Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 [Spoiler] System: Eta On Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

Firstly, just a little bit of insight on why this is in the 'Developer Workshop': this subforum exists to host 'Information from the desk of Warframe developers', and the following is fresh off the desks of DE!

Secondly, [spoilers] and how they apply to PC Tenno and Console Tenno. The body of this post will be ever-so-briefly discussing the Focus System that was introduced just under 2 weeks ago on PC in 'The Second Dream'. As a reminder to Console Tenno, your build is currently in Cert with Microsoft and Sony. We eagerly await word on approval status!  P.S It's live.

Lastly, a quick look at the high-level issue of how Focus points are earned. Currently the most frequent criticism is the conflict presented by trying to earn Focus in a co-op environment, this issue must be solved first before the branching criticisms (like Focus caps) can be addressed.

A prototype emerges! We are prototyping a way to earn Focus points that is more conducive to team play, but still has its own twist. Lenses as equippable items required to collect Focus remains a core component of any prototyping, so all investment in equipping Lenses is preserved. Console players can safely utilize Lenses upon launch of 'The Second Dream' on the PS4 and Xbox One.

These prototypes are a tad too volatile in their current state, and we don't expect to roll them out until early 2016. We're sorry for any frustration this causes, but we need more time to get the prototype shippable.

Thank you!

Edited by DERebecca
  • Like 1

Im a bit disappointed hear we will not get the focus changes this year but alot of content has been released and the year is closing so its understandable.

Im very courious about this prototype though but also a bit worried about the "twist".

Edited by Ory_Hara

Sad to hear that the caps will stay, but I can appreciate the reason for maintaining them.

Will we be seeing re-balancing of any ability costs, effects, and timers? Both passive and activated?

Edited by Kthal

here's me just hoping that it's not tied to Affinity at all, and instead tied to completing Challenges, completing Objectives, successfully completing Missions, performing out of the ordinary actions (so Killing Enemies or w/e in non-conventional ways and such), Et Cetera.

some Points for Killing Enemies but not related to Affinity is acceptable - generic Enemies being worth none at all, and the more special / out of the ordinary the Enemy, the more points worth.

and ofc anything that isn't global, sharing. everyone completes Objectives technically so don't need to share things like that, but sharing special Challenges, points from Enemies and whatnot - definitely important.

These prototypes are a tad too volatile in their current state, and we don't expect to roll them out until early 2016. We're sorry for any frustration this causes, but we need more time to get the prototype shippable.

At least tell everyone what are you considering and why instead of secretively putting nigh random values hoping for it to work.

Bruteforce might have 100% chance to succeed eventually, but the timeframe we have is much less than infinite.

Edited by Mofixil

Take your time with the new system. Make it right, don't worry about shipping it quickly. :3

We'll wait for the dealings with the Focus Cap as well, we can be patient. ;D

An idea I had was for a Focus Lens Distiller, one we could maybe purchase in the same way we get Arcane Distillers. I'd hate to lose Greater Lenses because of this.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

the earning points - the way and how - need a litle work. thats for sure. To be blunt I'm super happy to get/ use focus. but the complexity of it worries me. I was expecting something more sophisticated. not on PoE lvl but more flexible and in a way something that can be mixed (one path with another) - that can be called " personal build"

Good news to hear. I don't mind the caps, we'd all be done with the content by now without them. Let's face it, working such changes them having the playerbase finish it that fast would be unbearable. Then there';d be complaints of no good content endgame.

As it is now I farm up the points with ember, and then go on my way and do things like sorties and core farming.

I was wondering, would it be possible to farm up lesser amounts in other schools. Like the first school you get past 25k focus in you can get to 75k focus. In every other school that day you can get 25k focus.

I am working on zenurik and madurai. I see a lot of problems and potential in both of them, but I'd like to invest more in both instead of just farming for one and putting the other on hold. And of course, I think everyone wants to be maxed in all schools at some point.