Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation On Phobos A Little Overtuned?

RyuDragnier

Running through the Phobos missions for the first time, and hadn't had a single problem with killing enemy types or fighting them until the first Excavation...Wendell. This mission feels way overtuned, in a party of 2 all the enemies are nothing but elites and rip through me and my friend's shields like they're paper, and both of us have a maxed Vigor and Fast Deflection, rank 6 Steel Fiber, Rank 6 Redirection, and Rank 6 Vitality mods on. We can kill them with our shots just fine, the problem is they're ripping through us just as fast.

We each tried it solo and had the same problem, we can kill the enemies but they do too much damage. We haven't joined a clan or anything, so we're dependent completely on the public matchmaking to give us people for this sort of thing. Is it possible for this to get some kind some looking at? Feels really stupid considering nothing else on this planet kills us this fast.

Which frames?  Steel Fiber grants a big armor increase to frames like Valkyr and Frost, but little to no effect on frames like Nyx and Volt.

That said, I noticed the same thing.  The starting level range for Wendell is "20-25", whereas the starting level range for Limtoc is "16-18"... on the same planet.  Seems the Survival and Excavation nodes were bumped up in difficulty for some reason, they're actually higher than the boss node.  Doesn't seem right to me.

The basic mobs on Wendell are elites from the moment you spawn in, and they deal out large amounts of damage for that area.

genlPPY.gif

Todd, on the other hand, starts at level 20 as well but the basic enemies deal far less damage.

FLZaYKZ.gif

Oberon and Excalibur.

I see I'm not the only one who noticed it too, there are too many Elites coming in and they're destroying Excavators in under 10 seconds, and it happens in the Stickney mission too. This needs a change, because nobody runs the excavation on this planet and the difficulty is making it uncompleteable for anything short of a full party from what I can tell. We even had an easier time with the Survival compared to this!

Edited by RyuDragnier

• 2 weeks later...

Phobos is secretly the hardest planet. I'm overheated for t4 in most cases but I still come back to play in phobos for a challenge. It has a higher spawn density, and perhaps rate, than most systems, and I hope that never changes.

The excavation mission however, is pretty tough without some reliable and lasting mass CC or standing defense. The place gets tougher than Triton, that's for sure.

I consider myself a bit of a veteran, with 1000+ hrs in the game and all the important mods maxed minus a few prime mods. I certainly have the right gear for the planet, but Wendell, Phobos is w/o a doubt the hardest mission on the star chart. I have no problem killing the enemies with my guns, and my tanky frames can withstand the gunfire, but the enemy shreds through excavators in seconds. I drop in the excavator, kill some enemies, grab a power cell, and... The excavator exploded before I could pop in a power cell. Thank god I finished the star chart two years ago, otherwise this would be horrible.

Sound like one of those Sortie Excavation, "Excavator instant destruction", Excavator do not have shield so you going to seriously need Nova, Trinity and Frost. Solo? By the way, Armour start off for around 100-200 are never that good, and the only good thing is de-buff on enemy.

Updating, I've completed every other Excavation in the game. Only these two on Phobos and the one for the Limbo Theorem seem to be unbalanced, I've had no problem with any other excavation using the exact same frames and setups.

Edited by RyuDragnier

• 2 weeks later...

There was excavation alert, couple of days ago, and i was on rhino, with decent radius, decent power and decent duration, to have good buff, skin and stomp. And i was dropped like crazy, because enemies teared my Iron Skin in second. It was really strange, because event in sortie mission this wasnt such hard. And we finished alert, but in process we got maybe 9 or 10 excavators destroyed, because single enemy, who can get into frost bubble, will destroy excavator in 2 seconds. Cant imagine, how lower rank players with less powerfull gear (my was Rhino Prime, 4 forma, Synoid Symulor, 5 forma and Vaykor Marelok, 5 forma), and all maxed mods) can be able to finish them. I think, its kind of bug, and DE should look into this.

Which frames?  Steel Fiber grants a big armor increase to frames like Valkyr and Frost, but little to no effect on frames like Nyx and Volt.

That said, I noticed the same thing.  The starting level range for Wendell is "20-25", whereas the starting level range for Limtoc is "16-18"... on the same planet.  Seems the Survival and Excavation nodes were bumped up in difficulty for some reason, they're actually higher than the boss node.  Doesn't seem right to me.

The basic mobs on Wendell are elites from the moment you spawn in, and they deal out large amounts of damage for that area.

genlPPY.gif

Todd, on the other hand, starts at level 20 as well but the basic enemies deal far less damage.

FLZaYKZ.gif

Thanks for putting down these gifs.

For the first gif it can be seen that the enemy is not a normal enemy for Phobos, the Frontier grineer variant is an Earth exclusive (supposedly) unit. But somehow they are in Phobos excavations. Aside from that if you meet normal Elite Arid Lancer it deals the same amount of damage than the Frontier one depicted in the gif.

For the second gif you are being hit by a normal Arid Lancer, not an Elite one.

With these 2 gifs i can say that Elite variants for Frontier and Arid Lancers have some kind of increased damage. Drekar(Uranus) variants and normal Elite Lancers dont deal that much damage at level 20 or such... Hope Frontier and Arid variants get a check to confirm our suspicions.

*snip*

I'd like to share with you the fact that this also happens while doing Syndicate Defense mission or Sorties, a few rounds after the first you still see the enemies of the same level but they deal much, MUCH more damage. I don't even know if this is intended but last time I got all my HPs taken down by ONE Elite Crewman Lv 32 using Excalibur. Indeed I tried to test it on the Simulacrum and the damage was way lower compared to the one into the mission :\

Edited by Redskull94

I'd like to share with you the fact that this also happens while doing Syndicate Defense mission or Sorties, a few rounds after the first you still see the enemies of the same level but they deal much, MUCH more damage. I don't even know if this is intended but last time I got all my HPs taken down by ONE Elite Crewman Lv 32 using Excalibur. Indeed I tried to test it on the Simulacrum and the damage was way lower compared to the one into the mission :\

Sounds like some sort of multiplier failure for extractors. I'd expect this much problems after maybe the 8th extractor, but not that early. I really hope DE looks this up soon, I still haven't fully cleared Phobos or completed the excavation for The Limbo Theorem due to this.

This should be fixed in today's Hotfix.

This should be fixed in today's Hotfix.

Rebecca have you guys looked at the invincible enemies? I first noticed it in the void where I ran into a lancer that could not be killed or CC, then I ran into that same issue on corpus I could not kill or Bladestorm or any other powers, as ran into that issue on Grineer. Not sure if these are related but these boys are taking 0 damage. It's not all enemies only a handful, not sure what causes it.