Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full Spy Guide

MystMan

Question

I made a Steam guide that covers Spy missions to their fullest.  After noticing how many, MANY people seem to struggle with it despite using stealth frames, this was truly necessary to make to teach the very basics on how to do Spy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587545211

Steam users can view it directly.  If seen through an internet browser and the videos don't show, your security settings are blocking external embedded videos.

For Chrome, click on the shield and tell it to allow loading anyway.

7uYMvbK.png

12 answers to this question

Very nice guide. I'm still watching your videos and already seen 1 or 2 paths I didn't know about before.

For the sake of completeness I would like to mention something I noticed missing:

4-6) Cables, Cables Everywhere!

There is a console near the 3rd regulator's patrol path that will charge and activate the cannon next to it that will blow open the door and destroy the energy fields. It does set off the alarms, and the panel is labeled as such, however it is a possible entrance if you don't care about stealth. This could be an alternative route maybe just for Sorties (maybe 2 people, one inside console room already?) if you're worried about setting off the alarm anyway while hacking the other 2 panels. Wasn't sure if you left it off because it's not stealthy, but it's an alternative that could be useful to some as I've seen a number of recent posts regarding Grineer console hacking.

Edit: It does take a while to charge up which counts against the Data Destruction timer, so I'm not sure how much time would be left on the clock to hack the terminal depending on difficulty.

Edited by Maicael

Yeah, I know about the cannon.  I left it out because it counts as a tripped alarm. The point of spy is to not trip it, I don't understand why they even put that in the game. Chapter 4-6 route 2 gets you inside the console room faster without tripping the alarm.