Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #68!

[DE]Rebecca

1. How did a viewer, who wasn't even in the chat, win the Trinity Prime pack? (Disappointment posted by others in chat)

2. I accidently posted with one capitalized word, it was deleted by the bot, and I was banned from posting for 10mins. Yet, other viewers were spamming in caps with (***) between their wording. They weren't picked out by the bot, so they merrily went on spamming.

This needs to be looked at.

That aside, the upcoming improvements look exciting! 

Improved Enemy Markers and Map Data - YES, thank you! :D That'll make it easier to plan an approach without direct line of sight with the enemy or the need to throw a camera down. Stealth will be somewhat better with that. Now we only need a fix for Syndicate procs alerting enemies despite insta-killing them anyway (either by simply not being alerting, or via the ability to hold your proc back via a "charges" type of function that allows you to, instead of instantly proc'ing the effect, hold it and gain a charge instead. So you can hold several charges, and trigger them manually, with a tiny cooldown to avoid spamming them all at once)

Also still need a Stealth Multiplier safety mechanism where enemies don't break it if they're killed before they're able to actually react. (Such as killing several enemies with a single arrow, the second target gets alerted by the arrow bursting through his ally next to him, despite him getting cut down in the same split second).

Sabotage 2.0 - The sabotage the Tenno deserve.

I am kinda hyped about this - mostly because back then, before Infested Hive missions, there was a big topic about how Sabotage could be made more interesting, and I suggested a "Sabotage X out of Y systems", each system giving a map-wide debuff/hindrance that affected the enemies more or the same as the Tenno, giving the players a choice on which system they would like to destroy and how that would affect the remaining missions.

Then the Infested Hives were added, and it KINDA had a similar feeling to it, except the negative effects only affected the Tenno, which made me rather sad.

So this brings that original idea back to some degree, and I love the concept and execution so far. Can't wait to see what other Tileset Sabotage missions would end revolving around.Corpus Turrets and MOA turning on their creators? Parts of the ship blowing up causing zero-g/low-gravity/archwing exterior sections? Gas leaks, irradiated rooms, magnetic fields?

So many options to mess with the enemy (and yourself/your team) based on tactical choices.

Also, [DE]Steve confirmed for Orange-kun. Code Geass is real.

I don't understand their undercover new player testing.

They're testing it with people who know exactly what to do, where to go and what to farm.

This seems counter-intuitive. You guys need to either use devs that don't play the game at all (art asset team, PR, whoever), or hire a new player testing team to report on their findings to supplement player feedback.

DevStream 68 was Great!!

Loved seeing the Dino/Orange Steve!

I enjoyed hearing Scott's Grind in the "Undercover Boss" while playing.. Glad he was able to meet so many nice players willing to help him!

Love the Mission Reworks and Tweaks for Extermination, (Thank You for mentioning the mini-map targeting!!)

Sabotage 2.0 Looks cool and Now I'm off to play some more!! Thanks for all of your hard work guys and gals!! 

Can't wait for the next!! 

~DJToxin

Get well, Steve. Being sick isn't healthy. :(

While I am happy to hear that Scott's been enjoying Warframe, I'm thrilled to hear that he was playing "legit" from scratch through the NPE to 2nd Dream.

Regardless of whether I agree with any changes made subsequent to this, I now know that they are founded on actual experience with how the game plays in reality.

And 2nd Dream is quite a bit of progress, as it entails the Archwing exav missions, clearing through to Uranus (and playing enough of it to trigger Occulyst visits) - and the mod gathering+ranking that this requires, etc.
On that note: If the point of Damaged mods is so that players are A) introduced to the system and B) have some kind of consistent baseline (e.g. no more 400+ hours and no base damage mods)... Any plans to make getting the damaged mods (since they're not leaving) more reliable/less RNG?

Banshee deluxe looks good, though I preferred the concept's spiky arm.
And, as with the Knave skin its dimensions are off, which I assume is a technical requirement. Sad, but oh well.  :/

Kela looks awesome - though lacking the Grineer's stereotypical lumpy malformity.
To be fair, she's not the only one. (Manics, for instance, aren't malformed, and Tyl Regor is similarly mechanically streamlined.)
I hope her characterization lives up to her visual character.

Problem with MirrorCat (reflecting shots, etc.) is RNG. "Unreliable (Crowd) Control" is oxymoronic.

Very very sad to hear that Excavation isn't getting touched further (or simply reverted).

Exterm wp change sounds good - though I honestly don't see a problem with the spawns piling up at the end - since that didn't happen unless you intentionally caused it. But hey, another anti-farming casualty, I guess. (I never did it, FWIW.)

Don't see the need to buy loadout slots (want more Configs), but alright.
VERY happy with the new UI for changing loadouts.

YAY for alertness indicators. \o/
Sab 2.0 looks good.
Question, vis-a-vis stealth: Will the fire hazard still alert enemies? If so - why? (Mechanically: because it's damage. I know.)
Another question re: stealth - Any chance for a pass on Shade's AI? It's fine if you're stationary, but if you're moving it's completely ineffectual. By contrast, the Huras is actually pretty good, except for the minor detail that it'll attack enemies even if you remove its attack precepts.

Edited by Chroia