Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Punished For Doing The Objective

Demon.King

So, I'm doing the rescue sortie and the hostage was stuck behind a lift and taking damage, I go back to protect him and prevent a mission fail, in the meantime the rest of the team go to extract and the timer starts. When I reach the last room with the hostage (not at extraction point) the mission ends, and surprise, no credits. (On a side note, I'm also the one who hacked and saved the hostage while the rest were busy dying...)

TY again DE for this implementation, by now I've lost millions in void due to this (on my own keys too) and now it's in sorties too...

Not that I care about the credits, but this crap "no credits if you don't run to extraction like a headless chicken" mechanic is idiotic...this is not a bug, it's an intentional mechanic supposed to punish leechers, see how that's working out...

2cNrSj3.jpg

Edited by Demon.King

wait when did they add that in? i never noticed it O-O

It's been around for a long time, just many people don't notice it since it counts as long as you're within 2 tiles or something I think?  Could use some testing but it's hard to test since you need at least two other testers to start a countdown without you.

Well that kind of stuff can happen although I think that we should be thankful that you found that there must be some kind of glitch and results are that what you have mentioned. Now all we pretty much have to do is repeat it to get DE work on it.

But if you went to extraction with the rest of the team, the mission would still have succeeded so long as the hostages bleedout timer didnt expire beforehand.

That's not a good reason against this madness, you only reinforce the 'running like a headless chicken to extraction' tactic.

Easier way to ensure the rescue target doesn't die is just to bring limbo and banish him/her. I've seen it done already, people are just gonna rush because the target literally goes down in seconds especially if its on mission 2 or 3 of the sortie.

Easier way to ensure the rescue target doesn't die is just to bring limbo and banish him/her. I've seen it done already, people are just gonna rush because the target literally goes down in seconds especially if its on mission 2 or 3 of the sortie.

banish them to the shadow realm.

Exactly why this AFK system needs to be taken out back and SHOT and Votekick needs to come in for ACTUAL leechers.

Oh?

But... Then you get even more out of hand and stupid things. Would the kick take two votes? Three? Well, if it's two, then... You get something like me and my buddy in our moods, when we'll go and troll people with dual Loki's. Instead though, we could just vote-kick them out.

And if it's three? Then what if (another friend and I example) say, I feel like 'leeching'. My buddy will then refuse to put in his third vote to kick me. So...

Try again?

Oh?

But... Then you get even more out of hand and stupid things. Would the kick take two votes? Three? Well, if it's two, then... You get something like me and my buddy in our moods, when we'll go and troll people with dual Loki's. Instead though, we could just vote-kick them out.

And if it's three? Then what if (another friend and I example) say, I feel like 'leeching'. My buddy will then refuse to put in his third vote to kick me. So...

Try again?

I wonder if people like Rheiodegen also do not eat food because it could be poisonous..

I wonder if people like Rheiodegen also do not eat food because it could be poisonous..

Its all about scale.

If you dont eat food after expiration date and prepare meals accordingly then theres really slim chance of poisoning.

You dont eat rotten food unless you absolutely must because it is actually very likely to poison you.

But when you have system which would 100% guarantee be abused, then you avoid it.

And when it comes to punishment im really in favor of blackstone's formulation.

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

Edited by Davoodoo

Oh?

Try again?

Compromise: Votekick only becomes available when AFK timer allows it to (but the timer has no other effects). Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

Compromise: Votekick only becomes available when AFK timer allows it to (but the timer has no other effects).

Tbh im not even sure it would help.

Even if you kick someone then no one else can join past 5waves/mins.

You would exchange someone who does nothing for empty slot which again doesnt help.

Unless de changes mind about restricting ppl from exploiting then kicking will be basically about punishing ppl out of spite.

Which is a pretty annoying mechanic in and of itself. I see no reason I shouldn't be able to invite my friends if a slot is open, so long as they only gain whatever rewards are earned after they join.

You cant because then you could bypass rotations you dont want and get into rotations you want.

Like i said, de is hellbent on locking up rewards and it creates most of the problems this game got.

That's not a good reason against this madness, you only reinforce the 'running like a headless chicken to extraction' tactic.

Finishing a mission fast isnt a 'headless chicken' tactic. Its sound decision-making based on the fact that the rescue idiot will barely have half the durability of any other npc in the mission (with few exceptions) and has all the self-preservation instinct of a Powerfist.

You cant because then you could bypass rotations you dont want and get into rotations you want.

Like i said, de is hellbent on locking up rewards and it creates most of the problems this game got.

Only if you have someone willing to invite you at the rotation you want. I don't feel that's going to massively alter RNG.

Finishing a mission fast isnt a 'headless chicken' tactic. Its sound decision-making based on the fact that the rescue idiot will barely have half the durability of any other npc in the mission (with few exceptions) and has all the self-preservation instinct of a Powerfist.

Rescue target: "Give me a weapon, I have a score to settle"

Me: "Like hell I'm going to let you Leroy-rush a Scorch with the sidearm I'm leveling. If you have time to aim, then you have time to run, so run!"

Only if you have someone willing to invite you at the rotation you want. I don't feel that's going to massively alter RNG.

Tell that to de, their excuse for introducing "mission completed" invite prevention was "ppl were inviting ppl just before extraction".

Tell that to de, their excuse for introducing "mission completed" invite prevention was "ppl were inviting ppl just before extraction".

Which is worse, in your opinion? That, or carrying someone who isn't even participating or is too low level for the content in the first place?

I just don't see how it's so bad. "Ooo! We're about to hit rotation C! Better invite my friend since we have a slot open!" 

"Great, thanks for the Forma BP bud."

Which is worse, in your opinion? That, or carrying someone who isn't even participating or is too low level for the content in the first place?

I just don't see how it's so bad. "Ooo! We're about to hit rotation C! Better invite my friend since we have a slot open!" 

"Great, thanks for the Forma BP bud."

Why do you ask me?? ask de, its their idea not mine...