Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloak Arrow Bug

pyrocraziac

I have noticed that when I fire the cloak arrow at an ally, it sticks the side of the cloak area to the player, this results in intermittent invisibility for that player. I am not sure, but this might only occur when the power range is below 100%. My current build has 79% range, and this is more than enough to move around inside of when placed on the ground.

pHj6T0L.jpg

It seems that the player should be the center of the cloak area instead of the edge of this cloak "bubble" touching the tenno and working improperly. When I have had 100% power range or greater the ally has been at the center of the bubble.

Please fix this.

I think you hit the tip of someone elses syandana. I have seen this happen too. Technically it is not a bug as it does collide with an object. DE would need to make the arrows ignore syandanas.

Edited by SoanoS

I think you hit the tip of someone elses syandana. I have seen this happen too. Technically it is not a bug as it does collide with an object. DE would need to make the arrows ignore syandanas.

I don't think this is the case at all. I have played with people who do not own syandanas to equip and still had the same results.

The hit detection with these things are pretty wonky, I think latency has something to do with it. I can fire at a teammate's dome piece and have it stop in midair over an ammo pickup.

The picture I posted is of me trying to hit my wife's character, and we play in the same house. I aimed at her wukong and it made a bubble on the side of her frame instead of around it.

• 5 weeks later...

I think it's likely they will (yeah wishfull thinking...) fix the quiver toggle and the bow summoning bugs prior to this.  I agree though this is a nuisance especially when you are on the positive end of +range and it still occurs.

I think it's likely they will (yeah wishfull thinking...) fix the quiver toggle and the bow summoning bugs prior to this.  I agree though this is a nuisance especially when you are on the positive end of +range and it still occurs.

To be honest, I have not really played with her much at all because of this bug. Thanks for adding the feedback that it can occur in the positive values for range as well. If that is the case, then I definitely think it is a bug and I hope they patch it soon.

I have noticed that when I fire the cloak arrow at an ally, it sticks the side of the cloak area to the player, this results in intermittent invisibility for that player. I am not sure, but this might only occur when the power range is below 100%. My current build has 79% range, and this is more than enough to move around inside of when placed on the ground.

pHj6T0L.jpg

It seems that the player should be the center of the cloak area instead of the edge of this cloak "bubble" touching the tenno and working improperly. When I have had 100% power range or greater the ally has been at the center of the bubble.

Please fix this.

You didn't hit the ally, you hit their sentinel, so the cloak is centered on the sentinel. It works fine when you actually hit allies. 

You didn't hit the ally, you hit their sentinel, so the cloak is centered on the sentinel. It works fine when you actually hit allies. 

Could not be farther from the truth. If you look in the pic, their carrier is on the right, near the head, and the bubble is centered on the other side of the frame from the carrier.

I tested just such a hypothesis numerous times. I even attempted to stick the arrow multiple times just to get this one screenshot, just to make sure I did not hit the carrier.

for the record, i have 112% range on the stat sheet.  I would say maybe 1 in 3 cloak arrows i fire runs into this problem.  Sometimes it seems like it hits them and causes them to blink and and out of invisiblity rapidly as if they arrow is trying to keep up with their warframe.  Most of the time generally assume these are sentinel hits, but I know for sure that this isn't always the case because sometimes it sticks the arrow way off to the side of the Warframe

Sometimes when I see the blinking happen i'll stick another arrow to my target and get overlapping bubbles which usually stops it.  This happens a lot more often when the quiver target is moving fast in any direction but towards me.

Edited by Clowee

for the record, i have 112% range on the stat sheet.  I would say maybe 1 in 3 cloak arrows i fire runs into this problem.  Sometimes it seems like it hits them and causes them to blink and and out of invisiblity rapidly as if they arrow is trying to keep up with their warframe.  Most of the time generally assume these are sentinel hits, but I know for sure that this isn't always the case because sometimes it sticks the arrow way off to the side of the Warframe

Sometimes when I see the blinking happen i'll stick another arrow to my target and get overlapping bubbles which usually stops it.  This happens a lot more often when the quiver target is moving fast in any direction but towards me.

For the official record, and to help the devs by clarifying this:

My build had 79% range in this photo. I made sure to stand on the opposite side of my friend's frame from their sentinel. I had them stand still. I repeatedly fired the arrow, trying to prove myself wrong, aiming at different spots on the frame. Same results, every single time.

Not only that, which I can confirm too, that the stealth field is pretty offset, the stealth itself is buggy. E. g. having a duration of 30s, 25s of it will be fine, just stay inside, while the remaining 5s at the end are somehow "not there". Enemies will fire at you, like you ain't maintaining any stealth after all. That mocks me the most.

Thanks all for continuing to add feedback to this thread. I am sad to see that it is a widespread problem.

One of the reasons it has not been reported as much could be that it is a difficult frame to obtain without platinum purchases.

It is sad to see its function impaired, considering how much effort it takes to get her.

I saw someone in the first Mobile Defense portian of the Shadow Debt event that had a cloak arrow on at extraction (not from me, but most likely a teammate using Ivara). The player (with the cloak arrow on) was still visible, but had the cloak aura around.

I think it's still not completely fixed, maybe just the positioning of the cloak arrow attatched to a player has changed, but not the part where it doesn't cloak the ally.

I saw someone in the first Mobile Defense portian of the Shadow Debt event that had a cloak arrow on at extraction (not from me, but most likely a teammate using Ivara). The player (with the cloak arrow on) was still visible, but had the cloak aura around.

I think it's still not completely fixed, maybe just the positioning of the cloak arrow attatched to a player has changed, but not the part where it doesn't cloak the ally.

Hopefully it gets there. Happy to see they are attending to it.