Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Allow "normal" Skins As Appearance Options For Vandal And Wraith Weapons

VirtualViolet

Vandal and Wraith weapons are (mostly) direct upgrades to their more ordinary counterparts with thematic aesthetics that cannot be re-tinted (other than the energy color). Vandal weapons have a shiny metalic aqua/greenish coloring, and Wraith weapons have a black and red striped look.

I have avoided using these variants due to their lack of appearance customizations, as many do not have alternate skins available to replace the aforementioned thematic appearances. Some other players may attest to similar frustrations, while still others prefer the default look of the Vandal and Wraith weapons. On behalf of those in the former camp, may I suggest the following:

Add the skins for the "normal" versions of these weapons as optional skins for the Vandal and Wraith weapons. This would require very little additional development time and would make a lot of players like myself much happier with more weapon customization options. Heck, you could even charge platinum to unlock it if you like. Sounds like a "win-win," doesn't it?

(The Quanta is my favorite weapon by far, and I want to use the functionally superior Quanta Vandal so badly, but I love my purple color scheme and hate that I can't change the Quanta Vandal's color to match. I've tried matching the Vandal's colors with my warframe(s) and other weapons, but it's not quite right and just seems so dull to me compared to my favorite color scheme.)

Although I wouldn't spend any plat to get the classic skin on a Vandal weapon, I feel like being able to change the weapon's colors would be a nice addition (keeping the aspect and the Lotus symbols).

I have suggested that before, but it got more resistance than support, so I gave up on it.

I support this, but i also think it is a matter of time, as the prime weapons we can change gold bits (not sure if it is all of them yet)...

I'm not sure that will be the case. All of the Primes that have been released since the introduction of Physics-Based Rendering have had tintable gold, but the most recent Vandal/Wraith weapons (i.e. Quanta Vandal) have not been tintable. Also, while older primes have been slowly but steadily updated with PBR and the gold made tintable, none of the Vandal/Wraith weapons have been made tintable.

Edited by VirtualViolet