Photo

Playstation 4 & Warframe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
973 replies to this topic

#1 Staff DERebecca

DERebecca

Overlord

• Administrator
  • 3915 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Today we announced some huge news – Warframe is going to be a Launch Title for the PlayStation 4! Yes, our little dream project that was in Closed Beta 8 months ago, Open Beta 3 months ago, and now will be launching on a next-generation console.

Our players made this possible... your support, passion and dedication to Warframe. When Sony reached out to us we realized our players had opened up paths we never thought we would see as an independent developer.

We’ve always been a company that had a few projects on the go. As other projects have ended, and we have seen Warframe grow, we have decided to dedicate every resource we have as a company to making Warframe live up to its potential. That means many new minds and fingers have joined the team, eager to add to Warframe.

All the faces you’ve come to know remain dedicated to this project, the PS4 team is made of new faces that we hope to introduce everyone to in the coming months.

We can’t say much more now because we’re sworn to Sony Secrecy, but we will show what we can about the progress of PS4 Warframe over the coming months.

Next week, a handful of us will be going to E3 to generate excitement about this, but it’ll be business as usual back at home (aka fixing RNG and addressing the needs of our players)!

We will inform you every step of the way, Tenno!

Edit: D'oh! Here is a link to the IGN article: http://ca.ign.com/ar...e-coming-to-ps4

Edit 2: A relevant post from DE_Steve!

https://forums.warfr...frame/?p=613477

The new video isn't up yet, damnit! I was hoping you guys would check it out at the same time. Some thoughts after reading responses:

-Account cross-over is technically possible (but Sony's call).
-They allowed some cross-platform play on PS3, it is possible (again Sony's call, also subject to update rhythm).
-PC is the 'lead' for development and update schedules. If PS4 release schedules are slower, PC will march ahead (they will not have to update in tandem).
-PS4 seems awesome so far.
-PC is awesome. It is our lifeblood.
-I spent a huge chunk of the day today in the 'season one' Warframe story meeting, it is definitely coming and its great (and hints are in the new trailer!).
-We're doing this because its a chance to grow into a different type of market. It definitely creates more problems, I agree, but it will only make the game stronger for all platforms.

Edit 3: Check out the latest Trailer released today as well! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=r2RR6KBlcs8

#2 sushidubya

sushidubya

Silver Tiger

• Grand Master
  • 6164 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Holy cow! Great work DE!!! :)

Will our PC accts link over? Will we all play together?

Edited by sushidubya, 04 June 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#3 KvotheTheArcane1

KvotheTheArcane1

Silver Tiger

• Hunter
  • 6061 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Will there be any exclusives for the PS4 version? Because I'd really hate that tbh (not everyone has the money to buy a new console :P), but understand why (edit) there would be exclusives for the PS4 version

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1, 04 June 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#4 MetalGerbil

MetalGerbil

Eagle

• Grand Master
  • 2337 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

congrat!

its a great system. first console i plan to buy in a very long time.

edit: reaction to video.

cool boss dude dies noooooooo.

cool boss dude lives yessssssss.

Edited by MetalGerbil, 04 June 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#5 Staff DERebecca

DERebecca

Overlord

• Administrator
  • 3915 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Holy cow! Great work DE!!! :)

Will our PC accts link over? Will we all play together?

Great questions, will be taking notes and answering when we can!

#6 MacKillicutty

MacKillicutty

Gold Initiate

• PC Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

wow congrats!!!!

#7 Krotalon

Krotalon

Silver Hunter

• Disciple
  • 919 posts

Consoles? Oh god. :U

#8 Farren

Farren

Seeker

• Hunter
  • 570 posts

I have seen many cases were successful PC games that go over to consoles will actually lose a lot of fan support that were PC players. We will see how this goes.

#9 fishworshipper

fishworshipper

Middle Master

• Hunter
  • 2664 posts

Oh no....

I doubt this will end well.

#10 HyperLlama

HyperLlama

Initiate

• PC Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

IMHO, PC version is the thing you might want to keep alive over console play. For you and the players.

#11 Squishei

Squishei

Initiate

• Hunter
  • 5 posts

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it! 

#12 Kroul

Kroul

Silver Seeker

• Grand Master
  • 634 posts

Im not sure how i feel about this.

I hope for the best though and hope it will not impact PC players in a negative fashion (Highly doubt it will)

#13 TraumaHunter

TraumaHunter

Gold Hunter

• Disciple
  • 1011 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

How will this affect PC users?

You are adding new staff I see which is awesome.. But will the PC end be losing staff?

Will the PC end now be limited to the updates of the consoles?  (IE: waiting till the PS4 patch gets approved before releasing PC  patches because of the paperwork/ "patches need to be released at the same time".)

This is both awesome and worrying at the same time for PC gamers.

#14 Mr.Pava

Mr.Pava

Silver Hunter

• Disciple
  • 905 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

wooow D:

I'm like so proud i helped :O :O :O

Great work guys, great work founders and great work every other tester in the game that helped a little bit to this to happen ^^

#15 TouchMyDiction

TouchMyDiction

Silver Initiate

• Grand Master
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

SO! Good job. NOt to be sarcastic or anything, but is WF-PC gonna be closed..... I Spent over 400$ on it D=

#16 Rezagrats

Rezagrats

Silver Initiate

• Pupil
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

oh good. Consolers will receive a gimped version. Reminds me of how Minecraft went to console/handheld with a scummy version.

#17 Liandra

Liandra

Gold Disciple

• Grand Master
  • 406 posts

I don't really know yet whether I like this or not, but I guess it's a good thing for the company since consoles are the bigger market. As long as PS4 development doesn't negatively affect Warframe,(Please don't give us a clunky console interface or stuff like that)I guess it's alright, but I still don't quite like the idea. Still congratulations though, since this is a great step forward for Warframe, I guess.

#18 SaintLucifer

SaintLucifer

Silver Hunter

• Grand Master
  • 988 posts

Hope we don't end as some consolized port to accommodate for PS4 limitations.

#19 Nerokerubina

Nerokerubina

Seeker

• PC Member
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Will PC and PS4 players be able to play with one another?

#20 NoirProxy

NoirProxy

Gold Disciple

• Master
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'll be getting a PS4 and if we are able to cross play our accounts then I am in full support of this.