Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smoke Effects, Fps Killers

God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Today I had nothing better to do, so while farming puncture mods I tested the smoke thing :) I have mediocre computer: An old 4th generation i5 and GTX 960. If I was a rich guy I would prolly have better rig (mby gaming laptop such as rog or omen series). But as a part time worker, that's not possible. Regarding nVidia, GTX 960 is a medium-low budget GPU card and regarding intel, i5 in my use is an old processor: both affordable.

To put the GTX 960 down to it's knees with Warframe I really need to run it in 4k (2160p = 3840 x 2160). As a side note: GTX 960 isn't meant for 4k gaming (recommended 4k setup is 2x GTX970 or a single 980Ti or a higher GPU). And when we talk about 4k gaming we talk about this (click to enlarge the ingame screenshot):

CKXXS5P.jpg

The biggest problem I had was the input lag. If I don't cap the FPS to 30 or 35 or 40 input lag is horrible and it renders the game as unplayable. But limiting the fps I get some resources to input devices(?). Another problem I had was with the previous nVidia drivers: they caused a lot of crashes when popping out Geforce Experience Share Overlay. Now that nVidia has finally released new drivers (361.91) I can use the Overlay without a crash :D.

During the Tactical Alert Divine Will Endurance mission I wanted to test (was bored) how low the FPS would go. Personally I prefer 60fps gaming over the cinematic 4k @30fps.

Here is the mission with Afterburner overlay. And a lot of missile volleys coming from Razorback at the second part of the boss fight. Notice that the GPU usage stays mostly at 99% :( but no GPU chokes :)

If you can't play 4k videos with your compurer, lower the quality from yt-video settings.

rDDMbGv.png

All settings are maxed including DX11 and physx. V-sync and constant weapon trails disabled. GPU stays mostly at 99%. CPU mostly at 33-50%. I thought my computer would go with 1fps to 10 fps when Razorback shoots the missiles. But the fps stayed mostly at 30. I got occasional fps dips to 24 (lasted fraction of a second) during the times when razorback attacked with his twin cannons.

So I say Warframe is pretty well optimized considering that GTX960 isn't meant for 4k gaming. But now, back to the game with normal 1080p.

Edited by carnaga