Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier Shield Skillful Bypass

Murderfini

I have experienced nullifier shields to be ineffective during mid animation "attacks".

Now rather than reporting this as a bug I will try and convince you that this feature offers a new skill level of play when it comes to dealing with the second most hated enemy type in the game loosing to the most hated ancient healer just because of this feature.

The basic tactic for dealing with these anti-fun buggers is running away from them and shooting them with a ranged weapon with a high fire rate lowering the shield as fast as possible. While effective it is problematic for warframes that specialize in close range combat and those that utilize channeling and "buff" abilities (rihno armor, volt speed..). Not wanting to switch out of the close combat style to deal with nullifiers I most commonly used the melee slide attack to kill them. When in some cases I noticed that entering the shield doesn't effect me. Through trial and error I noticed that when you gain enough momentum and start the slide attack just before the shield and kill the nullifier before the animation ends in some cases you will not be affected by the shield.

This method of playing drastically changes the way I deal with nullifiers because it is much faster to kill the nullifier rather than taking on his (i noticed he has quite a manly voice when dying) shields. Though it has a high chance of failing it is rewarding when you get the timing just right.

The problem is this is inconsistent as it is technically a bug and needs specific parameters to be met. I assume this bug occurs withing the netcode and animation because you have a specific time frame to execute it (i have a maximum of 50 ping to my friend who usually hosts). It is worth mentioning that this was achieved easier before the new movement patch as you could reach the required speed easier.

While the feature will require a precise time and as such high skill level it would make melee combat more appealing, adding a new way of dealing with nullifiers (because currently there is only one way of dealing with them) and it might just have a place in the high level games where it is essential to deal with him as quickly as possible while also keeping the melee and "tank" warframes more relevant than they currently are.

I forgot to mention in some cases when you stand still the shield won't affect you this is why I got the idea the animations might be the cause of this. (and yes i know the shields don't work through walls)

Edited by Murderfini