Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lots Of Random Crashes After U18

Gabbynaru

Hello, and sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Here's the thing. I have almost 850 hours in this game. I love it to death. Been playing it since a little while after it went into open beta. But not once have I encountered this many crashes.

Did the game crash before? Yes, it did. Once, maybe, every few hotfixes, which were then followed quickly by other hotfixes that got rid of the crashes. It wasn't annoying though.

After U18 (and particularly since 18.3), the game crashes so constantly, I can flip a coin and it will tell me if it will crash or not.

There's no particular thing that causes the game to crash. I can play solo, I can play with other players, I can play with Loki, I can play with Zephyr, I can use the Opticor or I can use the Dex Dakra, I can have the primary/secondary/melee/sentinel/sentinel weapon all equipped, or I can only have one of those equipped, I can play on Mercury or I can play the Void, I can play Exterminate or I can play Excavation, the game doesn't have any constant that I can identify which might cause it to crash. It's getting worse by the day. And it only happens while IN MISSION. It's so freakin' annoying...

I have verified and optimized the cache on the launcher, I even verified the cache on steam and redownloaded 8 gigs, the game still crashes... heck, even worse than before actually. At least yesterday, I crashed 4 times in 16 hours, today I crashed 4 times in 2 hours.

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

CPU Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx 300

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB

RAM: 2x 8GB Kingston Fury Blue

Mobo: AsRock 960gm-vgs3 fx

Case: Zalman Z3 Plus (with 4x 120mm fans)

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG-SI

GPU Driver Version: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1

Game Options:

Display Mode: Full Screen

Video Resolution: 1366x768

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Vertical Sync: Off

Max Framerate: No Limit

Runtime Tesselation: On

Local Reflections: On (most of the time, I turn it off while in the Void cause massive frame drops for whatever reason)

High Dynamic Range: On

Adaptive Exposure: On

Glare: On

Ambient Occlusion: Off

Geometry Detail: High

Particle System Quality: High

Shadow Quality: High

Texture Memory: High

Anisotropic Filterting: 4X

Anti-Aliasing: High (SMAA)

Depth of Field: Off

Motion Blur: Off

Bloom: Off

Color Correction: On

Dynamic Lighting: On

Character Shadows: On

Constant Weapons Trail: Off

Weapon Elemental FX: On

With those settings, it usually stays above 60 FPS easily, except in the void.

Hope someone can help me figure out what's wrong. Thank you for your time!

Just a head up, after U18, Dev in Stream mention about possible fix for lightning.

Many thing of graphic is overclocking and several graphic setting.

Try to play one lower resolution (1200x1000), yes the game do look awesome. But, consider other graphics spec might add to the crash when the graphic get tough. Second Dream quest for example demand more graphic, while 2 GB is awesome today, that might expire decade later.

Good Luck, and try to take care of your self, family and machines.

Edited by DesFrSpace

• 2 weeks later...

after update 18, my game instead of crashing it always stops responding when host is migrating or when the game loads for a long time before missions, and most of the time when I play warframe, it kept on restarting and going back to the login screen, plus everytime I complete a mission and after going back to the liset, I am unable to use any of the consoles like the navigation and market, and the game automatically kicks me out of the squad and I only know that after the game starts functioning properly and when I can use the consoles again.