Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying To Send Message Locks Up Controller?

(XBOX)EvilZANDER X

So ever since the new update sometimes when I go to type a message and the keyboard pops up I got to start moving the cursor with the D-pad to start to type and it stops responding. I have to use my SmartGlass app and play with it to get the option for it to register that there is a keyboard option open to try and type a message to resume playing.  After fighting with the app to type and send I can then continue to play however it causes my xbox controller's home button to stop responding.  I have to do a system reset holding the power button for 10 seconds to enable the home button to work again.  Just turning off the xbox without doing the system reset will not fix the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that are experiencing this issue, can you please answer a few questions:

1) Do you have a USB keyboard or Xbox Chatpad plugged in?

2) If no, does plugging one in fix the problem?

3) Do you have any other device plugged into the Xbox One like a Guitar Hero guitar? (If yes, please unplug and see if the issue remains)

4) Does this issue only occur when trying to type in Warframe?

5) Are you part of the Xbox One Preview Program?

We have seen this reported in other games, and believe it to be an Xbox related issue. If you have run out of resolution options to try, please contact Microsoft Support: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3vpu2b/tech_xbox_keyboard_keeps_freezing/

1)when this happens to me i dont have any keyboard plugged in

2) i havent tried plugging one in to see if it fixes the problem but the only thing that does fix it is a hard reset 

3) nothing else is plugged into the console

4) yes this issue only occurs in warframe trying to type into one of the servers

5) i am part of the preview program