Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler]Ideas For New Unairu Abilities For The Unairu Way! Become The Mountain That Shatters The Sky!

Zarozian

The Eye of Basilik is meant to replace Basilik Flare.

[EYE OF BASILIK]
hqdefault.jpg
Stand at it's eye and unleash a deadly tornado of sand and debris 10 meters around you that will petrify, push away/ragdoll, and blind any enemy that tries to get close. Allies within the tornado are protected from all enemy attacks for the duration of Eye of Basilik and the storm itself keeps enemies from entering. The Eye of Basilik moves with the operator!

When petrify ends the enemy is blinded with sand!

Damage per a second 200/400/800/1200

Eye of Basilik Duration 10/15/20/25

Petrify Duration 20/25/30/35

Blind Duration 10/15/20/25
----------------------------------------------------------

[BASILIK FLARE]

Unleash a ray of petrifying energy that turns enemy to stone and an aura of intense gravity that slows enemies 4 meters around you to a near halt.

[STONE SHAPE]

Adds 150/200/250/300 additional base armor for the duration of the mission.

[CARBON PEAK] - Passive

Basilik Flare grants 50%/70%/100%/120% bonus armor for the duration of the mission.

[MEDUSA'S TOUCH] - Passive

Basilik Flare grants 20%/25%/30%/35% chance to petrify enemies for 10 seconds when attacked for the duration of the mission.

[PETRIFYING HEAVY STRIKE] - Passive

All attacks with melee weapons reduce the armor of an enemy by 5%/10%/15%/20% for 10 seconds. Effects stack up to 4 times and a 5%/10%/15%/20% chance to petrify them too when attacking with melee weapons.

[bASILIK FLARE MASTERY]

Reduces cool down of Basilik Flare by 30%/45%/60%/75%.

[sCORCHED EARTH]

Basilisk Flare ends with an eruption of flames blanketing a 5 meter radius area for the duration of the mission, dealing 1000 damage per second to enemies with an 85% chance to inflict corrosive status if they step into the flames.

[LASTING JUDGEMENT]

Increases the duration of petrify by 20%/25%/30%/35% and petrifies enemies 30%/35%/40%/45% faster.

[bLACKBODY FORCE]

Basilik Flare now creates a singularity when the beam is concentrated in one area for 3 seconds which pulls and damages enemies for 200/400/800/1200 damage per a second.

[WEIGHT OF JUSTICE]

Enemies petrified will sustain 2000/4000/6000/8000 per a second damage over time with their damage out put reduced by half.

[sTONE ARMOR]

Allies targeted by Basilik Flare gain 1000/2000/3000/4000 Stone Armor HP with 50% of the caster's armor applied to it for 10/20/30/40 seconds.

[CRUMBLING SPIRIT]

Enemies petrified by Basilik Flare suffer 25%/30%/35%/40% armor reduction and become blinded by dust after petrification wears off for 15/20/25/30 seconds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for the new amount of Focus Points it costs to rank up and unlock these abilities, I will leave that to DE to decide, because with these new abilities it's actually worth quite a lot now! >;)

So tell me what you guys think?

If it's no good then come up with something better~

Maybe it's a little too OP? If so then explain why and what it should be changed to~

Then we can shove this into feed back when we're done~

I have some extra abilities that I don't know where to put~

[GRATIS RIVER] - Passive

Increases total health & shield capacity and shield regeneration speed by 10%/20%/30%/40% for the duration of the mission.

[MIGHTY FOREST] - Passive

Adds health regeneration and reduces shield recharge delay by 25%/50%/75%/100% for the duration of the mission.

-------------------------------------------

It's not like we're going to need to use Focus all the time, but for really long missions these will definitely be helpful.

I just came here to express my support for this thread. It's quite visible that  the Unairu way isn't being expressed correctly in it's current state.

Also, i'd like to add a suggestion:

Tectonic Retribution :

For the duration of the mission, damage dealt to the user is reflected and amplified, slowing down ranged and melee attackers.

so, the modifiers for this ability would be chance for reflection, multiplier, chance of slow and percentage of slow, all of these increasing with level.

and

Bedrock Embankment: For the duration of the mission, whenever the user stays in place for more than a given amount of time, they gain hp regeneration, bonus regen to shields, knockdown/knockback immunity, and armor. While standing still, every instance of the first amount of time that passes (up to a maximum of 3 times) where no movement occurs increases the armor boost OR the regenerations (up to a maximum of 3 times), while walking speed goes down to 20% (walking won't cancel the ability, but will reset the additional boosts).   Upon sprinting, jumping, or any form of parkour except for walking (and melee/stance movements), all the damage received while the ability was active will be released in a radial blast that knocks nearby enemies back (petrifying them, maybe?).

Anyway, some random ideas i had, most of it is still pretty crude. I do appreciate you guys' initiative though. Rock on. (geddit?)

Modifiers here are base amount of time for the ability to trigger, base bonuses, base amount of time for the additional bonuses to trigger.

Honestly i think this fits the whole ''outlast the enemy'' thing more

Edited by Zarozian
Removed "Megathread" Tag

If only...

I picked unairu first, and it looked good. Until they fix the typo on medusa's touch and display the numbers of the passives.

5% armor, i can assure you i laughed hard at this.

That's a +1 anyway, when i compare with zenurik, unairu is complete sh*t.

So do you think they will go with mah ideeers foh da new abilities fo UNAIRU? ;>

They've just gotta riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggght? ;D

I'm not getting enough feed back from you all! D:

At least give me your approval so DE can push this out to replace the Unairu way with these abilities! ;<

Actually wish they would make all the focus paths better, but Unairu is lacking the most. Even just some of these ideas would make it Worth leveling

Thanks....hit that upvote button pls~ ;>

But anyways~ It's not too OP or too, uhh you know? Any negatives?

Like it's totally good and DE can push this straight out and we'd have no more complaints about it right?

Also if you or we or DE, are gonna make all the Focus Paths better, then we gotta provide our feedback and write what we think is good, and how it will make it better and worth leveling and maxing all of the abilities.

So if you guys are in Zenurik, Naramon, Madurai, or Vazarin. Go make your own thread on how these abilities abilities should be changed or improved, or even replace them with new and different abilities entirely to make sure your path fits the description of what you truly wanted when you chose that path.

Then together we can provide each other feed back and etc and improve it and then present it to DE cause they kind of don't seem like they know what they're doing with Focus....no offense DE but this time it was really that bad. =/

But yeah this is what I got so far for Unairu~ Hope you guys like and approve of it so DE can make it happen~

You really think DE will do that ..?

They will if enough people are heavy handed in wanting it. We have to show DE we really want this and we gotta be persistent with it too.

It has happened before, after all~

You see what needs to happen is that we have to have each other's backs on this. And if enough people like this idea and demand for it to happen. DE makes it happen and everyone will be happy and just rank away at the Focus because it's something WORTH ranking now and fun and refreshing to use~

we got the warframes because the Orokin were afraid of Our Power, and when we finally get to use that Power, its worse than most of Our warframes? what gives?

Exactly~

Plus it's a great long term goal and people will keep working at it as long as it's great and worth it. But with the crappy abilities that we have now with all those negatives that come with it, who the hell would want to invest time on something that would become pointless and worthless the more time you spend investing in it?

Am I right?

Edited by Zarozian

hardly find the Paths Worth leveling at all atm, if only for the passives. when you read the description for the paths, you would think they would be super good when maxed out. instead you get a discount ability of a frame that can do the job 100x better

Awe yeah.....I really hate that so much.....when something isn't what it describes itself to be....

But no matter~

Continue to gather those Focus Points regardless. They will have to make changes and improve it eventually.

And unless they have something far better or MORE "balanced" than what I came up with, then we may be very likely to see this one get pushed forward.

I do admit that my ideas do seem very "beast mode" or "avatar state-like", so DE might see it as overpowered and others may see it as power creep, however I see it as fitting and just right for Unairu's description. I'm not saying it's perfect o course but I want it to become something ideal for those who chose Unairu. 

Id love to see these changes! Medusa's Touch should imo have both when you hit the enemy and when the enemy hits you. And enemies petrified would get same damage as petrified by basilisk flare. This would add a bit more synergy to the tree.

Also would an hp reg fit into Unairu? Since its theme is "outlasting the enemy". Nothing major but like a slightly worse Rejuvenation. Also % added hp would be nice to go with the armor.

Heres hoping well get Unairu buffs/changes sooner than later

Id love to see these changes! Medusa's Touch should imo have both when you hit the enemy and when the enemy hits you. And enemies petrified would get same damage as petrified by basilisk flare. This would add a bit more synergy to the tree.

Also would an hp reg fit into Unairu? Since its theme is "outlasting the enemy". Nothing major but like a slightly worse Rejuvenation. Also % added hp would be nice to go with the armor.

Heres hoping well get Unairu buffs/changes sooner than later

We can add that to heavy strike~

And yes I do believe it would fit it since it's all about endurance and outlasting the enemy, it can be just like rejuvenation since it takes a long while before we can activate the Focus System anyways, just imagine it as a switch to turn on rejuvination while you are in mid or near the end of a mission.

Hopefully these changes will be added in sooner with all your support for it~

All the trees need buffs, excluding Zenurik.
This is supposed to be end game.

You again.

And yeah we know that but I am doing Unairu first because I'm in it and it needs it the most out of the 5.

Those who want changes and improvements to happen in their own schools will have to do something similar to what I'm doing.

Will you show support or provide feedback for Unairu?

Also this is what the 5 schools of the Focus System were based on~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Xing

The Naramon School represents Wood 木. In Wu Xing this is associated with the eyes, growth, flourish, and reaching outward.
The Madurai School represents Fire 火. In Wu Xing this is associated with the heart, force, passion, and raw power.

The Unairu School represents Earth 土. In Wu Xing this is associated with the flesh, stability, durability, and bearing.

The Zenurik School represents Metal 金. Also interpretable as mineral or crystal, this is associated in Wu Xing with the lung, concentrating, reserving, and abundance.

The Vazarin School represents Water 水. In Wu Xing this is associated with the bone, flexiblility, supporting, adaptability, and sympathy.

You again.

And yeah we know that but I am doing Unairu first because I'm in it and it needs it the most out of the 5.

Those who want changes and improvements to happen in their own schools will have to do something similar to what I'm doing.

Will you show support or provide feedback for Unairu?

Yes, me again :^)

A general feedback thread would be better than solely focusing on Unairu just because you picked it.

Plus lumping all 5 together in one feedback thread would be messy and hard for DE to look through.

They gotta give each school their undivided attention and improve them one by one, it will be a mess again if they do them all at once and just throw out whatever to us that's less than half finished.

They look fine to me personally :^)

These feedbacks are solely focused on the abilities of Unairu though.....how does throwing it in general feedback really help out at all?

The thing with Unairu is that by definition it should be about tankyness. Making yourself into a an immovable mountain when getting hit and an unstoppable juggernaut when doing the hitting (though that might be one of the other Focus Ways) 

Right now, Unairu is mostly about Crows Control. It's all about freezing your enemies with only a few slight armor related twinkles in the mix. So at best it's a little sister to Zenurik. 

Problem is that the only way for Unairu to become a truly "self-tanky" ability is for the Focus ability to not be a "beam weapon" but a sort of one-shot buff. Like when you activate it, it causes a massive blast at your location, turning enemies in your immediate surrounding into stone and buffing your armor (possibly health and turning shields into Proto-shields?). Maybe for the duration, maybe for a little while. Essentially it's you giving yourself a massive buff. 

Plus lumping all 5 together in one feedback thread would be messy and hard for DE to look through.

They gotta give each school their undivided attention and improve them one by one, it will be a mess again if they do them all at once and just throw out whatever to us that's less than half finished.

These feedbacks are solely focused on the abilities of Unairu though.....how does throwing it in general feedback really help out at all?

There are members of DE whose sole job is to look through feedback. Their infrastructure is quite nice. 

The thing with Unairu is that by definition it should be about tankyness. Making yourself into a an immovable mountain when getting hit and an unstoppable juggernaut when doing the hitting (though that might be one of the other Focus Ways) 

Right now, Unairu is mostly about Crows Control. It's all about freezing your enemies with only a few slight armor related twinkles in the mix. So at best it's a little sister to Zenurik. 

Problem is that the only way for Unairu to become a truly "self-tanky" ability is for the Focus ability to not be a "beam weapon" but a sort of one-shot buff. Like when you activate it, it causes a massive blast at your location, turning enemies in your immediate surrounding into stone and buffing your armor (possibly health and turning shields into Proto-shields?). Maybe for the duration, maybe for a little while. Essentially it's you giving yourself a massive buff. 

Got any ideas on how this fantastic ideas of yours would work if it should manifest as an actual ability?

Like we can build something out of this. 

There are members of DE whose sole job is to look through feedback. Their infrastructure is quite nice. 

I copied and pasted the OP in there.

They should see it. Hopefully.

Got any ideas on how this fantastic ideas of yours would work if it should manifest as an actual ability?

Like we can build something out of this. 

If you mean like OP did his thing? No. It was just a short five minute brain fart. But currently Unairu is like Atlas' Stone Gaze with twinkles of armor bonuses thrown in. It should be the reverse, a massive armor bonus ability with some stone stuff twinkles in. That is why I think this way should rather be a single AoE blast, then a ranged beam attack. 

With enemies in the radius of the blast being slowed or turned to stone and you yourself getting an armor buff. It could be a limited time massive increase or a mission duration moderate one that could possibly stack when used more then once. With additional Way points letting you buff the armor of friendlies, steal or debuff the armor enemies. And possibly allowing us to convert shields from Standard ones to Proto, which is used by bosses and the Stalker, having improved resistance values and variants. 

EDIT: Bonus visual points if the armor buff you get shows up like an actual stone armor, sort of like Iron Skin. Hopefully less like some dirt rock, and more like polished granite or a more frivolous stone like obsidian or onyx.

Edited by Lakais