Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necromancer Warframe-Thanatos (Warframe Image Included)

Aliasofall

Thanatos-The right hand of creation and the left hand of destruction

Thanatos is a greek god of the Underworld who is charged with leading the dead and of mortality

WarframePic_zpsff101978.png

Health-100

Shields-100

Shield Recharge-15

Armor-25

Energy-150

Sprint Speed-1.5

Polarities-4x Power ,1x Attack , and 1x Tactic

Abilities-

Resurrection:

Energy cost-25

Range-Till it hits an enemy or wall

Duration-30/45/60/75 secs

Damage-10/10/15/20 per sec.

Must Target Enemy-No

Special Notes-Undead Soldiers have 50% of the original Corpses Health, have 70% reduced speed, can only attack in melee,absorbs elemental effects and adds them to its melee attack, and robots such as Moa and Osprey do Resurrect with Moa headbutting enemies and Osprey merely being a distraction, and as it is the dart that controls the corpse or circutry the corpse type doesnt matter.

-Thanatos fires 1/2/3/4 parasitic dart(s) from his right arm into living and dead enemies; living enemies suffer continuous 10/10/15/20 poison damage and are then resurrected as undead soldiers if they are killed. Dead Enemies are brought back to life hungering for flesh for 30/45/60/75 secs. Each darts if it doesn’t hit an enemy target will slither towards an enemy corpse.

Ressurection_zps603a2f29.png

The Dart

Dart_zps2d7d6289.png

Necrotic Explosives:

Energy cost-50

Range-Mid/Mid/Mid-Long/Mid-Long (6 ft/8 ft/10 ft/12 ft)

Duration-Instant

Damage-35/115/160/195

Must Target Enemy-No (Radial Effect) 

Special Notes-Works on Undead Soldiers and Corpses but difference is that you can only use ressurrected Moas and Osprey, you cant use corpse Moa's and Osprey's.Absorbed elemental effects applies to Necrotic explosions damage

- All nearby undead and enemy corpse’s self-destruct resulting in a damaging explosion that is amplified by absorbed elements.

NecroticExplosion1_zps8bf6dcfb.png

NecroticExplosion2_zpsdd2ab8f0.png

Pheromone Attractor:

Energy cost-75

Range-Close/Close/Close/Close-Mid  (2 ft/3 ft/4 ft/5 ft)

Duration-15 secs/20secs/30secs/35secs

Damage-4/5/6/7 per sec

Must Target Enemy- No (Archs in front of him) 

Special Notes-Affects Undead and Enemies has a short range so use it while your in the thick of it

-Thanatos spays noxious chemicals from his left hand onto nearby enemies. Enemies marked are immediately targeted by undead soldiers and suffer 4/5/6/7 posions damage per sec. Undead that are sprayed are thrown into a frenzy and gain 50%/55%/65%/90% increased movement speed and gain 20%/30%/50%/70% increased attack speed.

PheremoneAttractor1_zpsf9c13051.png

PheremoneAttractor2_zps3b0ab95d.png

Cellular Amplification:

Energy cost-100

Range-Mid/Mid/Mid-Long/Mid-Long (6 ft/8 ft/10 ft/12 ft)

Duration-Adds 1/3/5/7 secs to Resurrections duration

Damage-No

Must Target Enemy-No (Radial Effect)

Special Notes-Amplifies Undead soldiers by increasing health by 5%/10%/20%/40%,increased armor by 10%/20%/30%/40%,adds an infectious resurrection trait, and has normal moving seed due to being fully restored.

-Undead are amplified by both Thanatos' right hand of creation and Left hand of destruction into a new form that has the ability to spread itself like the Plague. Nearby undead are transformed into metallic skinned monstrosities that exists only to infect and kill the enemies of Thanatos. Amplified are able to be detonated by Necrotic explosion along with retaining elemental absorption capabilities, along with this any enemies slain by them become normal undead that have their life span cut in half. Amplified gain increased armor by 10%/20%/30%/40% and increase health by 5%/10%/20%/40%

CellularAmplification_zps38f39fc8.png

Mechanics of the undead and the amplified- Undead work in this way the enemy corpse is brought back to life in whatever state it was in after death. Should a said warframe shatter, dissolve, vaporize, or send the body into space it will not become an undead soldier, however should they be bifurcated, impaled to a wall, or merely normally killed they will become an undead soldier well half a soldier for the bifurcated ones, the undead retain half the original beings health. Undead of any race stumble and walk slowly and acting with melee only acting like true zombies till they are exposed to pheromone attractor which causes them to become rabid assaulters rather than meat shields. Undead have the ability to absorb elemental attributes from weapons and add it to their melee attacks along with applying this effect to Necrotic Explosion. When they are amplified the Undead are restored back to full fighting form which means their wounds that they originally suffered are restored and they still absorb elemental weapon attributes. All the above applies to these amplified including the pheromone attractors bonus. Boss corpses can also be used if they’re in working condition.

Alternate forumer created Abilities-

Techno-Organic Cocoon-Wraps an enemy in a Techno Organic cocoon to do ... something- Concept by-Rengakun

For those interested in my process ill show you

Step 1. Use a refrence-

First I used my little brother Jason as a poor but sarting refrence

PoseWork_zps56f32714.png

Step 2. Go 3d

Had 2 poses went with one to better emphazise his pose

PoseWork3_zps47eaeb75.png

PoseWork2_zps27c84606.png

Step 3. Define the form

Did a simple trace over the 3d

WarframeSpitballing_zps388462ff.png

Step 4.Go nuts

Once you have the design you wat find shapes or forms you like I created 3 as a starter and incorporated them in later on

WarframeSpitballing2_zps2b3e43b9.png

Step 5.Thinking of Lights

This was more so to get lights then any real form

WarframeSpitballing3_zpse879255f.png

Final Step.Work away at it even when you think its done

Thanatos is still Wip and im going to add more pics explaining his abilities

WarframePic_zpsff101978.png

Hope everyone liked the show and likes the Warframe, id love the hear everyones opioninons or responses.

Edited by Aliasofall

First off, great work on the art work, it fits the theme of the character and manages to not be necro-cliche style. As a whole his kit seems pretty good, but since it's possible in Warframe to not take all four powers, the some of his skills will need some base effects + bonus for your minions.

Skill 1 is sounds very fun to use and looks great. Skill 2 sounds amazing, but in-game might be to situational as often bodies are to far from each other (or in corpus's case, no flesh corpses at all) to really have an explosion effect them unless the radius is ungodly large. Perhaps of exploding all corpses you create a suicidal zombie/undead/thing that runs to a target and explodes. Skill 3 should have an effect + the bonus to the undead, perhaps their armor is lowered drastic due to the corrosive acid? Skill 4 has a similar problem to Skill 3 in that it relies completely on another skill, maybe when you activate you create X number (X being determined by the power's mod rank) super metallic-ish zombies and you gain like an aura around yourself and targets that die near you become little zombies or little mini exploding ones.

just realized this post was getting a little to long so I'll stop here, regardless, great Art and great initial Concept! :)

pretty cool but i'm slightly concerned if this would be hard to balance properly 

still a really cool concept though

Thanks but arent all the warframes a bit hard to balance I mean look a saryn :D.

the design looks awesome, but as for the way the abilities work, i don't think they'd work well with how in warframe most of the enemies evaporate after they die, so there wouldn't be any corpses  

Thanks again, the darts when they hit an enemy infect them ressurecting them back as an enemy, and corpses in game take 30 seconds to dissolves away.

First off, great work on the art work, it fits the theme of the character and manages to not be necro-cliche style. As a whole his kit seems pretty good, but since it's possible in Warframe to not take all four powers, the some of his skills will need some base effects + bonus for your minions.

Skill 1 is sounds very fun to use and looks great. Skill 2 sounds amazing, but in-game might be to situational as often bodies are to far from each other (or in corpus's case, no flesh corpses at all) to really have an explosion effect them unless the radius is ungodly large. Perhaps of exploding all corpses you create a suicidal zombie/undead/thing that runs to a target and explodes. Skill 3 should have an effect + the bonus to the undead, perhaps their armor is lowered drastic due to the corrosive acid? Skill 4 has a similar problem to Skill 3 in that it relies completely on another skill, maybe when you activate you create X number (X being determined by the power's mod rank) super metallic-ish zombies and you gain like an aura around yourself and targets that die near you become little zombies or little mini exploding ones.

just realized this post was getting a little to long so I'll stop here, regardless, great Art and great initial Concept! :)

Thanks on skill 1, skill 2 wasnt sure on an explosive minion but the effect I was going for was that you used your undead as running bombs, Skill 3 was a toughy for me to come up with but I hink that wold help fill the gap, skill 4 was more so to create stronger minion/bombs but I might rework it further. 

Thanks for the nice reply

it's pretty good i must say, the powers and if the design is more cooler like i will definitely craft/buy this frame (no offense ) :D 

Everyone entitled to their opinions I dont take ofense.You also do realize im still working on him I mentioned it at the end of the steps.

Edited by Aliasofall

An idea for skill 4: Gets your undead minions together and do a megazord-like creature that goes around for ~20 or 30 secs kicking asses and taking names... and explodes after it expires or gets killed (or gets detonated for bonus damage/raidus).

An idea for skill 4: Gets your undead minions together and do a megazord-like creature that goes around for ~20 or 30 secs kicking asses and taking names... and explodes after it expires or gets killed (or gets detonated for bonus damage/raidus).

I had thought of something like that but I wasnt sure in game it would be feasible.

its a very nice concept i <3 it but we dont need a necromancer :D , but still great to see talent and concepts for warframe is you along with others that are keeping this community fresh and full of inspiration and ideas

I really like this concept. It would take some reworking with how bodies behave in warframe, but it's a good idea we should look into!

Thanks, I agree

its a very nice concept i <3 it but we dont need a necromancer :D , but still great to see talent and concepts for warframe is you along with others that are keeping this community fresh and full of inspiration and ideas

Wow thanks and I was thinking more so what we dont have then making a cut and paste of current ideas, im glad im adding uniqueness to the community

Too much health+shields, if you lowered those then it would be great.

Lol woops Fixed my bad on that I forgot to fix that.

Thanks I think are you suggesting an idea or commenting on it.?

Well, it's both.

The design could use the aforementioned coffins... y'know, being the god of death and all...

It could also be part of an ability, on the other hand.

Well, it's both.

The design could use the aforementioned coffins... y'know, being the god of death and all...

It could also be part of an ability, on the other hand.

Coffins are so damned cliche and Warframe's asthetic and art style wouldnt work with coffins he aspect of a coffin is to bury a loved one and make sure there memeory is forever there. Coffins in Warframe wouldnt be appropiate because of how futuristic the game is portrayed, and the meaning behind coffins. I also never said he was the god of death, I said his name came from the greek underworld god thanatos who was in charge of leading the dead and mortality he never actually buried or placed the dead into coffins.

Thats all not going after you or anything im jus explaining why cofins wouldnt work.   

Honorable Tenno reviving the dead to fight for them. Pffffffffffffffffff

Isnt the Tenno code "fight for yourself and your fellow Tenno. Kill those who try to kill you."

Honor for a Tenno is kinda of imposible to do considering they themselves cant give the enemy a fair fight therefore fighting enemies that cant fight at your level is dis honorable.

Also as a psychological warfare tool you force the enemy to kill thier own friends and former allies; thats 1 of the staples of being a ninja use your enemies morales and Mind against them to turn on themsleves in fear; in this case you use the horror of resurrected allies as the tool.   

Edited by Aliasofall

Coffins are so damned cliche and Warframe's asthetic and art style wouldnt work with coffins he aspect of a coffin is to bury a loved one and make sure there memeory is forever there. Coffins in Warframe wouldnt be appropiate because of how futuristic the game is portrayed, and the meaning behind coffins. I also never said he was the god of death, I said his name came from the greek underworld god thanatos who was in charge of leading the dead and mortality he never actually buried or placed the dead into coffins.

Thats all not going after you or anything im jus explaining why cofins wouldnt work.   

Oh.

Uh... how about some futuristic box thingys with lights on them that contain swords, then?

Or...

Some abilty that turns enemies into techno-organic cocoons which float around Thanatos which he could use to do... something, I guess.

The whole coffin thing was actually a reference to 2 other Thanatos' which have coffins floating around them. Thumbs up if you get that reference...

Edited by Rengakun

Oh.

Uh... how about some futuristic box thingys with lights on them that contain swords, then?

Or...

Some abilty that turns enemies into techno-organic cocoons which float around Thanatos which he could use to do... something, I guess.

The whole coffin thing was actually a reference to 2 other Thanatos' which have coffins floating around them. Thumbs up if you get that reference...

What are you talking about box things containing swords

Weird but interesting idea ill add it to ideas list

and this the Thanatos you talking about http://images.wikia.com/megamitensei/images/9/94/Thanatos-Concept.jpg

Edited by Aliasofall