Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes Should Be Able To Equip/unequip Default Skins And Prime Ornaments

Jamescell

As the title says, Prime Warframes should be able to equip default Warframe skins, but also equip and unequip prime gold ornaments. Essentially, players should be able to equip a default skin on a prime warframe but also use the gold details at the same time- or use the Prime Warframe skin, but without the gold ornaments if they prefer.

Prime Warframes have a nice aesthetic, but they are also clear upgrades from their normal counterparts. It doesn't seem reasonable to make players allocate extra slots just so that they can play with the default frame aesthetics from time to time- especially since they are playing with inferior stats.

Edited by Jamescell

As the title says, Prime Warframes should be able to equip default Warframe skins, but also equip and unequip prime gold ornaments.

Essentially, players should be able to equip a default skin on a prime warframe but also use the gold details at the same time.

I support this, I made a thread a few days back on a similar thing myself.

@DarkD3filer and -FrostByte-, you realize that they already do this with immortal skins, right? Clearly it doesn't take that much time for them to do, and based on my limited understanding of game development, something like that doesn't take much time to do.

The ability to toggle prime ornaments requires the same processes that have been developed to allow warframes to remove default shoulder armor.

Edited by Jamescell

I would definitely like to be able to equip normal bodies on primes and vice versa. Ember Prime is my main, but I prefer normal Ember by far.  Its the pants.  And well, her booty's like 2cm bigger. You know.

....problems, I know.

I would definitely like to be able to equip normal bodies on primes and vice versa. Ember Prime is my main, but I prefer normal Ember by far.  Its the pants.  And well, her booty's like 2cm bigger. You know.

....problems, I know.

Most people I know prefer some aspect of a normal frame over its counterpart at least some of the time. Players shouldn't have to waste slots just to enjoy normal warframe aestehtics.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the post earlier, this would detract from more important stuff.

If you want to look like a regular frame just use the regular frame. I understand people wanting to feel like a min-maxing god but the way this game works none of the prime stats really do much.

"Now I can crush this low level content 1.7% harder!"

I agree with the post earlier, this would detract from more important stuff.

If you want to look like a regular frame just use the regular frame. I understand people wanting to feel like a min-maxing god but the way this game works none of the prime stats really do much.

"Now I can crush this low level content 1.7% harder!"

Well, the thing I would counter with is that DE already distracts themselves with plenty of "less important" stuff as it is.

There is TONS of absolutely pointless frippery that gets added to the game already. One could make the argument that things like "Prime Dog Collars" and "Cat-Pets" and "Bobbleheads" add next to nothing to the game, and the resources spent on that could be spent on debugging, optimizing, and possibly finally getting that Star Chart update ready.

But  these are things that people *want* and so shall they have them.

Besides I doubt that DE has only one team to work on EVERYTHING. They  probably have many people doing many different things around the office. For my part? I kind of want to be able to equip my vanilla ember's appearance to my Prime one... So why not take someone who's working on coding "Dog-Hats" or what-have-you, and have them cross code the default Warframe skins for a day or two so they can go on the primes? 

Most people I know prefer some aspect of a normal frame over its counterpart at least some of the time. Players shouldn't have to waste slots just to enjoy normal warframe aestehtics.

The only reason I *highly* doubt that they would take that step of eliminating the need for the default frame is simply because DE likes making money. As it is, if one wants to be able to maintain the option to play as Default Ember, or their fancy Prime Ember, they must own both frames.

That in turn means that they in all likelihood they have had to purchase at least one Warframe Slot somewhere along the way to accommodate both. which in turn means that by requiring both for the appearance options, DE makes about $1.50 per slot. Multiply this by several thousand (speaking across the community here), and you're looking at a healthy chunk of change that people are spending just to have both.

In fact, if I wanted to be REALLY cynical, this may be why they haven't implemented this option we're proposing sooner; because requiring you to have COMPLETELY separate Warframes in order to have *both* appearances means that (if you want both to be valid for any given use) you will have to have Reactor'd both, and probably thrown some formas at them too, meaning there's a distinct possibility that at some point you'll cave and BUY a reactor or forma for plat in the shop... netting them a few more Dollar-Fifties.

It's either that, or buy an immortal skin in the shop.... for $3.00.

This may be terribly unfair of me to presume, though, as I have an intrinsic suspicion of anything that runs on Microtransations, after all. ^_^" It's equally possible that DE just feels they have "bigger fish to fry."

Edited by NicodemusRexx