Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daggers And Dual Daggers Need Rework

(PSN)Tpaetznick

Charge attacks aren't bad if you build for them and chain the charging part right, using Homing Fang.

No, by garbage I actually mean the animations are very poor.

Other weapons have a very smooth single empowered strike, but for Charge attacks of Daggers specifically, they have this stab first, followed by a weird Slash.

I don't want that second Slash, it is an animation lock that I can do without.

Just the Stab would be fine. 

(Btw Charge attack is the E Hold Combo, which every weapon has now, so we might be talking about different things) 

Also a side note : Dammit all slashing weapons have some garbage trolly charge attack animation. They make yu believe it is gonna be a Side slash, but it does a spin and becomes an overhead strike. STOP TROLLING ME DE!!

Edited by YasaiTsume

Just went and played around with both my Karyst (0.6 Aspeed/ Pointed Wind) and Sheev (0.5 Aspeed/Formaed Homing Fang)

Both Stances have had their Animation speed improved and are much faster now, and in the case for the Karyst, able to 1-2 shot Ceres tier Grineer 

(600+ Toxin, 300 + Radiation)

Daggers still lack flavour, charge attacks are utterly garbage, both have 2,300 Wall attack for some reason, and slide attacks are pretty ok, but nothing special.

Homing Fang animation speed is the same and was not adjusted.

Homing Fang used to be the 'Fast Single Dagger Stance'

Then Pointed Wind received animation speed buffs when Sheev was released.

(Doesn't help that no Daggers are polarized for Homing Fang.....all but Dark Dagger are polarized for Pointed Wind, thus it was easy to see why a vast majority of the community felt the Sheev and Single Daggers were too slow.

-Even though many admitted that the Quick-melee attack speeds were much faster than having Stance equipped with Pointed Wind...)

No, by garbage I actually mean the animations are very poor.

Other weapons have a very smooth single empowered strike, but for Charge attacks of Daggers specifically, they have this stab first, followed by a weird Slash.

I don't want that second Slash, it is an animation lock that I can do without.

Just the Stab would be fine. 

(Btw Charge attack is the E Hold Combo, which every weapon has now, so we might be talking about different things)

I'm talking about Butterfly Slash: Hold E250%+slash, Release

Not Cutting Arches: E, E, Hold E3x

(or the Pointed Wind equivalent hold-combo).

If you release and re-hold E at the right moment you can chain the regular charge attacks (Butterfly Slash) without having to do the first hit of a normal combo for every time after the first. Even has different animations on alternate executions to account for the different placement of the weapon.

The animation might be a bit janky, but it does hit twice if you aim it right, guaranteed Slash procs both times (plus any regular statuses being able to proc alongside it). With my general stabbing build not purpose built to just charge-attack, I can have a level 100 Ancient Healer bleeding out in 5-6 charge attacks depending on other status procs. It's not FOTM overpowered melee by any means, but it's not completely useless.

Sheev has a pretty high status rate with two or three element/status chance mods though, so getting many more hits in with regular combo tends to win out in speed no matter which stance is in use. Bleed stacking really adds up.

With the power creep from sword vs. nikana one-upmanship and the fact that no Daggers single or dual have crit chances over 10% to make use of Naramon passives and Blood Rush either, the viability is still limited at best. Block less, damage less, shorter range... Covert Lethality and bleed stacking with the Sheev or stance auto-procs are all that keeps the weapon class afloat at all really.

i can't believe i lived to see the day when people are not saying sheev is garbage 

I wasn't exactly garbage.

It came out at the time where Coptering was all Meleeing was used for.

So anything that didn't have 1.0 + Attack speed was immediately under fire. 

Then, the damage comes into effect.

It was always : Copter + Damage = best weapon. Tipedo Master Race. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

I wasn't exactly garbage.

It came out at the time where Coptering was all Meleeing was used for.

So anything that didn't have 1.0 + Attack speed was immediately under fire. 

Then, the damage comes into effect.

It was always : Copter + Damage = best weapon. Tipedo Master Race. 

i remember the event. loved the sheev from the moment i got it. glorious can opener