Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bunch Of Weapon Ideas.

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

Rather than posting all these ideas in separate threads, I'll just compile all my ideas in this thread.

Here goes.

Melee Weapons

Twin Chinese Broadswords.

Original thread - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57551-weapon-suggestion-chinese-twin-broadswords'>Click Me

Hey everyone,

I just finished watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (for probably the 50th time), and I thought to myself, "Hang on, twin broadswords would have to be some of the most badass weaponry that could work with Warframe." Not to mention, the animation potential is limitless.

For those that don't know what Chinese Broadswords (Dao) are:

They are essentially two separate swords that form a single weapon.

Both swords go into a single sheath, and can be wielded either as a single sword, or dual swords.

92_big.jpg

It is a little hard for me to explain, I'm just using what (little) knowledge I have. If I make any mistakes, just let me know.

Seeing as I don't know a huge amount about these blades, I'll leave you with a couple of examples.

Exhibit A: Start the video, and see if you can pick up (on the first go) when the swords are separated.

Skip to 0:25 if you like.

I did have a link that skipped to the right part, but the embedding didn't agree with it.

Exhibit B: Not as subtle, but shows how sheathing the weapons works.

Skip to 0:19 for this one. Reason is stated above.

If that doesn't scream badass, I don't know what does.

My vision for the animations they would use if Warframe would be something like this:

You have a sheath on your back/hip, the first couple of melee strikes would be with a single blade. After these first two/three strikes, you will 'split' them, and begin attacking with two (increases attack speed).

Then the animation would continue to attack with dual blades until you let go of the melee button, your character will 'join' the swords together and sheath them.

Apologies if someone has suggested this before. I have not seen the suggestion yet, so I thought I'd post it myself.

Thoughts?
Nugget_

Chinese Hook Swords

These swords, like the previous idea, come from Chinese culture.

hook%20sword%20w511.jpg

Also like my Chinese Broadsword idea, I'm proposing for these to have unique animations and mechanics.

For those unfamiliar with Hook Swords, pretty much every part of them is used for attacks.

The coolest thing about them, however, is the ability for users to hook them together and swing them, effectively doubling the reach of the weapon, while still retaining their deadliness.

I'll use the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon video for the example again.

Skip to 1:40 to see her use the Hook Swords.

See if you can notice the part where she hooks them together. You can probably imagine how cool that would look in Warframe.

Another example.

Turns out I'm using the exact same examples as my previous idea.

Skip to 0:50 to see them in action. (or just watch the whole video)

Like my Broadsword suggestion, maybe have the first few attacks in the sequence be a dual wield, then the player can hook his swords together to have a much further reach, with slightly less damage.

Molten Kama

Those that have played Unreal Championship 2 will know this weapon.

It would have innate fire damage, and ignore armour.

Devastation_UC2_01.jpg

Definitely looks cool, and would be an awesome weapon to use in-game.

Cryo Staff.

Another weapon inspired by UC2. The Cryo Staff.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the actual Cryo Staff in the game, but I couldn't find an actual image. Plus, this one looks cooler.

unreal-championship-2-the-liandri-confli

We just got a polearm, so the animations are there.

This would deal innate ice damage, and would slow down enemies.

Plus, looks badass.

*Edit*
I think this is the actual Cryo Staff from the game.

MalcomUnrealChampionship2.jpg

Sidearms

Wrist Crossbow.

Crossbow.jpg

Those that have played the original Perfect Dark will be familiar with this weapon.

It would be a great stealth weapon. Silent, deadly, and precise.

Perhaps the bolts could be tipped with poison for an added effect.

Gameplay video

Now that we have the Kunai and the Despair, a stealth sidearm isn't as necessary, but would still be a welcome addition to the game.

Primary Weapons.

Mine Layer.

I'm not sure where my inspiration for this weapon has come from.

$(KGrHqFHJBME9!!+M!r0BPWOLe0Y0!~~60_35.J

Don't make it look like that image, that's just there so this section doesn't look so boring.

Something similar to the gun used in the Batman film (honestly, I forget which one).

The one where he shoots the sticky bombs on the building window.

In Warframe they would act on timers, or by proximity, and are able to stick to walls, roofs and enemies.

Say, 4 seconds after they are fired, they will detonate.

Or, if you stick them to a wall, and an enemy passes by, they will instantly detonate.

Keep in mind, I have not used the explosive weaponry added with Update 8, so I have no idea if this idea is similar to them.

*Edit*

1. Perhaps make it a stealth weapon, for laying traps. Instead of explosives, if could shoot out a volley of darts or something.

2. Maybe make it need a mod to switch to stealth, much like the Paris needs a mod for explosive arrows.

Thankyou to those who read all my ideas, please voice your opinion, doesn't matter if it's negative, it won't offend me.

I'll continue to add ideas to this thread as I think of them.

Edited by Nugget_

personally, good ideas, but we have alotta swords already. the wrist cross bows just a mix between a paris/despair and a glaive, but would be some what ok, but i dont think alot of ppl would want this since we have kunais now. the last one seems ok lol. sticky grenade launcher and you can trigger it to explode and such lol.

Twin Chinese Broadswords: More variety than sword/dagger in the double melee area would be lovely. Two big swords. Sword/Axe/hammer in various combos. 

Hook Swords: YES PLEASE - lower speed than usual with only average damage, but very high chance to stagger/stun IMO.

Crossbow wrist thingie... not sure... it's a neat idea, but I don't really see how it would work as a sidearm. Maybe something built into a new warframe and used for their powers.

Mine Layer: No. Too slow for the game imo.

Thankyou for the feedback, much appreciated.

The reasoning behind the wrist crossbow is simple. At the moment, we only have one stealth sidearm (one weapon, with a variation). More variety is good. The crossbow, like I said, could have poison bolts, or something to set it apart.

Now that I think about it, the mine layer would be better as a stealth weapon.

If the enemies were alerted to your presence, it would be pretty pointless to be able to lay mines, even though it would be fun.

It would be a different playstyle, and it would offer some variety from the weapons.

Hey Everyone,

XD i would like to have some Lightsaber in this game. Since its a Space 3th person shoter and ninja action. I also would like some real ninja swords or a big Katana instead of a Gram for example. And for Dual Skana maybe twin light sabers XD i think that would be funny. U know? They shall activate only when you use them for slashing or charging XD and placed on the back or sides like the dual staggers.

hope you like this idea

That mine layer looks like the one used by Batman...

That's where I got the inspiration from, just like I said in my OP. :)

Minelayer would be useful / potentially OP(untimed proximity mines) for endless defense missions.

Place a bunch of mines at the entrances between waves, switch to secondary(like kunai) when the enemies arrive.

You wouldn't be able to place down unlimited mines, they are on a timer.

They have a delay of 5+ seconds or so, but will explode early if an enemy walks by.

This prevents what you said, so you can't just place a tonne of them before a defense wave.

You wouldn't be able to place down unlimited mines, they are on a timer.

They have a delay of 5+ seconds or so, but will explode early if an enemy walks by.

This prevents what you said, so you can't just place a tonne of them before a defense wave.

yeah... with untimed mines it would become this:

The grineer get ready... Another reactor to take down. just in a day`s job for the lancers. They get ready. The doors open. But as they exit the tiny rooms, they feel that something`s wrong. there are no arrows flying, or bullets zipping by. suddenly tiny dots light up all around them. they hear the other squad`s cries for help, and they now understand. it was all an evil trap placed by the wretched Tenno...

yeah... with untimed mines it would become this:

The grineer get ready... Another reactor to take down. just in a day`s job for the lancers. They get ready. The doors open. But as they exit the tiny rooms, they feel that something`s wrong. there are no arrows flying, or bullets zipping by. suddenly tiny dots light up all around them. they hear the other squad`s cries for help, and they now understand. it was all an evil trap placed by the wretched Tenno...

Curse those wretched Tenno.

In all seriousness though, that's spot on.

Thankyou for the reply :)

Dem Hookswords....ehehehehehe....Mortal Kombat memories...

*ahem*

How about.....Elbow Blades? Style would be..a Futuristic version of This: http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Images/PrinceOfPersiaWallpaper21024.jpg.

Just remove the hilts and make it more attached to arms and BAM. Awesomeness right there. In fact...Why not include a double-sword in the style of this as well?

Also...Leg blades? I would friggin LOVE kick-based combat.

Hey...WHY THE HELL AREN'T CLAWS INCLUDED IN WARFRAME YET!?

<p>here are some other ideas: Mandarin Coin Blades, Fire and Wind Wheels, Deer Antler Knives, Khopesh, Kpinga, Katars, Tekko Kage, maybe even Macuahuitl or Tridents</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sorry didnt know how to add pictures and khukris</p>

Edited by Tyre

You know im supprized no one has really posted this yet but what about thrown Grenades and Mines?
Maybe have it where they have a medium radious, medium damage, and stagger opponets?

Make Mines would be throw to surface and they attach, and after 20-25 second or an enemy nears they explode,
And Grenades would be throw to surface they bounce around corners, but have a 10-15 second fuse, then they explode,
They would probably be a secondary weapon and mostly be used for utility,
I dont think we need grenade launchers or mine layers, just Grenades and Mines are alone fine,
And i think it would add a new feel to Warframe with out breaking the Space Ninja, theme,

honestly the grenade launcher sounds like the trap bolt launcher from bioshock 2. 

Not saying its a bad idea, but thats an idea for inspiration

Hmm, it's been so long since I played either Bioshock game.

The trap bolts are the ones that create the...Tripwire type thing isn't it? 

If so, that'd be pretty awesome to use.

Dem Hookswords....ehehehehehe....Mortal Kombat memories...

*ahem*

How about.....Elbow Blades? Style would be..a Futuristic version of This: http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Images/PrinceOfPersiaWallpaper21024.jpg.

Just remove the hilts and make it more attached to arms and BAM. Awesomeness right there. In fact...Why not include a double-sword in the style of this as well?

Also...Leg blades? I would friggin LOVE kick-based combat.

Hey...WHY THE HELL AREN'T CLAWS INCLUDED IN WARFRAME YET!?

Why not something like these?

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/255516_S/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolutions-Sarif-Industries-Gets-Super-Exy-Viral-Site.jpg

Another shot: http://blog.daveg.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution.jpg

Yet another: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TOXgS_tE38g/Tqe0CgQO_rI/AAAAAAAAADA/HM_hBhM1SVU/s1600/Deus%2BEx-%2BHuman%2BRevolution%2BDeadly%2BArm%2BBlades.jpg

Also, they can come out of the elbows.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110904012155/deusex/en/images/thumb/2/2f/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Belltower-Guards-Double-Takedown.jpg/640px-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Belltower-Guards-Double-Takedown.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110920001313/deusex/en/images/thumb/d/d9/Lethal_takedown_2.png/640px-Lethal_takedown_2.png

Sidearms

Wrist Crossbow.

Crossbow.jpg

Those that have played the original Perfect Dark will be familiar with this weapon.

It would be a great stealth weapon. Silent, deadly, and precise.

Perhaps the bolts could be tipped with poison for an added effect.

Gameplay video

Now that we have the Kunai and the Despair, a stealth sidearm isn't as necessary, but would still be a welcome addition to the game.

For this, all of my yes. Make it like a Paris, with the charge time, and just deal slightly less damage. Pair with a Gorgon for stealth and open combat play.

Edited by KF5AQX

For this, all of my yes. Make it like a Paris, with the charge time, and just deal slightly less damage. Pair with a Gorgon for stealth and open combat play.

Honestly, I think the crossbow would do better without a charge time.

Not to mention that charge time on a crossbow doesn't really make sense.

Thankyou for the feedback though. :)