 Battalysts and 16 Conculysts. Any player can easily take out 4 of those Battalyst things quickly enough with great care and then just carefully handle the rest of the Conculysts.

I also think that Loki from that trailer was the one who get it's head cut off by the Stalker.

----------------------------------------------

I imagine why Mirage died. And it was clearly because she was crazy and thought she was a strong independent warframe who ain't need no team! >;O But she was wrong. 

With the Conculysts walling you in with their invulnerability tornadoes, and the Battalysts blasting you with high damage attacks safely behind the Conculysts, it's no wonder a single Tenno would get rekt so hard.

Here's the Conculysts one again:

While I totally got rekt by those Battalysts, the Conculysts alone are fortunately not as bad....can't say they are better...but at least it's possible to win against the Conculysts alone right?

----------------------------------------

Now it's time to plan out effective ways we can beat them together with this new knowledge about them, that you have been given! ;O

TELL ME YO IDEAS SO I (OR WE) CAN TEST THEM OUT! >;(

----------------------------------------

Excal Blind & Exalted Blade build VS 20 Level 40 Conculysts!

Excalibur seems to be the most effective in damaging them all! But the regular 200k damage gets reduced to 2000 and then when adapted to blind and exalted blade it drops to 42.....

If Excalibur had a Trinity with him it may be able to totally annihilate all the Sentients if they lined up~

There goes DE again.....being so biased and favoring Excalibur......and not.....Rhino... ;<

Edited by Zarozian

Personally I think them adapting to our abilities is going a touch too far. Are we not supposed to be channeling Void energy through our Wraframes to give them the power they have?

Then again, with us being what we are not I'm shocked they decided to even give us special Void energies at all.

I am just thinking of things a Warframe would say if they had a personality on what they would do

ATLAS

WE DROP A ROCK ON THEM

Loki

MY PRECIOUS

WE BRING JOHN CENA
Nekros

YES YES MORE BODIES MOOOOOOREEEE

Saryn,frost,ember,volt

Yeah they kind of adapt to us individually so we can still nuke them.....

MESA

GUNS MORE GUNS(same as ivara except arrows)

Excalibur

WHY DO I EVEN HANG WITH YOU GUYS

Also I can't really parkour with all those holes in the new simulacrum's ground! >;(

It will definitely be easier to dodge and attack them in general when we fight them in the field! >; (

Fix dem holes! >;O

Also the new one is smaller too, so not too many places to run to.... =/

Personally I think them adapting to our abilities is going a touch too far. Are we not supposed to be channeling Void energy through our Wraframes to give them the power they have?

Then again, with us being what we are not I'm shocked they decided to even give us special Void energies at all.

I think by void energy they probably mean the Focus System.

I am certain they have something planned with that. After all our Tenno practically mastered that whole tree and they managed to push back the Sentients after the Orokin have already lost and seized total victory against the Sentients.

I am assuming our Warframes that we used during the Old War went to the Tau System and were destroyed in the final battle over there, while we remained safe on the Moon. The ones that returned however wanted to kill the Orokins for murdering Margulis and for sending their brothers and sisters to the Tau system and sacrificing them like that to win.

But really though~ I hope they do a lot more with the focus system and it's abilities, cause right now it's very underwhelming, much like the Rhino Rework. =/

A

tag has been added to your title.

Please refer to DERebecca's announcement and be more mindful of those who have yet to play or are unable to play the "Second Dream" Update. Thank you.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but it's getting a bit stupid. You might as well just create a spoiler sub-forum and segregate everyone there, as there's very little people can currently participate in in the main forums thanks to the volume of spoiler threads.

Player can just take higher ground. Sentients don't have directional or anti-air attacks - if you latch onto the wall, they will be powerless.

Battalysts can still hit you~ Staying stationary will get you killed.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but it's getting a bit stupid. You might as well just create a spoiler sub-forum and segregate everyone there, as there's very little people can currently participate in in the main forums thanks to the volume of spoiler threads.

I think it will last only until consoles get theirs. =/

It's totally fine as long as we're allowed to talk about it~

Personally I think its ok to adapt to everything

except for melee channeling

Wait have you tested this? ;O

Wow.... this is... terrifying.

Like... Really.

It feels like THEY are THE SENTIENT. Holy shiet.

Honestly tho... I hope there are many other types of sentients coming, even harder than these ones. Hard enough for a 8-player raid with lots of formas on each weapon, maxed frames (with maxed primed mods and everything), maxed arcanes and full focus trees (at least 1 or 2) to be wiped out couple of times when facing them head-on.

Oh man I can't wait for all these try-hards to actually start thinking with their brains, apply their experience and use advanced tactics instead of just slash-n-hack their way through each level with their oh-so-good gear like it was nothing. Finally personal skill, brains and experience will truly matter. That's some real endgame stuff right there.

I mean... even I "tryhard" sometimes and OH BOY it will be so much fun when full Sentient Invasion Force hits our lovely Solar system :D

edit:

oh and I just thought... Thank goodness they can't heal/repair each other. There are no demage reduction auras, no eximus-type auras, no nulifying bubble... Jeez imagine how awesome it would be if they had all those powers xD

Edited by Captain_Fronk

Like... Really.

Honestly tho... I hope there are many other types of sentients coming, even harder than these ones. Hard enough for a 8-player raid with lots of formas on each weapon, maxed frames (with maxed primed mods and everything), maxed arcanes and full focus trees (at least 1 or 2) to be wiped out couple of times when facing them head-on.

Oh man I can't wait for all these try-hards to actually start thinking with their brains, apply their experience and use advanced tactics instead of just slash-n-hack their way through each level with their oh-so-good gear like it was nothing. Finally personal skill, brains and experience will truly matter. That's some real endgame stuff right there.

I mean... even I "tryhard" sometimes and OH BOY it will be so much fun when full Sentient Invasion Force hits our lovely Solar system :D

That would be super nice and all if the sentients were smart enemies to begin with.

The only thing they do is gain 90-95% damage reduction and have a variety of immortality frames.

The only "smart" or "tactical" approach to fighting them is literally killing them before they can reduce damage.

We already have a metric ton of bullet sponge enemies that are "smart" and all these enemies do is encourage brute force.

Like... Really.

edit:

oh and I just thought... Thank goodness they can't heal/repair each other. There are no demage reduction auras, no eximus-type auras, no nulifying bubble... Jeez imagine how awesome it would be if they had all those powers xD

There are already Butcher Sentients and Ballista Sentients. Conculysts and Battalysts.

Battalysts can use a special version of Trinity's Link to redirect damage to its teammates, thus sharing its damage adaption trait to at least 3 other Sentients near it.

Impossible with Rhino? Trinity'll come to the rescue. They don't dispel abilities, and if so then Link shines when fighting through crowds of them with less recasting volume than Iron Skin and can still maintain its static damage reduction while having no health for it to keep up in its duration pool.

Excalibur's Radial Blind can prove to be useful against them when you're trying to melee, since it can boost melee damage by a substantial amount on the first hit at an enemy that is blinded.

We havent fought them on large scale so far. It's been small scale, in which they have proven their strength... more or less. 

Honestly, I don't think DE should be worried about making the sentients more powerful. I would rather have them be a bit too powerful than a bit too weak. They are end game, and DE has a tendency to make bosses and "difficult" content, extremely easy. Just look at the new stalker. He is absurdly weak. My akmagnus can kill him in seconds.

My current impression of the sentients is pretty good, but I dont think that we should be able to spam bladestorm, exalted blade or other aoe damage abilities to rid an entire room of the sentients. They need to be difficult. In fact, I think they should get ability adaptive capabilities, and then DE focus on quality over quantity. Then we wont have to fight 200 enemies at the same time like on Draco, but instead fewer, stronger enemies.

Like... Really.

edit:

I'm not a try hard~ o -o

I'm normally strong enough that I don't have to try~

Bet man these Sentients~ If you aren't sufficiently strong enough or as skilled~ Then you'll have a bad time~

There's just no way to cheese it anymore that I can find. It's more like "cheese us once but you can't cheese us twice with the same thing".

There are already Butcher Sentients and Ballista Sentients. Conculysts and Battalysts.

Battalysts can use a special version of Trinity's Link to redirect damage to its teammates, thus sharing its damage adaption trait to at least 3 other Sentients near it.

Impossible with Rhino? Trinity'll come to the rescue. They don't dispel abilities, and if so then Link shines when fighting through crowds of them with less recasting volume than Iron Skin and can still maintain its static damage reduction while having no health for it to keep up in its duration pool.

Excalibur's Radial Blind can prove to be useful against them when you're trying to melee, since it can boost melee damage by a substantial amount on the first hit at an enemy that is blinded.

Oh yah! ;O

That's right~

Since we won't be fighting all these guys alone, we'll probably be fine, although if we were to fight an army of Stalkers who can dispell, then it might of been a different story.

A fusion of a Tenno and a Sentient would be terrifying........if only Rhino can have that Sentient Resistance on his Iron Skin.......

That would be super nice and all if the sentients were smart enemies to begin with.

The only thing they do is gain 90-95% damage reduction and have a variety of immortality frames.

The only "smart" or "tactical" approach to fighting them is literally killing them before they can reduce damage.

We already have a metric ton of bullet sponge enemies that are "smart" and all these enemies do is encourage brute force.

We have yet to see the actual Sentients themselves.

All we've seen so far are their advanced robotics. Sentients would be like Lotus or Hunhow.

We havent fought them on large scale so far. It's been small scale, in which they have proven their strength... more or less. 

Honestly, I don't think DE should be worried about making the sentients more powerful. I would rather have them be a bit too powerful than a bit too weak. They are end game, and DE has a tendency to make bosses and "difficult" content, extremely easy. Just look at the new stalker. He is absurdly weak. My akmagnus can kill him in seconds.

My current impression of the sentients is pretty good, but I dont think that we should be able to spam bladestorm, exalted blade or other aoe damage abilities to rid an entire room of the sentients. They need to be difficult. In fact, I think they should get ability adaptive capabilities, and then DE focus on quality over quantity. Then we wont have to fight 200 enemies at the same time like on Draco, but instead fewer, stronger enemies.

We can't spam it anyways.

My favorite anti sentient tactic is to use either a slow molecular prime nova or duration nyx with the Mind Freak(500% extra damage at max rank) mod on them.

That won't work.....

It's highly likely that you won't kill it on the first shot. At best you will get rid of 25% of one of them, then they will adapt and become resistant to it, so you can still use your ability but then over time it will become completely immune to your ability and it just won't work anymore.

Maybe it will work if it's just one Sentient. But against a crowd? Nah~

i have found that a good banshee build blows through them. if you have multiple people shooting them they can do down in a matter of seconds. however you need a lot of different burst damage to do it best (bows, shotguns, tonkors, ect).  the only issue is that banshee literally dies if one so much as looks at her, while her sonic boom is good at keeping Conculysts at bay, Battalysts destroy her.  A trinity really helps, along with her EV that can randomly proc sonar to do tons of damage, and an Ivara's bow with sonar up can really shred the things

i have found that a good banshee build blows through them. if you have multiple people shooting them they can do down in a matter of seconds. however you need a lot of different burst damage to do it best (bows, shotguns, tonkors, ect).  the only issue is that banshee literally dies if one so much as looks at her, while her sonic boom is good at keeping Conculysts at bay, Battalysts destroy her.  A trinity really helps, along with her EV that can randomly proc sonar to do tons of damage, and an Ivara's bow with sonar up can really shred the things

Battalysts destroy  everything man but they are much easier to kill before they develop their resistance.

I'm still having trouble with the Battalysts, but at least the Conculysts are now no longer a problem for me. They are quite easy to beat, just don't take any risks for more damage, and CC and retreat when they tornado.

But I think overall.

The Sentients will be much easier to fight on other mission maps, where we can use the terrain to our advantage, to retreat and attack and dodge.

There isn't much room and too many places you can fall through in the new simulacrum, and that's what makes it really hard, cause you can't really use parkour to dodge the shots from the Battalysts without flying off and respawning only to be surrounded by them.

I use bullet attract from Mag, no matter how fast it move my bullet always go for the weak points.

Yeah Mag will be helpful.

The design of the Sentient being slim and narrow with thin rod like parts might have been intentional, making them difficult to hit too.

If Mag could use her bullet attract on all of them, killing them quickly before they can fully adapt to Mag's ability and my Tonkor damage, would be a piece of cake.

But this goes to show that Sentients cannot be defeated by a single Tenno alone, but by working together.

Isn't this what we wanted?

Also they could seriously improve the focus system abilities for Unairu....like have it deal actual damage on the Sentients since it's pure void energy....or at least make Unairu's Armor Increase Passive a LOT higher than just 12%, cause that's practically nothing. >; (