Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does The Sybaris Fire In Bursts?!

HadronVictorioso

Right! it should be single fire. Please increase the damage and make it single fire

it should at least be a duplex trigger like the tigris.  i mean if it was meant to be a two shot burst weapon then why is there such a big delay between shots.  it's a lever action, so you can't make the excuse of it being the time needed for the bolt to cycle.

I'd prefer to make it single shot to be honest. There's not enough love for non-sniper single-shots in this game.

No.

Right! it should be single fire. Please increase the damage and make it single fire

it should at least be a duplex trigger like the tigris.  i mean if it was meant to be a two shot burst weapon then why is there such a big delay between shots.  it's a lever action, so you can't make the excuse of it being the time needed for the bolt to cycle.

No.

I'd prefer to make it single shot to be honest. There's not enough love for non-sniper single-shots in this game.

And no. 

Leave my favorite gun alone. There is already a single shot lever action rifle. It's called the Grinlock.

Well, maybe on the duplex trigger... but still. It's a unique characteristic. The gun is awesome and it seems the majority of the community love the rifle, including myself so....

No.

The "auto" fire of both shots annoys me intensely. Duplex trigger would be welcome.

It makes little sense to have what is basically a "one shot aimed, then one shot effected by the recoil of the first going off".

There is a hell of a difference between a "unique" and an "arbitrary" mechanic. It feels like a last minute kludge rather then a design decision.

Grinlok is burst too.

And honestly it makes no sense at all.

There is a lot of things that are nonsense in Warframe, trust me, a two shot burst lever action rifle is the least of your concerns if you are worried about weapons making sense. Just look the Quanta series of rifles. How did we go from a laser cutter (quanta) to a full auto (Mutalist Quanta), to a burst fire  rifle with a third limb and a grapple hook. (Paraclast) How do Bows and launchers reload off of Sniper Ammo? Why do NONE of the Infested weapons attack us when CLEARLY in the weapon's description most say they are ALIVE and the Infested are our enemies? How can one run around at high speeds and jump 20+ feet in the air equipped with an Opticor heavy laser canon, War great sword (who's attack rate is un realistically fast) and two side arms? How do Kubrows follow us throughout every part of Uranus tile sets if you never see them swimming in the underwater sections? Why is Frost/Mag/Ember/Saryn/Volt vulnerable to Cold/Magnetic/Fire/Poison/Electric damage?

And the most egregious...

HOW THE HELL IS LIMBO A SPACE NINJA!?

I could go on but you get the drift.

The "auto" fire of both shots annoys me intensely. Duplex trigger would be welcome.

It makes little sense to have what is basically a "one shot aimed, then one shot effected by the recoil of the first going off".

There is a hell of a difference between a "unique" and an "arbitrary" mechanic. It feels like a last minute kludge rather then a design decision.

What recoil? There is next to zero recoil on that weapon, if any at all. I have placed both shots to the head from 60 metes + away. And that is comfortable sniper distance. Most engagements in Warframe happens in less than 20 meters. Unless you have heavy caliber your shots are going to land on top of each other. Sybaris is the most used primary weapon in my inventory. It is pin point accurate on both shots. Go to the Simulcarum and see for your self.

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

Tenno Magic is why it happens that way and I like the Sybaris as is.

I originally preferred the Grinlok and even Burston then Paracyst... But the I don't need the Status on my Primary Weapon any more and the Sybaris works well for back-to-back hard hitting shots.

I'm using it with Sonar Banshee and it feels great and looks amazing.

Currently saving my Conclave Rep for the Skin.

Needs the duplex trigger, same shot delay but with utility.

Also, Sybaris is awesome, not sure why anyone would want a single shot out of it, go use a Latron P.

Because there's not enough non-sniper semi-autos, a), and b) because I sold my latron P when I realized (sadly) it wasn't viable for endgame (and sounded dumb as all hell...)

mmm, Duplex-Auto would be a no downsides adjustment to Sybaris that while i don't personally feel is necessary, because it would have no possible negatives to come with it for this gun, i would not mind at all.

however, making it a Semi-Auto Weapon - why? what would this do for the Weapon? it wouldn't do anything other than require re-creating all of it's stats around a new usage scenario.

(still should have a Magazine of 20 - 5shots/2sec is a terrible Mag/Reload...)

I sold my latron P when I realized (sadly) it wasn't viable for endgame (and sounded dumb as all hell...)

cosmetics like sound aside - it's Damage output is just fine. it performs well as it stands.

i mean, maybe it doesn't have enough Powercreep? but that's really not legitimately relevant, as it performs well as it stands.

a shot that gets only 1/2 Projectiles to Crit can easily reach 15,000 Damage.

it's a DMR, what do you expect? you shoot for Weakpoints, and you get quite good Damage. but you won't Kill everything in one shot, that's not what DMR's focus on. DMR's are a middleground between Sniper Rifles and Assault Rifles.

and Latron Prime... is.

sure, it's style of Crits is out of the ordinary, and isn't reliable, but with it's infinite Ammo, firing 3rd bursts at big Enemies will likely ensure their death.

cosmetics like sound aside - it's Damage output is just fine. it performs well as it stands.

i mean, maybe it doesn't have enough Powercreep? but that's really not legitimately relevant, as it performs well as it stands.

a shot that gets only 1/2 Projectiles to Crit can easily reach 15,000 Damage.

it's a DMR, what do you expect? you shoot for Weakpoints, and you get quite good Damage. but you won't Kill everything in one shot, that's not what DMR's focus on. DMR's are a middleground between Sniper Rifles and Assault Rifles.

and Latron Prime... is.

sure, it's style of Crits is out of the ordinary, and isn't reliable, but with it's infinite Ammo, firing 3rd bursts at big Enemies will likely ensure their death.

I know what a DMR is and what it's for.

Edited by HadronVictorioso

I'm in the "make it Duplex-auto" crowd, just because it's a surprisingly handy trigger type once you get accustomed to it, and it would be extra useful on the Sybaris given it's small magazine size.

Alternatively, they could double said magazine size. (Or alternatively alternatively, both).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

What recoil? There is next to zero recoil on that weapon, if any at all. I have placed both shots to the head from 60 metes + away. And that is comfortable sniper distance. Most engagements in Warframe happens in less than 20 meters. Unless you have heavy caliber your shots are going to land on top of each other. Sybaris is the most used primary weapon in my inventory. It is pin point accurate on both shots. Go to the Simulcarum and see for your self.

You obviously have no idea how "recoil" works on a Sybaris. The "spread" is hardwired.

I have already done all the testing, it seems you, have not. Try actually sitting at 20 meters (measured with Codex Scanner) and keep firing. The shots barely stay within a human sized head. Barely. At 40m (Codex Scanner). the second shot will regularly miss a head when you aim dead center. The only reason you might still get a hit is because the game engine is generous with hit-boxes, not because of actual accuracy.

Sybaris with nothing but Eagle Eye at 40m:

0rHDusu.jpg

After adding two Mods to take recoil to zero. When you actually shoot the aiming reticle on the screen does not move a single millimeter, yet the spread still exists.

yD6dOkO.jpg

It's a Marksman Rifle. It does a REALLY poor job at it, at a measly 40 meters.

Land on top of each other? Are you sure we are using the same gun?

You obviously have no idea how "recoil" works on a Sybaris. The "spread" is hardwired.

I have already done all the testing, it seems you, have not. Try actually sitting at 20 meters (measured with Codex Scanner) and keep firing. The shots barely stay within a human sized head. Barely. At 40m (Codex Scanner). the second shot will regularly miss a head when you aim dead center. The only reason you might still get a hit is because the game engine is generous with hit-boxes, not because of actual accuracy.

Sybaris with nothing but Eagle Eye at 40m:

0rHDusu.jpg

After adding two Mods to take recoil to zero. When you actually shoot the aiming reticle on the screen does not move a single millimeter, yet the spread still exists.

yD6dOkO.jpg

It's a Marksman Rifle. It does a REALLY poor job at it, at a measly 40 meters.

Land on top of each other? Are you sure we are using the same gun?

Well let be know I am willing to admit when I am wrong and someone else is right.

Put a marker 60 meters our in the Simulcalrum and got a shot group with a wide spread.

Put a heavy gunner 70 meters out and consistently hit with both shots to the head, very contrary to what the shot group on the pillar showed.

So yeah... Sketchy enemy hit boxes. :/

I love the 2-shot burst it has, it's what sets it apart from other weapons (that and it looks GORGEOUS).  It's one of my favorite primaries in the game, and i'd take it everywhere if I could.  All it really needs is a smaller reload time or a bigger clip size, maybe a slight crit chance buff.