Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Stop Working

LaywithGoats2

At first it was just the primary weapons not working, now it's all of them.  With increasing regularity, I have to switch weapons and back again just to get them to work (for awhile) then do it again.

At MR 21 I was beginning to question playing this game any further...but if the weapons are just going to stop during play then what's the point?   A crucial aspect that needs attention asap i think?

Happens to me about once in a while. For example I'll have a melee and pistols equipped, go on a spree with the melee, and after a short lull I run up to an unsuspecting Grineer, left-click to stealth kill... and nothing happens. Spam click, nothing. Swap to pistols, swap back, works fine.

Happened with two and three weapons equipped, haven't noticed it when I only have one on, don't know if that factors into it.

This exact same thing definitely happens to me, often enough to bother me.

Here I was thinking it's my mouse software playing up, but reading OP it's clear the issue is within the game itself.

Unfortunately I can't say what exact circumstances are causing this bug, but switching back and forth helps to resolve.

I have noticed that it may be something with using quick melee while reloading your weapon, and suddenly it stops working, like if it got stuck mid reloading process and can't fire until reload is finished.

I think there is no need to stress the importance of this. I hope this doesn't happen mid Sortie mission to cause a wipe.

I have noticed this too. It's happened a few times for me while I was using my Tonkor, but reloading (no I was not out of ammo) or switching weapons quickly fixed the problem. Personally it's not a game-breaking issue for me, but if more people experience this it's probably worth looking into.

This exact same thing definitely happens to me, often enough to bother me.

Here I was thinking it's my mouse software playing up, but reading OP it's clear the issue is within the game itself.

Unfortunately I can't say what exact circumstances are causing this bug, but switching back and forth helps to resolve.

I have noticed that it may be something with using quick melee while reloading your weapon, and suddenly it stops working, like if it got stuck mid reloading process and can't fire until reload is finished.

I think there is no need to stress the importance of this. I hope this doesn't happen mid Sortie mission to cause a wipe.

Unfortunately, it has happened during sorties...

Hmm....cheers very helpful.  So if something doesn't happen to you, it doesn't exist.

it never happened to him so he doesn't know what you are talking about,

if you cared to explain what happens and when instead of going salty, he maybe could dig into this further and contribute into fixing the issue.

it never happened to him so he doesn't know what you are talking about,

if you cared to explain what happens and when instead of going salty, he maybe could dig into this further and contribute into fixing the issue.

he lead off explaining what happens to him...in the OP. the whole "never happens to me" post are unnecisary. good for you your lucky you dont have this bug. unless your gonna throw something more useful out for us it not helping

but ya OP i've had this happen a good deal.I like using my melle. but its no fun if i forget how to swing till i swap my weapons out.

At first it was just the primary weapons not working, now it's all of them.  With increasing regularity, I have to switch weapons and back again just to get them to work (for awhile) then do it again.

At MR 21 I was beginning to question playing this game any further...but if the weapons are just going to stop during play then what's the point?   A crucial aspect that needs attention asap i think?

Got the same issue and indeed it is happening on a more regular frequency.

Yeah I've noticed this a few times myself. I can normally just use a power to get it back to normal though. Faster and normally better than swapping. 

Happens to me randomly after bulletjumping. Quick melee fixes it.

Cheers!  I'll give those a try next time it happens

+1

Biggest issue for me is when you are playing Melee only and it bugs out the melee Weapon.

Switching to Synthesis/Codex Scanner doesn't fix melee Weapon...so no more attacks.

(Really vad when Exalted melee Weapon bugs out and you cannot dispel the broken melee Weapon...just stuck with Power in Use and no way to attack ...as sometimes it also breaks Slash Dash/Iron Jab....Valkyr at least can still Ripline or Paralysis kill)

I have been wanting a '/Holster' command to address resetting bugged out weapons.

Much like '/unstuck'

Would be nice if these types of things never happened in the first place, but at least having a command to fix the issue is a good fall-back in case they missed something in the build.

+1

Biggest issue for me is when you are playing Melee only and it bugs out the melee Weapon.

Switching to Synthesis/Codex Scanner doesn't fix melee Weapon...so no more attacks.

(Really vad when Exalted melee Weapon bugs out and you cannot dispel the broken melee Weapon...just stuck with Power in Use and no way to attack ...as sometimes it also breaks Slash Dash/Iron Jab....Valkyr at least can still Ripline or Paralysis kill)

I have been wanting a '/Holster' command to address resetting bugged out weapons.

Much like '/unstuck'

Would be nice if these types of things never happened in the first place, but at least having a command to fix the issue is a good fall-back in case they missed something in the build.

I haven't had the melee weapon lock on me (yet-fingers crossed), just the primary & secondary.  If this is happening to some across all weapons, it would usually mean a deal breaker.  It's essentially a 'shooter' game where your main tools sometimes just don't work.  Thanks for posting MrNishi.  I dont know how many responses to a thread gets the DE's attention....hopefully they will notice this one.

I haven't had the melee weapon lock on me (yet-fingers crossed), just the primary & secondary.  If this is happening to some across all weapons, it would usually mean a deal breaker.  It's essentially a 'shooter' game where your main tools sometimes just don't work.  Thanks for posting MrNishi.  I dont know how many responses to a thread gets the DE's attention....hopefully they will notice this one.

I believe this happened (happens) with Ultimate Melee abilities.

IE: Hysteria bugged out and unable to attack, but stuck in Hysteria. Same with Exalted Blade and Primal Fury.

I think they are all related to Weapons bugging out.

Not sure if it is a simple coding fix.

But that is why I would like a '/Holster' command as temp-fix much like '/unstuck' command.