Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arrows, And Hands, And Bows, Oh My!

CharlesSnippy

Personally I like the bows quite a bit. They're fun, damaging, facking awesome, and could only be more visceral if the despair literally bisected the enemy from chunky Grineer bollocks to their forehead. That said, I saw this (

) video on youtube a while back (posted by a delightful fellow in a different bow feedback thread) and decided that a bow rework could be really good, on top of that, a bunch of other people were *@##$ing about it so I guess I kind of have to make a suggestion other than mindlessly trumpeting "get better" over and over again.

Essentially, the idea would be that the Tenno, being warriors and fond of the old ways would be utilising the same archery method which Hawkeye from the video I mentioned half a paragraph ago has perfected. Bows would receive increased fire rate in return for an actual clip size. Which has little effects on the actual overall output but would mimic the feel of letting lose three arrows in the space of the amount of time the Grineer would have to S#&$ his pants. The arrows would be held in the hand which would also fire the bow. 

If you wanted to be complete badasses you could work some sort of hold down reload to increase the number of arrows your space ninja reaches for when it's time to grab some more from his/her quiver. I'd quite like that, as you could plonk yourself down for a while and get more arrows in your next "clip", or hardly even take a breath in exchange for less. Ultimately though, this is a community driven game so I'm going to turn to the players and make this suggestion on the forums rather than mailing bags of my own feces to the developers with post it notes depicting a S#&$ty (heh) drawing of Lars Anderson stuck to it.

Edited by CharlesSnippy

I do like this idea very much.

My thanks. Personally I like them the way they are, but just because something is good doesn't mean they can't be better, and the idea of the Tenno using an ancient technique rediscovered in modern times has a certain appeal to it. Like having an easter egg and filling it with custard.

This...is amazing...rapid fire Dread 

*yay*

Mmmm. I'm not sure how to balance it, though with the sort of speed Danish Legolas up there can achieve, you could always lower damage slightly to make up for the ability to fire three arrows in under two seconds. Incidentally, I think a good minimum for the "hold down to get more arrows" thing would be three. Enough to drop three pricks or put a serious dent in one megaprick.

Mmmm. I'm not sure how to balance it, though with the sort of speed Danish Legolas up there can achieve, you could always lower damage slightly to make up for the ability to fire three arrows in under two seconds. Incidentally, I think a good minimum for the "hold down to get more arrows" thing would be three. Enough to drop three pricks or put a serious dent in one megaprick.

That makes sense...those three arrows would do maybe 10% less damage all together...

You know. Normally I'm just sort of meh with my suggestions, even the ones that I think are important, but while I genuinely think the bows are fine as is, I actually really want this change to be made. Perhaps it's because I tend to get a little moist around the metaphorical flaps at the mere mention of a trade off system, which is why I play with only one elemental damage mod on per weapon, but I really, really, really hope that the DE's see this and think, "You know what, that's sounds like the best thing since canned bread" and then go the extra mile and put in the "hold down to reload with more arrows" system. Please DE's, if you see this, please watch that video and then put this in the game.

I wouldn't mind a crossbow but I'd much rather have this system. Although, a repeating crossbow as a secondary weapon would be the %$#. With bonus points if its slung over your shoulder Assassins creed style. I'd be walking around with a bow, half a dozen arrows in my right hand, a crossbow slung just over my shoulder, and the biggest F*** off sword I can find.

This... Would be awesome. I wouldn't say no to one of these though:

Zhugenu-payne.jpg

I wouldn't either but...archery has this style to it that guns to not...

Bows have this factor of elegance that most guns can never achieve so it is not quite the same...

I wouldn't either but...archery has this style to it that guns to not...

Bows have this factor of elegance that most guns can never achieve so it is not quite the same...

Agreed. That said, DE, a crossbow would be an amazing secondary weapon, especially given that I currently choose my weaponry based on pure style points.

Oh man, medieval weapon set: Paris, repeating crossbow as secondary, Orthos.

Yes please!

Indeed, now, if only the orthos was an actual polearm instead of the giant Q Tip it is currently. No offence to your design DE, but I'd love it if you released a single bladed orthos skin.

I was expected a shortbow with short reload, short charge time (about 1s for each charged shot) from this thread.

How did you guy come up with 3 arrows-shot bow? Doesn't sound very effective, what different between that and the current Paris, faster eat up your quilver?

Edited by Hameln

We arrived at that from watching the video, it shows how a guy with a dozen arrows in his hand could loose all of them at a rate of three per 1.5 seconds. It's not a shot bow, more like a rapid fire bow with an adjustable "clip" size based on how long you hold reload for.

By the way, if you enjoyed my crazed muttering and want to see what other ideas I have, there's a weapon mod thread kicking around that I'd like you to take a look at: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/65315-a-way-to-make-mutually-exclusive-elements-viable/

*weeps into a pillow upon realization that he is shamelessly plugging his own threads*

Edited by CharlesSnippy

Bump, we want new BOW!

Yes. If you read this and like the idea, be sure to leave a comment to keep it at the top of the page. The higher up it is on the list, the more likely the DE's will see it, keep it open in a tab or something and just reply to somebody every now and then. Maybe get into a complex discussion about cats.

Edited by CharlesSnippy

why not just ask for an fast firing bow, that sounds like something you want op

I don't want a fast firing bow. I want THIS fast firing bow. The feel and function of the weapon far surpasses it's stats or output. Which is why I suggested lowering the damage. The clip size and reaching for a reload mechanics are what makes the idea, the overall DPS can be identical so long as it feels like I'm Lars Anderson in space.

I am in full support of the crossbow idea actually, as I rather dislike the firing rate of the Paris. Make it a primary weaon, give it a firing rate similar to the Latron, but smaller magazine size and longer reload time. No ability to charge it either - should make for a balanced weapon that can still pin most Grineer to a *#$%ing wall in one or two shots.

Edited by Rule34