Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Am Vauban." - Zut Alors!

SilverBones

I Am Vauban.

I control. There is a poetic calm that falls over me when the battlefield lies before my cell. Perhaps it is the cold reason that comes with the calculations none of my kin seem to understand, but it comforts me when others may falter. It empowers me and energizes me.

The doorway is lined with Tesla and in my hand; I prepare the Bastille trap for our foes.

Our mission is a common one; enter enemy territory and recover an artifact which they have no business possessing. It brings a small cloud of annoyance to my mind as I think about how the Corpus take the legacy left to us by the Orokin, only to fumble with it like a child who found a gun. Eventually, they will figure out what happens when you pull the trigger, although they do not understand the consequences of doing so. I understand the math – the funadmentals of the technology they would use – and I would see it out of their vile hands.

Timing. Preparation. Tenets which I live by, whenever I face my foes.

The Loki comes around the corner, his speed and agility easily sliding between the trapped doorways and acting as the bait for our little surprise. Behind him, a whole squad of Fusion Moa follows, stomping with their mechanical feet and scoring long lines of fire into the floor where my Tenno brother had just been.

And, like the falling of the first drop of rain, my trap is sprung.

Tesla burn out the fused electronics of the Corpus proxies, even as my Bastille is landing at their feet. More follow behind, aiming to step over their twitching, mechanical clones, but the Bastille opens up and pulls them into the air while the tesla continue to blast their inner workings into molten liquid. With a feeling of satisfaction, I take my time to step forward, lifting the nozzle of my Ignis to bear and pause a moment to look at my enemy.

Then – calmly – I bathe them all in fire.

I am the turning cogs of Tenno supremacy. The heart of the Great Machine and the voice of our forerunners, made in the image of flesh and steel.

I am Vauban.

Edited by SilverBones

• 3 months later...