Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on rare component drops and singular farm spots

Zakalwe

I've read a lot of complaints from people suggesting we need a solution to farming the same boss over and over for the specfic component we require. Some people say it's taken them 100 runs with no drop, and these people are bored with farming one mission over and over. They say the solution is to spread out the drops over all the bosses.

There is a very large flaw with this suggestion:

If we do this, and each boss drops more than one component, then the chances of finding the specific component you require become even less. You could potentially farm boss for days getting every rare component but the one you need. More variety of drops = less chance of a specific drop.

We could wait until more content is added, and assign the current component to new bosses so we have more options, but until then, the only other option would be to assign rare component drops to other things aside from bosses.

For instance, perhaps we could give lockers and crates a very, very rare chance to drop rere components and blueprints. This would add to the excitement of exploration with the treasure hunter feeling you get from games such as Borderlands, and would inspire people to explore more of the environment instead of rushing through the levels.

It would also give us another option to farming bosses. And if you kept the drop rates low enough, bosses would still be seen as viable farm spots as they are still a guarantee that IF the rare component drops it is the one you need.

-

Another idea would be to implement a token system. Defeating a boss, any boss, rewards you with token(s). The harder the boss, the more you get. Rare components are added to a separate panel in the store and cost xxx tokens. The cost of these would need to be very, very high. If there is a guaranteed way to get an item, then it will need to take a long time or the store will not be seen as a viable option.

So, while this may look like a good solution at first as you WILL eventually get what you want. The time spent grinding for many will be increased.

-

What we need, imo, is suggestions like these. Areas of the game that could reward us with these components for simply playing the game and not grinding the same area over and over, but retaining the bosses as the areas that will definitely produce the results we need if the result is produced.

So, please, give some ideas that the developers could use. There's nothing worse than being smashed in the face with the RNG hammer over and over.

Cheers!

I would say what I liked most is your token system suggestion. Waiting for new content and adding it to the higher level bosses might not be that good though. I would rather see them implement a system that makes every key point (orange dot on map) be able to drop components at a slightly lower rate than the boss, while bumping up the boss drop rate a tad bit to make farming the boss still a fun option. This way, when a new area is added to the game, the area wont be on reserve for that component, and can allow for more additions to the game like warframes and weapons.

Side note: I would also like to suggest making little mini bosses on those key points on the map, so theyre not just pretty lights there and hold some significance.

Also, I wouldn't go too far to say have it randomly be dropped from containers and loot. Maybe instead of components dropping, we can get the artifacts we normally get from the "'?' alert's". These ofcourse would have extremely low drop rates, with ofcourse having tiers in rarity. Maybe reactors and catalyst as tier 4 rare, artifacts tier 3, gear as tier 2, and finally just regular class and weapon mods as tier 1. This way exploration can be optional to the grinding, but still hold some value.

Edited by ForeverUnclean

Who have a 100 runs and no components drop @@?!

The worst i had was with Mars's boss, had to run about 6 7 times to get 3 galium.

Well, this is what some say... I haven't experienced it myself. And I reckon it's a rather small percentage of people who do get his unlucky.

Still, it would be nice to privde more ways for specific drops to be attained, there's no denying running the same spot over and over gets pretty dull.

Yep, some good ideas there Tykero.

I really hope they add something more to the lockers and crates at smoe point, though. While not the focus of this thread entirley, that feeling you get from opening chest in games like borderlands really enhances exploration. Alongside your mission idea, the levels would have so much more depth and excitement to them!

hmmmm....Might slowdown the pace of the game if everyones just constantly opening every single locker in the game. Perhaps making a way to unlock some of the locked rooms, and stick some special containers in there with loot?

I don't think it would at all. Most games I play there's usaully one or two players who open all the lockers anyway, and the pace is fine when they do. The levels aren't that big, and it only takes a few seconds more per area to clear the containers.

Still, perhaps a few different colour coded lockers that act as special chest types with the small chance of a rare drop? Stick these in a few places over the map and exploration would be increased without worry about people going for every single locker/crate in the game.

I sometimes open every locker anyways because if I'm doing a mission I'm probably trying to get crafting materials, which already can occasionally drop rare materials. It's just, well, rare. Very rare. It's happened to me like once, maybe. And it's technically more efficient to just do the boss of the system and rush him over and over for his way better chances at dropping the material.

I scour every level on Earth for Rubedo, though. Cursed Rubedo.

Edited by Tykero