Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Missions Are The Most Awful-Est Thing For Me.

Aerothorne

I know that this is a bug reporting thread, and we're trying to be serious about stuff here, but it is my belief that this bug deserves some honor for how unspeakably evil it is, so gather 'round fellow Tenno, because I have the tale to regale you with today. This is the tale of how Excavation missions ruin the entirety of my ability to play this game.

So this persisted a while back since I got back into the game about a year or so ago. Back then it was just funny cause I could avoid them. But now that I'm back into the game, after getting an alert for a Tower 4 Defense key, my friend and I decided to plunge back into the thick of things in an Excavation on Phobos. We thought we'd have fun and get an easy key, cause my friend is super overpowered. Little did we know what exactly we were dropping into.

The level for the enemies was put around 20-25 in this alert (Going off memory here, if anyone knows for sure this alert was on 1/19/2016 around 9:00 PM on Opik, Phobos). Imagine an excavation mission like normal, but with triple enemy spawns and they deal quad damage. Whenever an excavator dropped, it died in an average of 15 seconds because the enemies could kill it that fast. I'm fairly certain 6 seconds is the current record for them. My friend brought his Tigris, which easily one-shots enemies at that level. These guys? They didn't. We died. A lot. I could only live by spamming Valkyr's ultimate, because the only good thing I can say about this is that there are so many enemies that they drop a lot of energy. When they don't though?

BAD.

TIMES.

And the craziest part? This only happens when I play an Excavation mission. When somebody else goes into an excavation mission without me, it's all normal. As soon as I join, everything gets turned up to 10 and we can't do anything to our enemies.

In the end, my friend and I managed to beat it after several downings, several destroyed excavators and a LOT of corpses. We got 500 Cryotic and we got away with the key. But my god. This can't keep happening. And I know that this probably seems like a load of crap. I can see how it does. And if you want me to provide proof that this is happening, I'll gladly provide video footage of this in action (I just don't have it right now cause I'm dumb and didn't record it at first). But this has to stop. This post is my plea of help. To the Warframe staff....

PLEASE.

HELP ME.

TL;DR Excavation missions are my Sorties.

Real TL;DR Excavation missions end up spawning far too many enemies that are too strong for their level, making them too hard to feasibly complete. This only happens to my account, and causes any excavation mission I'm in to become insanely difficult.