Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skirtless Trin Option? Belts/skirts As Attachments?

motorfirebox

I actually really liked the skirtless Strega Trinity model they showed on yesterday's devstream. What about turning skirts/belts into a hip attachment, similar to the shoulders/chest/legs attachments? For instance, there could be samurai-style haidate, or long sashes with trailing cloth, etcetera. 

Samurai_putting_on_haidate.png61Oy44pEUiL._UY550_.jpg346_1370620473_1.jpg

I have been waiting for this option since trinity was released (so since forever) and i just hope it will be an option. Sadly, there was mentioning about it never happening because it is the designer's choice.

Yet i do hope, that people wishes will be heard. Gotta stay determined.

Yes, we NEED this as an option, the Dress causes so much clipping, We KNOW there is a model under the dress, so why not let us see it / use it?

This could also be carried over to other frames, Such as Banshee's odd armour piece.

Please let this be optional, (I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of dresses in this game, Clips with syandana's really badly.). I WOULD get the new Trinity skin, but the only thing putting me off is the stupid dress that comes with it, Looks out of place and far too bulky, I know some people like it but PLEASE make it optional since there is a model without it (You guys showed it to us). Options are always better instead of being forced to have something on a skin that should work like a cosmetic item.

Edited by Latiac

No. It is too much unnecessary work they would have to do to put it in. With attachments like that being removable each frame loses their uniqueness and end up looking like a variation of Mag. Sorry but it won't happen.

No. It is too much unnecessary work they would have to do to put it in. With attachments like that being removable each frame loses their uniqueness and end up looking like a variation of Mag. Sorry but it won't happen.

Exactly

Look at Nemesis Nyx skin and that tailbone, it's part of its design. People made posts like this waaaaay back and it never happened.

Just saying, very doubtful it will ever happen.

Edited by KJRenz

Exactly

Look at Nemesis Nyx skin and that tailbone, it's part of its design. People made posts like this waaaaay back and it never happened.

Just saying, very doubtful it will ever happen.

The codex is showing us a different model of the skin without the skirt, so the model does indeed exist, why not let us use it?

The difference here is Nyx Nemesis was modelled with the tailbone built onto the frame. as part of the character. It's clear the developers built the trinity model, then the dress and added it on, like an attatchment but with no option to remove.

Edited by Latiac

Like others have said, taking Trinity's skirt off will make her look like generic human in bodysuit.  A lot of people don't seem to notice but all the frames have different silhouette so you can tell who's using what frame quickly even if they are far away.  I'm pretty sure that's the designer's intention--to have easily distinguishable silhouette.  By taking away the skirt, you lose that silhouette.  

Also, Trinity with skirt is how the designer envisioned how she looks like. She isn't supposed to NOT have the skirt.  I actually think without the skirt, you see a weirdness of the design--her top is too human looking while her legs are too mechanical.  The skirt help ties the entire look together so without it, Trinity looks like two very different styles stitched together.  With that said, I like the final released skin better than the initial drawing/design.  The drawing makes Trinity way too human looking with her feet cut off.  At least the change in legs give it a bit more of the usual Warframe art style even though the original drawing is not from a WF designer.

Yup, exactly.