Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Spoiler?} Vazarin's Passives

Kaotyke

Ok, this is a bit of feedback on the two of the 3 passives Vazarin has.

Disciplined Approach: Mending Tides increases the range Affinity from kills is shared among allies by 10 / ? / ? / ? meters for the duration of the mission.

Isnt the range of the XP-share 50m already? Why would I want it to be greater? Specially later in the game where people do not want XP, and are all with maxed gear. Its not worth the 45s it adds or the points.

Retaliation: Mending Tides mirrors 2.5% / 5 / ? / ? of damage taken back to attackers for the duration of the mission.

I have not put this above the unlocked rank, because when you stop to think about how this damage return goes, you will be doing 1-10 damage to the enemy while you take it in full. Assuming the final Rank is 10% damage send back, you do 100 damage if you take 1000, on enemies that have a crapton of health. That much damage already destroyed your shields and some of your health if you are using a frame with less than 1000 Shields, better to not take any damage at all and DODGE!

And it seems to have a range in it too. Anyways, not worth the points or the 45s. Unless you want to see enemies get tickled by 1s and maybe 2s.

New Moon: Mending Tides grants the ability to revive fallen allies instantly, up to 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 times for the duration of mission.

And here we have the reason why the other two passives are crap, its to counter balance this! This passive is very convinient at higher level where you cant affort to stand still for long without CC, you can just jump in and bring the teammate back to the fight with a click or they can do the same to you. This is the only passive I see worth investing in the Vazarin Path, the rest... is the rest.

Suggestions:

I would change Disciplined Approach with a Health Regen, like the Rejuvenation mod, but only effect the caster and those that are within 10m of them. The highe the rank, the higher the health Regen, the range is fixed.

Retaliation could be changed to a damage mitigation like Shatter Shield, with 5/10/15/20% effectiveness? Or maybe add Life Steal to melee weapons like a passive Life Srike using 0.3/0.45/0.6/1% of the damage?

Because as it is: Disciplined Approach and Retaliation are not viable at all.

Edited by Kao-Snake

All the focus schools are cool and stuff... Vazarin too... But Vazarin seems less interesting than the other focus schools and offers less utility.

I would change Disciplined Approach with a Health Regen, like the Rejuvenation mod, but only effect the caster and those that are within 10m of them. The highe the rank, the higher the health Regen, the range is fixed.

Zenurik has that "1,7x Energy Siphon" at rank 0 passive (that only works for one person, yeah). Why not let Vazarin have similar thing? Like "1,7x Rejuvenation" for the caster only, that'd be 5hp/s. If Zenurik's Energy Overflow isn't op then such new Vazarin's passive wouldn't be neither.

Anyway, +1 OP, more love for Vazarin pls.