Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers Still Need Love.....

Bizzaro21

hey there Devs and Tenno,

if u ask me, sniper rework wasn`t even close to fixing their downs, all it did is reduce noscope`s power and buff (pathetically) scoped shots...

what I suggest to make them really top tier:

Damage values: honestly I`m surprised they didn`t get a boost, all they got was 20% dmg on highest scope, considering their base values are low compared to their DPS, I think a flat boost to base damage should`ve been included, like shotguns

Critical chance & damage: now after more testing I`m definitely inclined that snipers should be crit based, because they simply have only one shot at a time, long time between shot and another (relatively), it should be worth it, and as of now, only the crit ones don`t suck (lanka and Rubico)

and even lore-wise, a bigass caliber should do critical damage, more often and deadly than an automatic rifle at least (cough soma cough)

Headshots: shouldn`t a headshot from the biggest caliber in the game be always lethal or at least more lethal than other guns? maybe buff headshot multiplier to x4 or something

Punch Through: like, really? almost every single shooter game I know has punch through on snipers, even android shooters ._. and for a good reason, lore wise, snipers are the heaviest caliber u can get, shouldn`t they punch through walls? (considering arrows can, why can`t a sniper)

Utilities: some of them could`ve used utility buffs as well, Vulkar and snipetron for example have a horrid reload time with low mag size, a reload reduction could`ve been a nice touch on them

Dedicated mods: they could`ve as well used their own set of mods, focusing on utilities that are exclusive to them, example?

-Heat vision on scope

-X ray vision on scope

-increased scope bonuses

and stuff like that....

Innate suppressors: because it seems a bit awkward to have a one shot weapon useless at stealth-ing stuff, also as far as I know, a pro sniper should go undetected(notice this is to be just a statistical thing, you still hear it as it is right now, but enemies aren`t alerted by it)

Nullifiers: they made all one shot guns even more useless, make them able to hit only the nullifier through the shield

[note: credit to ninjamander for this one]

On 1/29/2016 at 3:02 PM, Ninjamander said:

-able to destroy the nullifier shield in one shot and possibly kill it in the same time.

Kill animations: this isn`t really important, but I thought it would be cool to have a unique death animation for them such as some splattering on the target, or a special animation as they drop dead, like shotguns got that hilarious ragdoll, because it feels quite lame to have no forceful death animation on them

that`s pretty much all I got...... for now..

if u have any more ideas please post them

~cheers

Edited by Bizzaro21
fixed a ton of typos

My biggest problem with the sniper rework is the damage bonus based on the zoom level.

I know that RNGesus works in mysterious space-magic-y ways, and that suspension of disbelief is crucial for this game to not become utter nonsense, but this is really pushing it.

What is happening here? Does the gun load a bigger charge behind the bullet when you zoom in more?!

Totally agree

glad to hear that

All the snipers have their own gimmick, Volkar has more time on combo counter, vectus can utilize primed/ charged chamber. the snipers are in a good place just need to keep up your combo counter. like the idea of different scopes tho.

which is not enough, they all suck ATM, no exceptions, I tried my best vulkar build for corpus survival, it stopped killing at level 50 or so, tried my Vectis p Grineer build, epic fail as well, meanwhile,assault rifles and shotguns last way further, and are more effective....

i'd agree to what you said but personally i think that first and foremost they should be accurate for a start, the sway it's unbearable and the accuracy when not scoped is horrifying

they are, sort of, but noscope is terrible that`s for sure

My biggest problem with the sniper rework is the damage bonus based on the zoom level.

I know that RNGesus works in mysterious space-magic-y ways, and that suspension of disbelief is crucial for this game to not become utter nonsense, but this is really pushing it.

What is happening here? Does the gun load a bigger charge behind the bullet when you zoom in more?!

logically it does suck, but gameplay wise it`s fine, what is killing me is that it`s annoying to use highest scope for only a puny 20% more damage from an already low value, a flat base damage buff would`ve been way better than this though

Agree'd. This is a fast pace game where most incounters are close to medium range, so sniper rifles do feel clucky and out of place. Sniper rifles should be rewarding for players who play at range or differently and they will never out kill a fully automatic rifle due to there slow fire rate. Slow firing heavy caliber rifles should feel like they pack one hell of a punch and should have punch through built in. "See, I would use a sniper rifle but they dont hit that hard, they don't feel that rewarding to use and I can kill a bunch of enemies twice as fast with this braton prime or tonkor''. 

Edited by (PS4)lydon123

-hips accuracy need to be reverted and sway

-all sniper should have some native punch-through

-able to destroy the nullifier shield in one shot and possibly kill it in the same time. If de find this too <op> for some reason, check the last one

-the scope highlight enemy weakness similar to banshee sonar, rewarding player with more lethal shot. The weakness could be also show on the nullifier, giving a chance to one shot them?

My opinion, the reload time should stay the same, if you care that much for the combo, we got new mods (or call bandaid for some) to help with it. I think a sniper should reward carefull shot over quick scope, but this is just me. The snipertron series could use a massive buff or the ability to equip the syndicate Vulkar mod at least.

Agree'd. This is a fast pace game where most incounters are close to medium range, so sniper rifles do feel clucky and out of place. Sniper rifles should be rewarding for players who play at range or differently and they will never out kill a fully automatic rifle due to there slow fire rate. Slow firing heavy caliber rifles should feel like they pack one hell of a punch and should have punch through built in. "See, I would use a sniper rifle but they dont hit that hard, they don't feel that rewarding to use and I can kill a bunch of enemies twice as fast with this braton prime or tonkor''. 

exactly my motive to post this mate

-able to destroy the nullifier shield in one shot and possibly kill it in the same time.

-the scope highlight enemy weakness similar to banshee sonar, rewarding player with more lethal shot. The weakness could be also show on the nullifier, giving a chance to one shot them?

I`m adding the nulli one shot to OP

however, the weakness highlight might be a bit too much, as headies (in OP) would deal a ton of damage, so a body area being boosted as well would be a bit too much, also FPS issues with all these weakspots on screen with scoping

All the snipers have their own gimmick, Volkar has more time on combo counter, vectus can utilize primed/ charged chamber.

that`s more like passives, and u can`t judge a gun for being able to use a mod better than others, especially if that mod is highly unobtainable...

they can`t scale well, they are slow and don`t compensate for that by DPShot, can`t see how they are in a good spot TBH..

Punch trough then needs to be considered for all low mag size semi auto guns not just snipers

and why is that? semi autos are not the thing under rework for one, and also they have other good things to them, u can no scope at the very least, not to mention that semi autos have 540 ammo while snipers have only 72, and share with explosive secondaries while other semis don`t, snipers pick ammo at 10 while semis do at 20, rifle ammo is way more common than sniper ammo

argument is invalid

Pretty sure Argon Scope was meant to target snipers.... in the end, every freaking crit rifle abuses it better than the sniper.

Next time DE releases such a powerful mod, should keep it to snipers.

Imagine if the Vulkar could have such powerful headshots with this mod dammit. 

Pretty sure Argon Scope was meant to target snipers.... in the end, every freaking crit rifle abuses it better than the sniper.

ikr, in all methods of comparisons, rifles outperform snipers not a little, but with miles apart....

and why is that? semi autos are not the thing under rework for one, and also they have other good things to them, u can no scope at the very least, not to mention that semi autos have 540 ammo while snipers have only 72, and share with explosive secondaries while other semis don`t, snipers pick ammo at 10 while semis do at 20, rifle ammo is way more common than sniper ammo

Same basic concept low clip size extremely long reload speeds with limited amount of space of mods after crits are taken into account pocket snipers qol change more than anything

argument is invalid

Same basic concept low clip size extremely long reload speeds with limited amount of space of mods after crits are taken into account pocket snipers qol change more than anything

argument is invalid

I don`t even get what u want to say

Ya. I use that mod in Amprex...it's more broken now. Only Red Crits+Volt Shield+Bladed Rounds+Headshot=Broken.

Ya. I use that mod in Amprex...it's more broken now. Only Red Crits+Volt Shield+Bladed Rounds+Headshot=Broken.

I might wanna try this out with soma....

Fair enough just would like a qol change get to all semis across the board if snipers are in consideration for innate punchthrough

while I understand your reasons, I think semis are in a good place now (with exceptions ofc, Grinlok is one) at least they can get u through a mission relatively quick and smooth... snipers are just hard and unrewarding to use....

-Added Innate Suppressors to the list

Gonna say this - the long thing at the end of the barrel on a sniper rifle isn't usually a suppressor IRL, most of the time it's a heat extractor. Installed to help the barrel cool down quicker and therefore lose less accuracy when fired continuously. But enough gun nerding.

I completely agree with this topic and the points made in it, except for innate suppressors (I want my sniper rifle to sound weighty and massive). Snipers are in a bad spot right now and I frequently forego my Rubico, Vulkar Wraith, or Vectis Prime to bring my Sancti Tigris or Vaykor Hek.