Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mad King's Clocktower, Warframe Edition.

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

I have no idea what sparked the thought of posting this, but for some reason, the Mad King's Clock Tower just came into my mind.

And I thought "Wow. That would be awesome in Warframe"

What is the Mad King's Clock Tower you might ask.

It was part of an event held in Guild Wars 2, and it was notoriously difficult. (Took me about 8 hours of non-stop trying to finally complete)

It was a vertical jumping puzzle, on a timer.

If you don't progress fast enough, the 'floor' swallows you, and you fail. If you try to jump too fast, it was pretty likely that you'd fall.

That may look easy, but it's impossible to get a feel for it without playing it.

That ~2 minute puzzle tested thousands of players' patience levels to their limits. And it was glorious.

As frustrating as it was to see my character fall again, and again, it was extremely fun, and the feeling of self-accomplishment was second to none. (in the world of video games)

Anyway, on to my idea.

The Orokin tilesets are called towers right?

So why not have a secret location, or a new map entirely, where if you activate the puzzle, something similar to the above video happens.

The Orokin tower starts getting out of control, destroying everything nearby, and the jumping puzzle begins.

If it was added to existing tilesets, the location would only spawn very rarely. And if you fall, you fail. You can't keep doing it over and over, if you fall, it teleports you outside the room, and you must wait for the rest of the team.

The reward would need to be compelling, I'll leave that up to you guys to decide.

I think this would be the perfect setup for another prime weapon/Warframe.

Complete the puzzle, you get the blueprint. (not a chance at getting it. You get it)

Other ideas.

1. Maybe a special alert. "Unstable Orokin tower found"

(Will add more to this section)

Thoughts?

*Edit*

I know that Warframe isn't really a jumping puzzle type of game.

But, this sort of thing would work quite well, you could add wall running, wall flips etc. into the puzzle.

There's plenty of possibilities.

Edited by Nugget_

'Twould be awesome. And we need better ways of acquiring blueprints anyway - something like this would be amazing.

Also, Warframe's wallrunning would make this epic. Might want to give us a way to avoid just rolling off things first though... xD

'Twould be awesome. And we need better ways of acquiring blueprints anyway - something like this would be amazing.

Also, Warframe's wallrunning would make this epic. Might want to give us a way to avoid just rolling off things first though... xD

Yep. Giving us a compelling, and very challenging way of acquiring a blueprint would be great. Much better than the "do mission, and hope for the best" way that we have at the moment. (In relation to Primes)

Agree with the wallrunning part too. That would just be phenomenal if it actually made it to the game.

definitely +1 OP

of course the void raid have a mild parkour course in the vault rooms

but we need something like the acct rank test + the vault rooms + this mad kings tower

ALL COMBINED INTO ONE

do this DE! DO IT PLEASE!!!!!

Thankyou. :)

I'm really hoping something like this is added, would be so bloody awesome.

It'd need to be really hard though. Like, really hard. It shouldn't be easy enough for someone to blast through on their first try.

Should take many tries before someone completes it succesfully.

i like the idea however since it is actual people who host the missions this would probably take way to much resources for the average player

Hmm, that's true.

Although, if a host has a good connection, there can be tonnes of enemies and objects on the screen, and other players won't really have a noticeable increase in lag.

That's just relating to enemies though, I'm not a programmer or anything, so I don't know how something like this would affect others.

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't actually thought of that.

I really like this idea but I'm not that good at ?parkour? .

The only thing I dislike you took the idea from a other game :(

There's nothing wrong with getting ideas from other games. Devs rely on doing this.

As long as they don't make a carbon copy of an idea.

I am in no way suggesting that DE make a 1:1 copy of the Mad King's Clocktower. :)

For two main reasons. One being the potential lawsuit. Two being that a 1:1 copy of the Mad King's Clocktower would be awful in Warframe, just wouldn't work.

Plus, it's not like Guild Wars 2 invented vertical, time based jumping puzzles. :)

Urghs, how I love/hate this stupid tower. :) With the Orokin Void set you guys might have noticed that we have put in more elements similar to this. This is definitely something the level designers are playing around with a lot at the moment. Let's just say the future is looking bright for all our parkour ninjas out there. ;)

Urghs, how I love/hate this stupid tower. :) With the Orokin Void set you guys might have noticed that we have put in more elements similar to this. This is definitely something the level designers are playing around with a lot at the moment. Let's just say the future is looking bright for all our parkour ninjas out there. ;)

Great news!

The stuff so far in the Orokin sets are very good.

Any chance of getting something as difficult (and awesome) as the Mad King's Clocktower? :D

You know, not soon or anything, sometime in the distant future.

I am doing an anticipatory, excited dance (which consists of sitting on my chair and typing). Whee!

But seriously, that's great news. :D

as an Asura it was realy bulls**t

if a Charr was there...you could only jump blind...you could not see yourself anymore >_<

thats why i failed it.

Took me 8 hours as an Asura to complete it. Definitely made it harder.

Started at 10am, finished at 6pm.

Still though, let's try keep this topic about my idea, rather than about Guild Wars 2 (as much as I'd like to discuss the Mad King's Clocktower)

Don't want this thread to get locked/buried due to it being de-railed :)