Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Themed Melee

(PSN)chrollodk

So has there been any news regarding this, took a 9 month hiatus and back and I loved the Grakata way back when for the status chance, Just finally built the dual Grakata so I'll be lvling that up soon. I haven't seen anything on the dev streams and all the other posts seem very old. 

But I would like like a dual Grakatas as a melee weapon using like the swirling tiger stance where you're holding them by the barrels and Grakata whipping things to shreds. 

Well rifles had been used as emergency clubs in past wars and the Grakata does have a nice spiked knob at the grip.

There were also the clubs some native americans carved from a stock.

So the question is. Should the weapon be just a Grakata wielded as club, a club made to resemble a Grakata, or a club forged from a Grakata body?

Personaly i find the whole idea of melee weapons shaped to resemble firearms as seen with Boltor and Soma, a bit silly and would prefer them not to follow this idea.

Edited by Othergrunty

I just feel like it would be fun thing to use. The not so, "Hey this is the ultimate weapon because DPS stats are phenomenal" and more like someone looks at the weapon with a glint in their eyes, and a spark ignites in their brain, where they whisper just so only they can hear it and make it real, "I shall destroy the world with this weapon...." 

Not to mention it would be just fun overall to go help newbies, and for a fun run to run with all the Grakata things. 

On a side note I figure the double Grakata holding by the barrell would be the easiest art direction wise to impelment. Basically take a already used weapon reskin, tweek the stats a bit, and bam you got a new weapon that people would have fun to use in a non min max build. 

If there was a Grakata theme melee weapon, and there most definitely should be, I am almost certain it would be a Gun Blade.

Grakatterax

^This. I like this. This has a nice ring to it.

But yeah, I can't see any other weapon type that would fit the Grakata other than Gun Blade.

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2016 at 0:39 PM, bubbabenali said:

Gratatata.

A mounted chainsaw bajonet like in Gears of War as a Gunblade wich shoots short bursts as charged attack.

Would come with a new Gunblade stance wich isn't that mobile like High Noon but gets some damage multipliers.

Hell no we don't need any more new stances and high noon has such a low drop rate has it is.

I do like your idea of a chainsaw gunblade.