Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Baro Ki'teer Gone?

Axacution

Cheers mate.

Derped.

It was in the thread I just linked from.

On the PS4@4 stream today, Drew said Baro would continue on console and hopefully they'll have figured out what to do with him by the time console reaches the point PC was at, and that hopefully for consoles there will be no interruption of him.  He also encouraged feedback about the void trader.  That bit was during the Pluto Interception mission.  Prior to Danielle going all Wanted on her keyboard.

Word is Baro will return at a future time, but there are no other details right now.

I really do hope so.  I never really had a problem with him.  If he didn't have something I wanted I just wouldn't buy anything and have more Ducats for later.  And I missed out on the Primed Eos left spur.

Edited by Shoelip

"It would seem nobody truly knows they want a thing until you threaten to take it away."

Executor Ballas

I missed out on a large number of his wares. Been having to buy them with plat as I'm a collector but some I just can't. I'm pretty pissed about this tbh, because the only reason they removed him was because of a group of entitled loud mouths. Now rather than looking forward to repeat wares, I have nothing except another "may return in the future". I'm feel like I'm being punished because of this BS. Honestly, I kinda hate these people. Do you realize how selfish you are? It's good that he's gone? Screw you. I had health problems and missed out and you celebrate it? Now we all get to wait 2 weeks for nothing.

I missed out on a large number of his wares. Been having to buy them with plat as I'm a collector but some I just can't. I'm pretty pissed about this tbh, because the only reason they removed him was because of a group of entitled loud mouths. Now rather than looking forward to repeat wares, I have nothing except another "may return in the future". I'm feel like I'm being punished because of this BS. Honestly, I kinda hate these people. Do you realize how selfish you are? It's good that he's gone? Screw you. I had health problems and missed out and you celebrate it? Now we all get to wait 2 weeks for nothing.

You should hate baro then, because you have to spend plats to get the mods and prisma weapons, this is rediculous

Die baro ki teer, and never come back :)

My guess: they're going to let consoles catch up and then plan out his stuff far out in advance enough that the offerings can stay the same on all platforms when he comes back.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up offering more than 3 different items at a time, although probably never more than a couple brand new ones.

I doubt it'd go like that. unless the update in which they intend on bringing baro back is released along side the console update (or if it somehow gets sneaked into the previous console update) they will stay out of sync.

You should hate baro then, because you have to spend plats to get the mods and prisma weapons, this is rediculous

Die baro ki teer, and never come back :)

"I quite liked getting Baro's stuff, and now I can't complete my collection. If he was removed because toxic players kept getting overhyped and then starting trouble when their expectations weren't met, then I'm really annoyed at those players for reacting in such a childish way."

"Yeah, I bet you really hate Baro for how his stuff can only be gotten through trading with players now. Baro's the problem. I hate him so much too. He should die and never come back."

You realise that this is not a remotely logical exchange, or rather, not a remotely logical reply.

"I quite liked getting Baro's stuff, and now I can't complete my collection. If he was removed because toxic players kept getting overhyped and then starting trouble when their expectations weren't met, then I'm really annoyed at those players for reacting in such a childish way."

"Yeah, I bet you really hate Baro for how his stuff can only be gotten through trading with players now. Baro's the problem. I hate him so much too. He should die and never come back."

You realise that this is not a remotely logical exchange, or rather, not a remotely logical reply.

If you love to be trolled and to buy useless items for incredible amount of ducats, this is your problem, not mine, no baro ki teer = no more rage

The no lifes have all the items, but when you take a break, you have to pay the no life with huge amount of platinums

No thanks, gtfo baro.

I prefer this than being trolled by DE trough baro ki teer

If you love to be trolled and to buy useless items for incredible amount of ducats, this is your problem, not mine, no baro ki teer = no more rage

The no lifes have all the items, but when you take a break, you have to pay the no life with huge amount of platinums

No thanks, gtfo baro.

Right....but this isn't a problem with Baro Ki'Teer. It's a problem with your emotional response to Baro Ki'Teer. No-one, either at DE or among the rest of the playerbase, did anything to force you to get overly excited about the Void Trader, and then wildly disappointed when his wares didn't meet your expectations.

All you ever had to do was spend a minute ever two weeks to check in and see if what he had was something which you were interested in. He brought really cool stuff every couple of months, and in between those occasions, he brought quirky stuff which not everybody wanted.

I say again: if a faction of players are absolutely seething over the fact that an optional trader bringing optional items doesn't have the really top tier amazing stuff every time he comes, the problem is with the players, not with the trader. Have some patience, and go play some games.

what about his drops... his primed mods... and such...will we be able to assassinate him as we have always wanted in relay we could use his ducat kiosks to trade primed parts for ducats and when we get say.... 100 ducats... we can buy an assassination key that leads to a node on a relay where he used to show.... then using his normal showup schedule.... we could go and kill him and get one or 2 primed mods or primed items... wepons.. and so on.. like vor..captain vor and corrupted vor from his showing up on mercury phobos and the t4 void towers.... he has the potential to drop items other than mods.... and he can drop mods 2....particularly a couple wepons...on mercury.. and on weapon on phobos...his sword and grineer orokin hybrid pistole from one... and the twin gremlans from the other... same principle with baro...only we don't succeed in killing him he just bargans his way out of death.... and cause we cant say s**t about it cause we still have SOME honor... we take what he offers in trade for his life.. what we get will be dependent of how many assassination keys we bought and a small drop chance table.... his drop table pertaining to items hed show up with on each realy visit from across the months...on the weekends hed have on table...that would switch up upon what used to be his relay visits leaving and entering relay...like February has 2 drop tables.... and when I first saw baro.... I got one item.. primed continuity.... this was back in my noob days (last year somewhere between January and febuary...) so that would be on now... accompanied by whatever else was on at that time.... then the other time hed visit in that month....hed have another drop table.... and possibly regardless of the chances of him dropping anyone item... or what number of ducats you spent on the key to get a special amount of the thing.... youd get the possibility of getting ALL HIS DROPS......just by having a specially expensive key.... spend prolly...500 (maximum of course.. wouldn't want another gammer rage quit and rant)....oon that key... youd have a gaurenteed loot of ALL THE CRAP HE DROPS.... ALL OF IT but youd need 500 ducats

Right....but this isn't a problem with Baro Ki'Teer. It's a problem with your emotional response to Baro Ki'Teer. No-one, either at DE or among the rest of the playerbase, did anything to force you to get overly excited about the Void Trader, and then wildly disappointed when his wares didn't meet your expectations.

All you ever had to do was spend a minute ever two weeks to check in and see if what he had was something which you were interested in. He brought really cool stuff every couple of months, and in between those occasions, he brought quirky stuff which not everybody wanted.

I say again: if a faction of players are absolutely seething over the fact that an optional trader bringing optional items doesn't have the really top tier amazing stuff every time he comes, the problem is with the players, not with the trader. Have some patience, and go play some games.

Thank god someone understands this, the hype train is a player driven engine afterall. DE does nothing but tell us when Baro is coming and attempt to bring new items into the game. Also, a rather basic concept anyone who plays adventure games should understand is the fact that traders don't always have good items. It's just a part of the game, traders aren't warriors who can fight to get the absolute best of everything all the time. Besides, if you don't want the item don't buy it, plain and simple.

what about his drops... his primed mods... and such...will we be able to assassinate him as we have always wanted in relay we could use his ducat kiosks to trade primed parts for ducats and when we get say.... 100 ducats... we can buy an assassination key that leads to a node on a relay where he used to show.... then using his normal showup schedule.... we could go and kill him and get one or 2 primed mods or primed items... wepons.. and so on.. like vor..captain vor and corrupted vor from

[snip]

May I suggest allocating some of the periods used in those ellipses towards ending complete sentences?

It would help people understand your idea better. It might also be a good idea to place posts like this in the Fan Concepts subforum.

Edited by Nitresco

I really enjoyed Baro, good or bad, it always gave me a reason to log on during weekends.

However, if he's being removed from the game (for now?),

I'd hope to see him have one big blowout party where he sells EVERYTHING he has ever had in stock for a week or so.

There's a few armor pieces and mods I might have missed and I'd love a second, or third chance, to stock up on them.

I was only just getting accustomed to Baro's schedule now that I'm actually far enough along in the game to be interested in his offerings, and now he's not going to show up? I hope there is a neat story woven into this, and not just a sudden removal because DE is finally fed up with people hating on them every time he shows up with things they don't want to buy.

Given this news, his offering of potatoes and boosters seems like a sort of last hurrah and a chance for people to spend their ducats before he went MIA. 'I'm sure I'll have something you'll want next time.' were the words he said as I left, empty-handed, because I had a surplus of what he was offering already. Whenever next time arrives, I hope he will give me another chance to buy things I missed out on, now that I actually might be able to use them. I don't want to buy them from trading. Not at the excessive prices they go for.